CO - Kara Nichols, 19, Colorado Springs, 9 Oct 2012, found deceased 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i notice that on the link DylansMom34 posted, that there is a Poster of missing Kara with pictures of her with brown hair. I haven't seen these pics before and she looks rather different in them.

i notice that on the link DylansMom34 posted, that there is a Poster of missing Kara with pictures of her with brown hair. I haven't seen these pics before and she looks rather different in them.

You're very right. She looks like a totally different woman as a brunette.

IMO, I have a terrible feeling she may have met with someone/thing sinister having to do with her modeling. At the age of 19, I recall feeling like I was all grown up and knew what was best and that I was always safe, no matter what I was told. I know this age is difficult. Legally an adult, but still making the choices of a teenager. I just hope this young woman didn't respond to a bogus modeling ad and meet up with some shady person who harmed her. I just have a terrible feeling in my gut about her. She is so pretty. I am shocked this isn't getting more media attention. Again, where is the sense of urgency? Has anyone been searching? Have all of her phone, bank etc. records been checked? I would especially suggest her computer/laptop be checked. I truly think she may have answered a modeling ad. I hate that our young woman and children keep disappearing. It seems as though it's an alarming rate and more should be being done about this! Where are you Kara? I am praying she is found safe and comes home soon. :please:

Not sure if this was posted already, browsed the 4 pages and couldn't find it but there's a Help Us Find Kara Nichols FB page. It doesn't seem to have a lot of updates and info on it though.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindKaraNichols

Btw, if you look at that page, she actually has two unique tattoos, what look to be on either her ankles or wrists.

Not sure if this was posted already, browsed the 4 pages and couldn't find it but there's a Help Us Find Kara Nichols FB page. It doesn't seem to have a lot of updates and info on it though.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindKaraNichols

Btw, if you look at that page, she actually has two unique tattoos, what look to be on either her ankles or wrists.

Thankyou for posting Kara's fb link. I had looked on fb many times to see if there was one, and am now glad to see that there is. The little spaceman tatoos are very distinctive indeed. Easily recognised. I also noticed that it was stated that the flyer with Kara pictured with both brown and blonde hair is the only flyer the family want circulated at the moment.

I am just really shocked that they aren't asking for help with a search, or something. Not a lot of media attention. I feel so sorry for the missing and their family that don't get massive media exposure. I am just so use to seeing that on the majority of the cases I have been following. I wonder if the family would be open to suggestion via message to check this site for some useful info and some help? I may just drop them a message. I hope this girl is safe somewhere tonight.

Hmmm....I did try to message the page. It has the message icon up, but when I hit it to send a message it takes me to a blank page. I wonder, if someone else has time could they try and message the family? I just wanted to refer to this site because it has so much useful info! TIA!

I'm an optimist, so I am really hoping that Kara just decided that she wanted to start a new life - maybe changed her look a bit and up and left. Hoping she's out there somewhere, safe and happy. If she is though, I'd wish she'd let her loved ones know. For some reason though, her whole modeling thing has got me feeling bad about this. I will continue to hope for the best.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/HelpUsFindKaraNichols?fref=ts

On the Help us find Kara Nichols facebook, there was an update 11 hours ago.
Below is a snippet from the update. (Mods i hope it is ok to post this.)
The family will be meeting with investigators this coming week and a joint press conference will also be taking place with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. Following the holiday our media efforts will heighten since we all know someone knows something of what happened or the whereabouts of Kara. Together with your help we can bring her home!

I am so glad that there seems to be alot of media attention and attention to this young ladies disappearance full stop. I am also glad to see that the media is now starting to show some respect for the family and Kara herself and have rephrased alot of the headlines of her disappearance to "missing teen, Kara Nichols". Which is EXACTLY what she is. A young teenage girl missing with no explantation, that has a loving family and many friends that miss her and just want her home.

Yes... Her hair may be back to its original color....

It may even have been cut shorter... Or differently, by now, too!

JMO

also from article

Nichols' family will be attending Tuesday's news conference. In a statement from the Sheriff's Office regarding the news conference, the Sheriff's Office says "It is the hope of the Nichols family and that of the Sheriff's Office that highlighting this case will produce valuable information or investigative leads."

Finally, getting the information out there....she's been missing since October 9

The family of a 19-year-old Colo. girl who has been missing for more than a month plan to attend a news conference Tuesday afternoon about the case, reports CBS affiliate KKTV.
Pictures: Teen model missing in Colorado

Kara Nichols, 19, was last seen in Colorado Springs on October 9. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office, who will be leading Tuesday's news conference, has called her disappearance "suspicious."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ce-tuesday-as-search-for-colo-teen-continues/

http://www.facebook.com/#!/HelpUsFindKaraNichols?fref=ts

On the Help us find Kara Nichols facebook, there was an update 11 hours ago.
Below is a snippet from the update. (Mods i hope it is ok to post this.)

I am so glad that there seems to be alot of media attention and attention to this young ladies disappearance full stop. I am also glad to see that the media is now starting to show some respect for the family and Kara herself and have rephrased alot of the headlines of her disappearance to "missing teen, Kara Nichols". Which is EXACTLY what she is. A young teenage girl missing with no explantation, that has a loving family and many friends that miss her and just want her home.

All the national headlines I'm seeing are mentioning her model background. The media does not care about showing respect; they care about their bottom line and more people will click about a "Missing Model" than "Missing 19-Year-Old".

ETA: The fact that Kara is a model, and the media can show pictures of her in lingerie, is a huge reason why they picked up the story, especially when you consider it's almost at the three-month mark. It's a "hook" to grab the public.

All the national headlines I'm seeing are mentioning her model background. The media does not care about showing respect; they care about their bottom line and more people will click about a "Missing Model" than "Missing 19-Year-Old".

Yes some are, but alo tseem to have changed the article headlines. Although they still mention her modelling in the story. I agree with you that the media only care about what sells...although it would be nice to think that some boundaries and morals are considered in their quest to gain clicks.
Any media attention highlighting Kara's disappearance has to be a good thing. I just hope Kara is found.

I know the family does not like her model background being brought up, but if they want national coverage, they are going to have to accept it. It looks like they decided to do a media push recently, and they got responses from CBS, Huffington Post, JVM, and The Daily Mail. That is a lot of attention for a three-month old case. I understand their frustration but many parents don't get any national attention so I don't really agree with complaining about the media focusing on the modeling factor, because without it, they might not even have local attention.

Kara's disappearance may or may not have anything to do with modeling. I agree, all stones need to be turned, all possibilities need to be explored, all acquaintances and contacts (personal, business, or otherwise) need to be interviewed. This young girl is somewhere and someone knows where. I hope she is located safely!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chenv8
Back