Found Deceased CO - Joseph Keller, 18, Antonito, 23 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first question is why did they wait until Sunday to call the police?
2) Why was CF on FB on the 23 when ppl was looking for Joe?
3) Why was Kim Hicks pleas ignored, drones was on stand by for 3 days before they got permission?
4) Whos the adm of the Find Joe Keller fb page?
5) Dan Smith has offered valuable advice, no one answers him. Hes SAR expert in that area.
6) Sheriff Watson Cleveland Tn, offered to send help and good search equipment, he was refused from the local Sheriff.
7) Why the silence from the family? Why refuse interviews to the news?
8) IMO, they dont want to look at his friends, they are of the mindsets that they wasnt involved, almost like in denial. This is the only forum that doesnt delete comments about the friends. But the adm wasnt too interested in my info "unless the 2 boys are charged" here either. So i conclude this will go into the Cold Case files due to some bad advice given to those involved to be silent IMHO

You bring up some excellent points. Silence from the family is strange, unless there is a definite lead and it's only a matter of time. But this situation doesn't seem to fit that bill. Good help is being turned away, I don't understand that. I do understand both runner's pace differences. And they were running for a block of time, not distance. So, separating if they are at a different pace, makes sense. But when JK's friend turned around after his 30 minute Out and Back.....he should have run into JK within 5 minutes, 8 at the most, on his way back. They weren't that far apart, speedwise. I'm a distance runner, I do have a leg up (no pun intended!) on patterns/behaviors between running friends. I can see his friend running ahead.....but he should have seen JK and he says he did not. There should be a very small area to search if it is a simple matter of JK falling/passing out...if he's not in that immediate area, then it's foul play. My humble opinion only.

Huh. Sounds like Conejos sherif dept doesn't believe he is or was up there. Fishy fishy fishy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. It sounds like they don't think he disappeared on that alleged jog.

I agree. It sounds like they don't think he disappeared on that alleged jog.

This is rumor only, but supposedly he had lunch with the aunt, split wood with uncle and cousin saw him leaving for his run. IF this is true, I'm not 100% sure what I think about him going missing.

I live in Bradley Co, our Sheriffs Dept is very updated. They have a huge budget and benefitted from millions of dollars found in an Interstate drug bust. Sheriff Watson is a new Sheriff but has been in law enforcement for many years and was also a State Representive for 8 yrs. He would of sent State of the Art equipment such as a Forensic Mobile Lab. Many millionaires live here or nearby that has private plans including Peyton Manning. FYI, CF brother plays football for TN Vols Peytons alumuni. Im astounded by the refusal of help.

I hope that the silence means that their reasons are valid as to not compromise a criminal investigation. The chances of an accidental fall is seeming less likely. I believe they have searchd every cranny and searched again. Also i read a post where a lady said she called in with a tip of someone who looked like him, for the Sheriff to never return her call. Things like that stick out for me.

Where did you read or hear this rumor from? I dont know what to think either, as the community stands steadfast that the boys are innocent but my gut wasnt so sure. Id feel bad for thinking someone is guilty of foul play if they are innocent.

I live in Bradley Co, our Sheriffs Dept is very updated. They have a huge budget and benefitted from millions of dollars found in an Interstate drug bust. Sheriff Watson is a new Sheriff but has been in law enforcement for many years and was also a State Representive for 8 yrs. He would of sent State of the Art equipment such as a Forensic Mobile Lab. Many millionaires live here or nearby that has private plans including Peyton Manning. FYI, CF brother plays football for TN Vols Peytons alumuni. Im astounded by the refusal of help.

I hope that the silence means that their reasons are valid as to not compromise a criminal investigation. The chances of an accidental fall is seeming less likely. I believe they have searchd every cranny and searched again. Also i read a post where a lady said she called in with a tip of someone who looked like him, for the Sheriff to never return her call. Things like that stick out for me.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/29700281/search-for-cleveland-tn-teen-suspended-but-investigation-continues

"The Bradley County Sheriff's Office says it offered to send a response team to Colorado but Conejos County declined. Even so, the Bradley Sheriff's Office is still investigating the days leading up to when Joe Keller disappeared."
Conejos Sheriff's know what they are doing. The sheriff's themselves are saying they are looking into the days leading up. There must be a reason, and they don't need outside help from influences that might tarnish or influence their case.

Because IF CM is related to a famous person (and there is no proof of that), AND that person lives in the area, then Conejos County sheriff's know this if you do. Also, WHY was that info kept from the media and only Joe's family connections to the area revealed? IF it is true that CM is related to a famous person, that could be exactly why LE is so hush hush and not including Bradley County. LE can be bought off, and if this case goes cold - it'll blow up in their face and tarnish famous people as the motivation to ignore a crime. Maybe Conejos County doesn't want that to happen.

