CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to backtrack on my statement that based on evidence gathering at the house, that LE thinks a crime was commited there.

I think they collected the evidence from the apartment in case they find out later that a crime was commited there.

I have to agree w/ you from all that was said at the presser...but it still doesn't seem to me that taking carpet and paint samples this early in the case w/ no possible abduction vehicle or anything to compare them to is "routine"...? Maybe they found stains that could possibly be blood and they turned out to be taco sauce or something.

I keep getting kicked out when I look at the pics but for second I thought it was a clutch purse/pink. Again I only saw it for a second. She does look much older I agree.

Also, I deleted the RSO that has the same name as dad, dug deeper into Dads facebook and there is a pic of him after he donated his ponytail to "locks of love" I did that as well. The RSO has a star tattoo on his forehead, and blue eyes, dad looks like he has brown eyes and no tattoo. Just wanted to update that. Sorry for any confusion. My Bad! IMO

I have to agree w/ you from all that was said at the presser...but it still doesn't seem to me that taking carpet and paint samples this early in the case w/ no possible abduction vehicle or anything to compare them to is "routine"...? Maybe they found stains that could possibly be blood and they turned out to be taco sauce or something.

ITA, the truth is I'm a bit ambivalent on the evidence taking at the apt so early. I guess I'm not used to LE being so proactive. Sounds like it's protocol of the FBI Child Abduction Response Team. I keep thinking of all the missing kid cases that could have been solved if that approach had been taken.

I keep getting kicked out when I look at the pics but for second I thought it was a clutch purse/pink. Again I only saw it for a second. She does look much older I agree.

Also, I deleted the RSO that has the same name as dad, dug deeper into Dads facebook and there is a pic of him after he donated his ponytail to "locks of love" I did that as well. The RSO has a star tattoo on his forehead, and blue eyes, dad looks like he has brown eyes and no tattoo. Just wanted to update that. Sorry for any confusion. My Bad! IMO

What a nice thing for her dad to do - Locks of Love makes wigs for children with medical conditions that result in a loss of hair - including chemotherapy.

I really wish it hadn't taken 5 days to get those pictures out to the public. In the same situation my instinct would be to give LE a school or other official photo but in actuality on any given day kids are more likely to look more like they do in a casual snapshot than a school portrait.

ITA, the truth is I'm a bit ambivalent on the evidence taking at the apt so early. I guess I'm not used to LE being so proactive. Sounds like it's protocol of the FBI Child Abduction Response Team. I keep thinking of all the missing kid cases that could have been solved if that approach had been taken.

Experience with a 'missing' child case that has gone cold, as has been discussed, might prompt LE to take all possible fibers and possible evidence just in case this goes cold. Maybe they have lingering questions regarding someone in that house. I don't think mom feels optimistic about her daughter. moo

What a nice thing for her dad to do - Locks of Love makes wigs for children with medical conditions that result in a loss of hair - including chemotherapy.

I know, I've done it twice. I missed the hair but knowing that is wasn't going to be swept away made it much easier. They send you a thank you card too!

I also wanted to say in regards to the 17 yr old b/friend. There are alot of comments on the newstations about how awful this mother is to allow this etc etc. We don't know if she did allow it. She may not have known and when she found out she made Kayleah nip in the bud. I'm just trying to give the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. IMO

A Greeley girl who is a good friend of missing Kayleah Wilson said today the girl had never talked about running away or going to California to see her father.

Wilson, 12, lives in south Greeley, and left her home last Sunday afternoon to walk to a friend's birthday party. She never arrived at the party and never returned home.

Dozens of Greeley police officers and FBI agents have been working the case, interviewing and re-interviewing friends and relatives. No trace of the girl has yet been found, although that also means investigators haven't found any evidence of foul play.

Some family members have speculated that Kayleah may have run off to California to see her father.

Jessica Thompson, 12, attends a different school than Kayleah, but they attend church together at Abundant Life Fellowship. “She's a great friend,” Jessica said this morning. “She's a lot of fun to hang out with at the mall or go to movies. I was going to ask her to spend the night at my house, but then...” Jessica's voice trailed off when she spoke of her friend's disappearance.

Jessica said she found out about her missing friend early this week when a police officer came to Heath Middle School with a picture. “I asked him, ‘Is that Kayleah?'” and he said it was, and asked some questions about her.”

Kaylea's father is in California and hasn't seen his daughter for several years. Some family members speculated she may have gone to California to see him, but police have been in constant touch with the father and he denies knowing anything about the disappearance.

Kayleah apparently had a boyfriend who may be 17 years old, but Jessica Thompson said Kayleah never said anything to her about a boyfriend.

(more)
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100402/NEWS/100409908/1051&ParentProfile=1001

snipped:

Yes! I think you are correct... it looks like a small zippered purse type thing or makeup bag. In the other hand, i think the blue thing is a journal. I wonder if LE have looked for that?

(Same pic) On her right side, there is a white cord that comes down that looks like an IPOD type cord. Can't really see if it goes up to her ear, but it doesn't look like it?
Anyway, i wonder if she has an IPOD that she's never disconnected from, like so many other kids. It could be that she had that with her, as well as the inhaler?? (Someone mentioned that she could be using an IPOD touch to be updating her MS?)

she hasn't seen her father in several years either?

i just took a nap and came back to all of this new activity...wonder what prompted it or if is automatic procedure? they may take fibers now in case something is found later? still, a lot of double-talk from LE as far as what they believe may have happened...I understand to a degree but it is very confusing and you don't know what to look out for-

Gosh-she looks way older than 12...not sure anyone who sees her would think she may be a child in some sort of danger...

she hasn't seen her father in several years either?

i just took a nap and came back to all of this new activity...wonder what prompted it or if is automatic procedure? they may take fibers now in case something is found later? still, a lot of double-talk from LE as far as what they believe may have happened...I understand to a degree but it is very confusing and you don't know what to look out for-

There is only one item LE said to be on the lookout for: A RED inhaler. I don't have a picture of what they showed on video. LE told the public if anyone should see one laying in the street or elsewhere, please call immediately. moo

I saw that about the inhaler but meant as far as any possible danger to be aware of...they have not said anything particular about a car, a person, etc. have they? and what they are or are not saying about mom seeing her leave is very weird...IMO

Still trying to catch up, not sure if this was posted. I found it quite interesting:

Kayleah Wilson case: Search evokes 25-year-old dashed hopes

As days go by and the disappearance of 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson continues to be a mystery, it brings back haunting memories for the police officers involved in another child disappearance in Greeley 25 years ago.

On Dec. 20, 1984, Jonelle Matthews, a 12-year-old middle school student, disappeared from her west Greeley home. She has never been found.

The search for Jonelle became a national story. Numerous ground searches were organized to look for her, and her parents, Jim and Gloria Matthews, appeared on national television to plead for Jonelle's return. President Reagan mentioned Jonelle in his State of the Union speech.

While there is no connection to Wilson's disappearance, the ages of the girls and the mysterious circumstances remind police of what happened 25 years ago.

“There, of course, are similarities between the cases, primarily because of the ages of the girls,” said police spokesman Sgt. Joe Tymkowych. “Because of that, the case has crossed our minds in the past few days.”

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100402/NEWS/100409918/1002&parentprofile=1001

There is only one item LE said to be on the lookout for: A RED inhaler. I don't have a picture of what they showed on video. LE told the public if anyone should see one laying in the street or elsewhere, please call immediately. moo

2lxxd75.jpg

ITA with you Q! I vacillate between thinking LE is being proactive (like the early Somer Thompson garbage search) and thinking they have some reason (as of yet undisclosed) why they would be removing so much evidence from her home.

Again, thinking back to Somer Thompson's case, the burned house on Gano Avenue was searched like it could have been the crime scene... because it was one of the last places she was seen. And man did they search that place! Much like Somer's case, the last place Kayleah was seen (apartment) has been 'scoured'. With dogs not picking up a trail along her alleged walking route where the heck did she go??? Perhaps LE thinks, much like Somer's case, that where she is at now lies somewhere within that last place she was seen.

I would not be surprised at all if the answer lies somewhere very near to the apartment building beit a predator living there or someone loitering just as she walked out the door. Of course this is moo.

And just to further throw out another perspective, our forensic astrologers have seen that the perp could be an older male and had a car at his disposal. Certainly info to consider imhoo.

Again, I am totally perplexed just like you!:waitasec:

I saw that about the inhaler but meant as far as any possible danger to be aware of...they have not said anything particular about a car, a person, etc. have they? and what they are or are not saying about mom seeing her leave is very weird...IMO

You're so right! They have said nothing! :banghead:

Thank you darlingal! :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members