CO - Kara Nichols, 19, Colorado Springs, 9 Oct 2012, found deceased 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I always thought this would be an open and shut case, as I'd imagine the perp would be whoever she last had correspondence with regarding a "modelling job". Evidently not as easy :(

I think we should start keeping track of all the missing young ladies who had an interest in modelling. It appears to be a recurring theme.

I think we should start keeping track of all the missing young ladies who had an interest in modelling. It appears to be a recurring theme.

Interesting. Just on JVM the spokeswoman (Michelle Bart ... remember her?) just said that the parents wanted to alert everyone that Kara was NOT modeling. Her dad will speak tomorrow at the Co Springs presser to set the record straight and help get the word out about Kara.

JVM transcript will be up later tonight and I will post it for everyone to read.

Interesting. Just on JVM the spokeswoman (Michelle Bart ... remember her?) just said that the parents wanted to alert everyone that Kara was NOT modeling. Her dad will speak tomorrow at the Co Springs presser to set the record straight and help get the word out about Kara.

JVM transcript will be up later tonight and I will post it for everyone to read.

Denial will not serve the parents well at this juncture.

Denial will not serve the parents well at this juncture.

I agree. I guess it's hard when you want your daughter to be portrayed as "apple pie". The photos on ModelMayhem do not even look like the ones the family posted, the only "official" photos.

Someone may recognize her from those work photos. They may yield important info.

The family is upset at the lack of media attention yet wants to control it when they do get it.

Bottom line is all information is good when trying to locate someone.

I blogged about it at http://www.lasvegasworldnews.com/kara-nichols-missing-colorado-teen-model-missing-since-10-9/8374/

I know the family does not like her model background being brought up, but if they want national coverage, they are going to have to accept it. It looks like they decided to do a media push recently, and they got responses from CBS, Huffington Post, JVM, and The Daily Mail. That is a lot of attention for a three-month old case. I understand their frustration but many parents don't get any national attention so I don't really agree with complaining about the media focusing on the modeling factor, because without it, they might not even have local attention.

I could not agree with you more. I had just blogged about it and expressed many of the same sentiments.

There is obviously more going on that police are admitting right now.

Let's hope she is found safe and soon!

JVM transcript
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/19/ijvm.01.html

Thankyou for posting the transcript.
This whole situation of Kara disappearing, and the vunerable position she put herself in with her description of herself and her experience on MM, gives me a sick feeling in my stomach...so many young people don't realise how putting themselves in certain scenarios can be dangerous...i'm sure many of us here on webslueths can look back to when we were teenagers and think OMG i can't believe i used to do that!! Wether it be walking home alone late at night after meeting up with friends, or getting totally intoxicated and making oneself vunerable...or any other scenario that may have put us in danger unknowingly. When you're young you think everything is rosy, you're invincible, nothing will happen to me...i just want to live my life, have fun. That's how it should be, but sadly, it's not so easy when there are people are ready take advantage of this in society....it's a sad world we live in indeed.

I agree. I guess it's hard when you want your daughter to be portrayed as "apple pie". The photos on ModelMayhem do not even look like the ones the family posted, the only "official" photos.

Someone may recognize her from those work photos. They may yield important info.

The family is upset at the lack of media attention yet wants to control it when they do get it.

Bottom line is all information is good when trying to locate someone.

I blogged about it at http://www.lasvegasworldnews.com/kara-nichols-missing-colorado-teen-model-missing-since-10-9/8374/
Thanks...

and :welcome:

Please everyone look at the new photos of Kara on her fb page, posted only 40 mins. What lovely everyday photos of a beautiful teenager. Omg it is heartbreaking.
http://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindKaraNichols?fref=ts

Snippet from a update on Kara's page..
Kara Updates:

We posted new photos, we ask that any photos being used from any other sites be disregarded – these are the ONLY photos that the family is asking the public and media to use. Kara is an aspiring model but she worked at a restaurant weeks prior to her disappearance. Please use only these photos and no other flyer other than the one on this site – unless you receive a publication an
d/or image from law enforcement or us, we ask you disregard.

Please everyone look at the new photos of Kara on her fb page, posted only 40 mins. What lovely everyday photos of a beautiful teenager. Omg it is heartbreaking.
http://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindKaraNichols?fref=ts

Snippet from a update on Kara's page..

The media is not going to cover the case if they can't use pictures of Kara in lingerie. They are either going to disregard the "Only use these pictures" or they will just drop it. They cannot control the media. They need the media more than the media needs them. It is not easy to "sell" an almost three-month-old case to the media and public.

For those who watched JVM, did she show the modeling pictures?

To be honest i can see exactly why Kara's parents don't want pictures of Kara "modelling" being shown. It is not what Kara was all about, the new pics showing Kara with her family are a true reflection of who she is...just a typical teenager with a loving family.

Kara herself said she was new to modelling on MM. So would "who" she is rest on showing pics of her dressed in bikinis ect... they are NOT "who" she is, just soething she did.

I hate to be harsh but I see only 3 possibilities (MOO):

1. She has been killed in which case she is not going to be identified in this length of time by any pictures but all pictures could help someone remember something that may lead to her being found.

2. She left on her own. All pictures could lead to finding her. Who knows what she is doing or what she looks like.

3. She is a victim of human trafficking and the modeling pictures would be very important in finding her. The "apple pie" pictures likely would have no value here.

She is a beautiful girl and I sympathize with her parents but if she is still alive they need to get any and every possible picture out there. Who knows which one might be the one that causes someone to recognize her.

I don't think they should be ashamed that she wanted to model and don't most models (even after they have made it big) still pose much the same. It is what they do. It is part of their job.

She may not have been modeling when she disappeared but her modeling photos and her appearance now if still alive may be similar. How distraught would they be if 20 yrs from now they found out that people did come in contact with her but didn't recognize her due to the pictures that were distributed? JMO but put them all out there and pray.

They are fortunate to have photos covering 2 hair colors and different looks. Many times people have to photoshop pics to show what someone "might" look like.

I think what a person does and what they love is part of who they are. Kara obviously loved modeling and was aspiring to be a model.

Not sure why the family is so concerned about the photo's.
Her face book had these photo's all over it, she is already out there.
I don't feel anyone is trying to exploit her, just find her.

I pray she is ok but fear otherwise :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmandaRDH
Back