CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all just speculation and thinking outloud-

Ok if we assume the information from the comment on the Greeleytrib.com site is true about her walking to an apartment near the Greeley mall then I can come up with the following. There are pretty much only apartments that line 28th Street. 28th is what I would call a frontage road that runs along Highway 34, except that in some parts of this area Highway 34 is elevated. There is 1 female RSO near her home, and 2 male RSO's along 28th St near apartments that are on the north side of the mall across the highway. I don't know if my first instinct would be to describe these particular apartment complexes as being near the Greeley Mall- as there is not really an easy access route TO the mall from these apartments in this area.

The mall also has several apartment buildings that run along the south side of the mall on 30th Street. THESE I would and have in the past described as being near the mall. They are often called the "mall apartments." At one time, not sure if this is still true- there was a small police precinct type area set up in this area- for the gangs & just to create a visible presence here for the kids. If she was heading to these I think she would have cut across the mall parking lot or the mall depending on how far to the west or east on 30th st she was headed.

There are a few newer apartment buildings along the east side of the mall on 17th Avenue. I think she would have cut through the mall or the mall parking lot if this is where she was headed.

Alright I have found about 3 MS for her, Just came across another "friend" male 19 years old Mood: sneaky..
This is the second Male friend I have found that is at least 18 or older I'll keep looking

Eta: Correction, There are 4 MS only one active...

The ages of friends may be accurate, but I don't think myspace offers the option to list an age under 18, since it is supposed to be an adult service.

Kayleah's page says she is 36!

[snipped]Mom did report her right away as being missing, she did the right thing as soon as she was aware, it also looks like she doesn't have a cell phone.
Maybe by this afternoon they will have more information out for her, I can't believe no one saw her get into a car or even walking down the road .....:(

If she doesn't have a cell phone, then I wonder how she was making all those mobile myspace posts.

The ages of friends may be accurate, but I don't think myspace offers the option to list an age under 18, since it is supposed to be an adult service.

Kayleah's page says she is 36!

the max age to post is 16yr old. Both my kids have had MS for a few years and like my yougest who is 13, his says he's 16

the max age to post is 16yr old. Both my kids have had MS for a few years and like my yougest who is 13, his says he's 16

Ahh, thanks. I don't have kids on myspace so wasn't sure how it worked, but I know I have seen 18 as the minimum age in searches and for various other purposes, and I also know that kids tend to lie about their age. I just always assumed it was because they weren't allowed.

I found this in myspace's FAQ:

Here are some important rules to keep in mind:

* you must be at least 13 years old to have a MySpace profile
* if you're under 16 years old, you're not allowed to list your age as over 16 and make your profile public (your profile must be set to private)
* if you're under 18, you're not allowed to list your age as over 18
* users under 18 are not able to make changes to their listed age
http://faq.myspace.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237

I guess they lie about their ages so they can have full functionality.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100331/NEWS/100339951/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Greeley police officers have been searching the areas where a Greeley girl might have been before she went missing Sunday afternoon.

Kayleah Wilson, 12, left her home Sunday afternoon to go to a friend's birthday party and never arrived. She didn't show up at the pick-up location, and she hasn't come back home since.

Numerous officers have been out this morning, searching the areas between the Wilson apartment in the 2800 block of 28th Street and U.S. 34 Bypass. They think she may have crossed the highway while walking toward the Greeley Mall.

More at link

My take on this is if they think that Kayleah crossed Highway 34, then she probably would not have been on the route on 28th Street that would have taken her past the 2 male RSO's homes.

She was likely walking towards the mall apartments on the south or east side of the Greeley Mall.

I am not sure I agree that she would have crossed over on Highway 34. It is a large highway with ditches and lots of weeds/vegetation on both sides. No sidewalks and the shoulders are not really something you would want to walk on. I see her walking up 28th Street/27th Street to the parking lots of the Auto Store/Church and cutting across them to 23rd Avenue and then walking UNDER Highway 34- not over. I wonder if they used dogs that tracked her crossing OVER the highway instead of UNDER at the bridge.

I think it is excellent that they are searching the roadway though. Praying they find something there!

Would be nice to have a couple more picture of Kayleah - she is only 12 and it took two days to report her missing? Was she supposed to stay the night at the party or did she have plans after?

Seems the investigation is very low key - especially for a 12yo. Wonder why?

Just talked to my son in Greeley he lives in apartments right across the street from the Walmart he said they came to their door with a flyer of Kayleah today. Is a lot of RSO's in Greeley looking up the ones close by. Prayer's for Kayleah and family.

When Kayleah Wilson of Greeley, Colo., didn't come home Sunday evening from a birthday party that was supposed to end by 7 p.m. her mother, April Wilson, became concerned.

She also never arrived at the party, police said.

"She's never run away before," said Wilson. "I am worried she may be in danger because none of her friends have seen her and it is like she just vanished, but that's not possible."

Wilson said her daughter left at 3:40 p.m. Sunday for the party, which was just a few blocks away"She walked over to the couch and said 'I love you' and 'I'll be home by 7' and she walked out the door and that was it," said Wilson. "She had been talking about the party. She was really looking forward to it."

Tymkowych said that since Kayleah was reported missing Sunday evening the search has taken over his police force

much more at link
http://abcnews.go.com/US/kayleah-wilson-disappears-birthday-party/story?id=10250877

We all walk everywhere, we don't even have a car," said Wilson. "It's not a bad neighborhood."

Wilson describes her daughter as "loving" and "trusting" and said that she's always been well-behaved, except for a recent incident involving an older boyfriend.According to Wilson, Kayleah had been seriously involved with a 17-year-old who was friends with her older brother, but the couple had broken up a few months ago.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kayleah-wilson-disappears-birthday-party/story?id=10250877&page=2

Hmmm...wonder if the exboyfriend had a car. Turns out, she did indeed break up with him a couple of months ago....but also recently accused a male of talking about her behind her back to all of her friends and 'stalking' her. Wonder if that was her ex...angry about their breakup. Why is a 12 year old 'seriously dating' a 17 year old? I'm sure LE is looking into him.

A 12 year old with a guy 17 = Bad news.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=135694&catid=339

WELD COUNTY - Greeley Police are stepping up their search for a missing 12-year-old girl. Kayleah Wilson vanished on Sunday while walking from her house to a friend's birthday party.

Kayleah left her house around 3:40 p.m. Sunday for the 8 to 10 block walk to her friend's house. Police say she never arrived.

She also never returned home. Her mother called police around 10 p.m. Sunday night to report her missing. Greeley Police say initially this was written up as a possible runaway. When detectives interviewed her family and other witnesses on Monday morning, they found no evidence she ran away. They can't say there was foul play, because there is no evidence of that either.

Greeley Police have already searched the area near her home and interviewed witnesses.
Sgt. Joe Tymkowych says 20 to 25 people are helping with a selective ground search and the investigation on Thursday. This is in the area of U.S. 34 bypass and between 17 and 35th Avenues.

...more at link

We're not allowed to link to the MySpace, as they are minors.

I've tried under her name, county, etc, and come up with nothing.
Can anyone give me clues of how to arrive at the site myself without violating TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee