CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we are talking about the same person. The one I found is Sh Cu.

Basically on Monday @ 1:48 she is excited about her Birthday and wants to know what she will get. There seems to be no sadness.

Does comment that she has not been sleeping well.
She posts how she is waiting for LE to call... another friend writes "do they not believe you?"

There's definitely a womans voice say "he rapes people" and I would assume it's AW since it's posted by her and titled "my house my son his friends normal night lol"

I'm wondering if this is somewhat of the "fun" house - IYKWIM
I thought of a family gathering a few years back, where I got stuck listening to teenagers being "cool."

IF that's April's voice, she's about as mature as the teens, but when I heard it I thought it was one of her son's friends. It could even be KW, but if it is either KW or AW, then she's trying really hard to be 17.

SC also states she wants to know kayleah's bros (MJ) number cause she wanted to know if he knew someone named Jesse, she may have left with him. Also one of the friends lied about going to the party and about running away. She was told by the detectives it was a lie.

SC also states she wants to know kayleah's bros (MJ) number cause she wanted to know if he knew someone named Jesse, she may have left with him. Also one of the friends lied about going to the party and about running away. She was told by the detectives it was a lie.

I think this was debunked by LE and unfortunately caused a delay in treating this case as endangered missing. Some friend this person is. What I want to know is WHY she lied and made up a grand story like this. Kid has issues.

Taken from The Greeley Tribune, “According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, to qualify for an Amber Alert, a case must involve a known abduction. In the case of Kayleah Wilson, it isn't known whether she was abducted, so the case doesn't qualify for an Amber Alert.” (Kayleah Wilson case: FBI joins the search 2010)

This means that an Amber Alert was not issued because they know for a fact that she was not abducted? Correct me if I am wrong.

The writer then list the criteria for an Amber Alert:

“» 1. The abducted child must be 17 or younger. » 2. The abducted child must be in immediate danger of serious bodily harm or death. » 3. There must be enough descriptive information to believe a broadcast will assist or aid in the recovery. » 4. The activation must be requested by a local law enforcement agency or Amber designee from another state.” (Kayleah Wilson case: FBI joins the search 2010)

With all of this I think that understand how and why an Amber Alert is issued.
LE did not issue an Amber Alert because it was not a know abduction, I think this is a gray area; I do not see “know abduction” on the list of criteria.

After a child is missing for 24 hours and considering weather conditions, would that be enough to consider the child in serious bodily harm or death. I am not trying to be critical of LE; however, where are the heroes? Where is that police officer that stands up and takes charge of this situation? If she is alive and lost in town someplace the first 48 hours is crucial in finding her. If someone has taken her, every day that passes the chances of finding her alive decreases. I know that I may not understand what LE has to go through on a daily bases; however, within the first 48 hours every sex offender and parolee should have been questioned and their homes should have been checked. This could be the difference between finding her alive and dead.

This story breaks my heart.

Kayleah Wilson case: FBI joins the search. (2010, April 1) Greeley Tribune. Retrieved April 1, 2010, from http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100401/NEWS/100409981/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Although there is national criteria for an AMBER Alert, each state can alter the criteria. I'm not sure if Colorado has done so. But the national criteria does say:

"Law enforcement must confirm that an abduction has taken place"

http://www.amberalert.gov/faqs.htm

It also says "Most state's guidelines adhere closely to DOJ's recommended guidelines." Some do not allow parental abduction cases at all, others have additional criteria. It just depends on the state.

I think there should be exceptions to every rule. And I think an AMBER Alert may have been a good idea early in this case. (Too late now.) But I don't think that it should be issued every time a child goes missing for more than 24 hours. Unfortunately, it just can't help in some cases. For some, the child is already deceased. For others, the child is simply lost. But I DO think that there should be some kind of "secondary" alert, or another *level* to the AMBER Alert, in which an abduction cannot be confirmed, but is suspected.

For a while, Code Amber was using an "Endangered Missing" CANS alert. Lindsey Baum got one of these when she disappeared. Well, a few days after she disappeared. I think a CANS alert would be a good idea in this case. Here is Lindsey's as an example: http://codeamber.com/baumwa/

I wonder if there is a way to backtrack from the facebook page to the cell phone number being used to access it, and track it back to cell tower pings. Not that we could do it, but I wonder if the technology is able to do this.

Praying for Kayleigh's safety.

It is also possible that she was using an ipod touch to update her myspace page. There is an app that'll do that. This would explain why it said mobile and yet she reportedly had no cell phone.

There should be a system/law that covers all children, something that would be automatic for every child 17 or under who has been missing for more than 24/48 hours. Maybe it would not directly force LE out in the field to search, but at least notify the media and public. This if after an additional 24/48 hours, the case is rolled over into an Amber Alert. I think after a child is missing for four days something is wrong and the child would be in some type of danger?

There should be a system/law that covers all children, something that would be automatic for every child 17 or under who has been missing for more than 24/48 hours. Maybe it would not directly force LE out in the field to search, but at least notify the media and public. This if after an additional 24/48 hours, the case is rolled over into an Amber Alert. I think after a child is missing for four days something is wrong and the child would be in some type of danger?

Unfortunately, the first 48 hours are critical. If an AMBER Alert would help, it would be in the first 48 hours. After that, it is essentially not as helpful (in most cases) because the abductor may have fled the area, the child may already be dead, or a number of other reasons. Actually, most kids abducted by a non-family member are killed within the first 3 hours. The statistics just get significantly lower after 48 hours. Kind of makes you even more frustrated that most AMBER Alerts take over 3 hours to get out, eh?

Yes, a change needs to be made to the system. It's just going to take some careful thought and re-working. But I agree, there needs to be SOMETHING.

Am I remembering correctly that she is an asthmatic? I think Amber alerts have a medically endangered something or another don't they?

I agree except I think an Amber Alert should be issued immediately for anyone under 17. When AW called LE at 10pm Sunday and said Kayleah never showed up for the party at 4pm, one should've been issued right then and there. She still could have been in the area and it would've put people on the lookout. So what if they don't have a vehicle or suspect description, they could've put hers out there. I'd much rather them do this and come back later and say "oops, she's ok" then to realize too much time has passed for an alert to do any good.

In this case, I just don't understand why LE didn't immediately go out. They waited til the next morning to even ask any questions and didn't get it to media until Tues evening. At 10:30 Sun night they should've been knocking on the doors of the apts where she was supposed to have met her friend. What if someone was holding her in there and slipped out Mon before LE started poking around?

Just because it's released to the media in a press release doesn't mean that media will pick it up and cover it.

I would say 95 percent of the teenagers (ages 13-17) are treated like "second class missing" by most law enforcement and media. IMO

They write them off as runaways and are lucky to get a mention in a newspaper.

It infuriates me to no end.

Then that child winds up being raped or is found dead, the newspapers and media are all OVER that.
It's sad when a child is newsworthy as dead but not newsworthy as a missing child.

Still no signs of missing 12-year-old girl

Both the local police in Greeley and the FBI say there are no new leads in the search for a 12-year-old girl who vanished on Sunday while walking to a friend's house for a birthday party.

[snip]

There are a few locations left that were being searched by officers on Thursday, including areas around the library or the mall and some alleys around her neighborhood. The large-scale searches have ended.

About 40 investigators are now working the case and they spent much of Thursday re-interviewing a number of witnesses, some for the third time. Sgt. Joe Tymkowych with the Greeley Police department says this is typical in most cases.

More: http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=135778&catid=339

I hate to say this but what is the landfill situation there in Greeley? I hope they have that end covered. Just in case.

I know it was said that Kayleah's mom is 'living' at the GPD trying to help search for her daughter, but other than that I just feel icky over this family. I don't feel like anyone was a real role model....someone who would give her sound, mature advice. I'm trying to politely say what is on my mind and what has been on my mind since Tuesday.
Kayleah's only real friend on MS is SC who is also on facebook. She has spent the past few days complaining that she can't see her boyfriend and that her birthday isn't going to be great anymore. While I know most 17/18 year olds are self-absorbed, it bothers me that she doesn't seem to care as much as I'd like her to. It concerns me that Kayleah was hanging out with 17 year olds in the first place....and that they were all over at her home talking about rape and condoms while she sat in the living room. It concerns me that April would find this behavior 'funny' and like it enough to post it on her social networking site. It bothers me that Kayleah was in foster care.....for what. I'm just worried that this may have been a 'ticking timebomb' scenario. Not that they were responsible for something that happened to her, but that they may have enabled a situation where Kayleah felt more 'mature' than she is...and where Kayleah was, essentially, 'raising' herself with her mom behaving more like a friend than a parent.

I agree except I think an Amber Alert should be issued immediately for anyone under 17. When AW called LE at 10pm Sunday and said Kayleah never showed up for the party at 4pm, one should've been issued right then and there. She still could have been in the area and it would've put people on the lookout. So what if they don't have a vehicle or suspect description, they could've put hers out there. I'd much rather them do this and come back later and say "oops, she's ok" then to realize too much time has passed for an alert to do any good.

In this case, I just don't understand why LE didn't immediately go out. They waited til the next morning to even ask any questions and didn't get it to media until Tues evening. At 10:30 Sun night they should've been knocking on the doors of the apts where she was supposed to have met her friend. What if someone was holding her in there and slipped out Mon before LE started poking around?

The problem with issuing an amber alert for anyone under 17 is that over 2,000 children go missing each day. The amber alert would never stop running and then people would begin to ignore it. It's a tough situation. But if becomes commonplace it becomes less effective (kind of like car alarms that go off in the parking lot and nobody pays attention to anymore.).

GREELEY — Kayleah Wilson's former step-father said this afternoon he was "dumbfounded" by her disappearance, adding he's told Greeley Police and the FBI everything he knows about the 12-year-old to help ensure she gets back home soon.
"I'm just hoping for her safe return, wherever she is," said Jesse Wilson, the ex-husband of Kayleah's mother — April Wilson.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14802111#ixzz0jt6U9gpq

this is where the "going to california to be with bio dad" carp is coming from! From the ex step dad who HASN'T SEEN HER IN FOUR YEARS (yes, I emphasized that)... hasn't seen her in four years but thinks maybe that is where she is... (sigh)

Wilson said he has had no contact with Kayleah for the past four years, but he wasn't aware of any problems she may have had with her mother or anyone else.
He said he couldn't dismiss the idea that Kayleah may have gone to California to be with her biological father.
"He's tried to get her to come out there," Wilson said. "It could be possible."

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14802111#ixzz0jt6r8wRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members