CO - Kara Nichols, 19, Colorado Springs, 9 Oct 2012, found deceased 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ara-nichols-19-missing-springs-lingerie-model

Authorities trying to find 2 women last seen with Kara Nichols, 19, missing Springs lingerie model
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Law enforcement investigators are trying to find two brunette women who were the last people seen with 19-year-old Kara Nichols, a Colorado Springs lingerie model who vanished last month.

El Paso County Sheriff's Office officials said at a Tuesday afternoon news briefing that they consider the two women to be witnesses not suspects in Nichols' disappearance.

http://www.koaa.com/news/parents-of-missing-woman-plead-for-help/

Kara's roommates said she took cash with her and left for Denver with an unfamiliar brunette woman. The sheriff's office also released a photo of a second woman who they believe met with Kara earlier in the day.

"Neither of them are suspects in anyway," Maketa said. "They're just people we are trying to contact that we know had contact with Kara at least the last date she was seen."

I am encouraged there seems to be some tangible leads to follow to help find Kara!

I hope someone/some people recognize the brunette shown on this article... And can bring it to LE's attention!

JMO

Yes, me too. The woman is most definitely distinctive given her unique tatoo on her arm. There seems to be a train of thought that the woman is from Denver. Someone will surely know who she is.

I have not seen her photos on Model Mayhem, but the parents may be correct in that she is not modeling. Model Mayhem is a place that ANYONE can join and you post your own pictures. Lots of wannabes on there, but doesn't necessary mean the person is a full-fledged model.

My daughter is on there and usually what happens is a photographer contacts you and wants to do a free shoot - it benefits him/her and benefits the "model" because they get free pictures for their portfolio. My daughter had one paying job and lots of freebies.

Again, I haven't seen this girl's photos, but they could be ones that she took herself, or a wannabe photographer took. I don't consider a person a model until they are being paid the going rate. I know lots of young teens that have profiles on there that are not even interested in modeling really - just another site to put your face out there for whatever reason.

All this to say, I don't think the parents are in "denial." I would say that they probably know much better than anyone on this site what their daughter is or is not.

On Kara's missing fb page, there is a flyer that has been posted (by Help us find Kara), from twitter. It is two seperate posts showing two pics of the woman who is being sought as being with Kara before she disappeared. It is interesting that the title to that flyer is "Person of interest" Hmmm

Sadly, it sounds to me like a possible case of trafficking. I worry that she is being held against her will and being 'sold' by the hour. :mad:

Sadly, it sounds to me like a possible case of trafficking. I worry that she is being held against her will and being 'sold' by the hour. :mad:

Oh my, even the thought that that has happened upsets me. Although it is a very sad possibility...i just hope not a reality.

If possible, I would like for us to find out who saw these two brunettes... What their demeanor was... What Kara's demeanor with them was... And what kind of discussion, if any ...there was between the person(s) who saw them and the brunettes.

Did Kara's parent's see them.... Did another family member see them???

JMO

If possible, I would like for us to find out who saw these two brunettes... What their demeanor was... What Kara's demeanor with them was... And what kind of discussion, if any ...there was between the person(s) who saw them and the brunettes.

Did Kara's parent's see them.... Did another family member see them???

JMO

It was Kara's roomate who said Kara took some cash and left with the unfamiliat brunette. http://www.koaa.com/news/parents-of-missing-woman-plead-for-help/
It would be great to know the answers to the questions you pointed out, hopefully we get some answers to them soon. :please:

So the "Person of Interest" flyer has the brunette with the tattoo (who appears to be a bit older than Kara) MOO

Where is the picture of the other woman? I've looked through the news briefings and am not finding pictures of the second woman....

I have not seen her photos on Model Mayhem, but the parents may be correct in that she is not modeling. Model Mayhem is a place that ANYONE can join and you post your own pictures. Lots of wannabes on there, but doesn't necessary mean the person is a full-fledged model.

My daughter is on there and usually what happens is a photographer contacts you and wants to do a free shoot - it benefits him/her and benefits the "model" because they get free pictures for their portfolio. My daughter had one paying job and lots of freebies.

Again, I haven't seen this girl's photos, but they could be ones that she took herself, or a wannabe photographer took. I don't consider a person a model until they are being paid the going rate. I know lots of young teens that have profiles on there that are not even interested in modeling really - just another site to put your face out there for whatever reason.

All this to say, I don't think the parents are in "denial." I would say that they probably know much better than anyone on this site what their daughter is or is not.

And there are a lot of scams out there that don't shoot you for free. I used to know a woman who worked for an "agency" in Colorado Springs that was always searching for "models". All they were really doing was getting the prospective models to buy the photographs. I guess they could charge a good bit more for that than normal pictures since they were offering the (slim) possibility of placement too. Maybe they got a very small percentage of clients a job every once in a while, if that, but it was mostly about using the dream of becoming a model to basically scam people. It's easy to take advantage of people who have the dream to do something that a lot of people want but only a small number can become successful at.

Yes, me too. The woman is most definitely distinctive given her unique tatoo on her arm. There seems to be a train of thought that the woman is from Denver. Someone will surely know who she is.

that is so true regarding the tattoo..

Hair can be cut and colored to camouflage appearance.. But tattoos remain.. And this tattoo is not hidden away...

(I do realize, of course , that tats can be removed and/or covered... But removing tats is not a quick process.. And this tat does cover quite a swath of the brunettes arm.)

JMO

This is being covered on JVM. Parents are being interviewed.

This is being covered on JVM. Parents are being interviewed.

They said the photos of the woman came from Facebook - somebody on Facebook said Kara should contact her. Kara was hanging out with her at Kara's residence the day she went missing and the woman probably drove her somewhere (Kara didn't have a car or license).

This is probably one of those situations where it would really help for Facebook to be searchable by Google. Maybe a reverse image search would have put a name to a photo a long time ago.

Tried the reversible, no luck, but did put it out to peeps I know in Colo. If it was a roommate as stated earlier, the would have found out the info and other info by now, I wonder what they are not telling us..

ummm....if you go to Kara's FB page and click who she was modeling for, then go to pics...look for the blonde with the flag and the army fatigues.

I'm inclined to think there's more to the modeling on the agency's part. jmo

ETA: I'm wondering what kind of modeling agency this is. And I can't believe FB would allow some of the pics that's on their FB. Wherever she is I hope she is ok and makes contact soon.

jmo

El Paso County sheriff's officials said in a Tuesday statement that the teenager's eagerness to break into the modeling business may have "caused Kara to fall prey to a subculture of modeling business fronts that many times involve illicit drugs and prostitution."

"This subculture could have exploited a teenage girl who may have lacked the life experience to see the inherent risks. Our investigators have uncovered several websites which are not the cause of Kara's disappearance, but sites which relate to this subculture," sheriff's officials said.

Nichols was last seen on the evening of Oct. 9 as she left her home located in the 6700 block of Mission Road in Colorado Springs, sheriff's officials said. She left behind key personal items -- her purse and driver's license -- suggesting she planned to soon return home.

She told a roommate that she was going to Denver to check on a modeling job.

Since that day, the young woman who constantly used her cellphone and social media to stay in touch with family and friends hasn't been heard from, officials said.

"All of a sudden that stopped -- no communication since then, especially from a person who was an extrovert, who was always reaching out to people," said Sheriff Terry Maketa.
updated

"This subculture could have exploited a teenage girl who may have lacked the life experience to see the inherent risks. Our investigators have uncovered several websites which are not the cause of Kara's disappearance, but sites which relate to this subculture," sheriff's officials said.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ara-nichols-19-missing-springs-lingerie-model

and therefore the reason for EVERY picture of Kara to be out there because they may be dealing with 2 separate "worlds" here.

My heart breaks for the parents but they need to be realistic and use every tool they can to find their daughter....she's been missing since October 9, show every gosh darn picture you have!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I can't imagine it will take long to identify the brunette. Especially with the tattoo. I'm just wondering what does LE think happened here? I'm kind of at a loss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back