LE is not obligated to announce their findings to the public, or other LE agencies. There could be a crime here, and it's very possible Joe Keller never set foot in Conejos County during the time frame it was claimed he was there. The right and proper thing is to find this out, no matter who is related to whom.

I think there is more to the story then what we are being told. IMO, I believe the local police department knows a lot more than they are saying.

jmo

Where did you read or hear this rumor from? I dont know what to think either, as the community stands steadfast that the boys are innocent but my gut wasnt so sure. Id feel bad for thinking someone is guilty of foul play if they are innocent.
It was on the Find Joe Keller page in the comments.

Does anyone know how soon after he went missing a search was started? I thought I read the friends and family searched that evening. I'm wondering if it is possible he went back to the ranch before CG or if he made it back and something happened afterwards. Just thinking.

Conejos Sheriff's know what they are doing. The sheriff's themselves are saying they are looking into the days leading up. There must be a reason, and they don't need outside help from influences that might tarnish or influence their case.

Because IF CM is related to a famous person (and there is no proof of that), AND that person lives in the area, then Conejos County sheriff's know this if you do. Also, WHY was that info kept from the media and only Joe's family connections to the area revealed? IF it is true that CM is related to a famous person, that could be exactly why LE is so hush hush and not including Bradley County. LE can be bought off, and if this case goes cold - it'll blow up in their face and tarnish famous people as the motivation to ignore a crime. Maybe Conejos County doesn't want that to happen.

LE is not obligated to announce their findings to the public, or other LE agencies. There could be a crime here, and it's very possible Joe Keller never set foot in Conejos County during the time frame it was claimed he was there. The right and proper thing is to find this out, no matter who is related to whom.

I am trying to figure out who CM is in your post.
Do you mean CF? CG?

This is true that LE is not obligated to announce their findings to the public.

It is strange to me, though, that the facebook page for missing Joe, early on, said that the search was cancelled, then the Conejos County Sheriff's office said the search was Not cancelled, that they would search through at least the weekend, and now the search is cancelled, with offers of help to the Conejos County Sheriff's Office being denied.

Also what is strange to me is the Silence from the families.

Whatever the reasons are for the silence, is it to help LE? Is it to help themselves?
Do the family, or families know more, and they aren't speaking?

A lot of this Never made sense to me from the beginning.
It is like there are missing pieces to the puzzle and perhaps LE and family have some of those
missing pieces.

What does stand out to me personally, is that there is a lack of communication from Joe's Rainbow Trout Ranch
family.Why is that? Do they know more and they are afraid of questions?
If the sheriff asked them not to speak, are they obligated by law not to speak?
Or is it, this type of thing, where you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law? You know the Miranda rights?

This case is very strange!

IMOO.

I think there is more to the story then what we are being told. IMO, I believe the local police department knows a lot more than they are saying.

jmo

I think you are right.
What little is known is not adding up, and the actions(or lack of) of the sheriff's office and the people surrounding the case of Joe being missing isn't adding up, in my opinion.
There Has to be more to this, because frankly, this doesn't make sense to me.

IMOO.

It was on the Find Joe Keller page in the comments.

Was the comment from a family member?
I haven't found that comment.
Was the comment from a friend of a family member?
How would this poster know this?
Did they say they were in communication with the family to get this rumored info?

Does anyone know how soon after he went missing a search was started? I thought I read the friends and family searched that evening. I'm wondering if it is possible he went back to the ranch before CG or if he made it back and something happened afterwards. Just thinking.

And if that is true, then it would make sense, to have Miranda rights read. ( I posted about Miranda rights up thread.)
Maybe that is why people are silent?
All just thoughts and questions.
IMOO.

So, then, it goes back to my original thought process, which was Joe left on his own, or Joe left with someone he knew and something went horribly wrong, perhaps.

It doesn't seem like Joe left willingly, by himself, to me.
And if he did, did someone pick him up?
He seemed to vanish.
He hasn't been found.
What other way could he have left that road or that ranch?

Are all the ATV's accounted for?
Are all the horses accounted for?
Are all mountain bikes, motorcycles accounted for?
Are all the vehicles accounted for?
Are all modes of transportation accounted for?

IMOO.

CF is not kin to Peyton Manning, CF brother plays football at UTK. Peyton was the Vols quarterback and lives near Bradley County Tn. My point is their is alot of resources not being utilized.
If it was my child, my face would be onevery media outlet asking for help, i would blow social media up. Not one interview has the immediate families gave and local news has asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee