CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing from the presser that I can't get out of my head...

GPD said that having a confirmed stranger abduction in Greeley is very, very, very rare... IIRC, he overly-overly- emphasized that... Is he trying to tell us something???

Could be that he just doesn't want the public to panic, but.... if LE really did think they had a stranger abduction, wouldn't they say something about safety? Maybe, like, no one needs to panic, but always be watching your kids? A statement of any kind like that was conspicuously absent IMO.

One other thing from the presser that I can't get out of my head...

GPD said that having a confirmed stranger abduction in Greeley is very, very, very rare... IIRC, he overly-overly- emphasized that... Is he trying to tell us something???

Could be that he just doesn't want the public to panic, but.... if LE really did think they had a stranger abduction, wouldn't they say something about safety? Maybe, like, no one needs to panic, but always be watching your kids? A statement of any kind like that was conspicuously absent IMO.

Good point...either preparing community for the worst possible scenario (a stranger) or trying to stave off any panic before they know what's what...again, everything they are doing/saying is subject to more than one interpretation which is very frustrating...maybe they have learned from Somer's case and are acting in advance of evidence. Also, may be wanting to make up for the lost days, and not be subject to too much criticism later if things have gone badly wrong...

The most reliable research available indicates that there are only 100-130 cases of stranger abductions a year in the United States.That's a small number considering over 2,100 children go missing each and every day in the US. (missing in the sense that the parents or guardians feel the need to call the authorities)

yes it is true that most either turn up on their own or are family/other parent abductions...the cases we see in news are the really the rare ones, where a child is actually taken by a stranger and either never found, or is found dead.
Not sure how runaways are tracked since it is impossible to know what happens to them if they do not return on their own...

I don't think mom feels optimistic about her daughter. moo
I agree. She's so distraught and they're filming her at her worst, without sleep and with so much worry. She probably has a sense of how close (or not) K is to her friends, and it's still down in the 20's at night.

I don't know about the wall paint, but I can imagine where fibers could come in mighty handy later on.

I wonder if they do that with paint and carpet just to make sure that if the occupant replaces either, they have the original samples? Say, if another owner has the house down the line and they need to prove what was in the house at the time? That would be thinking really far ahead and not in a good way (i.e. if she is not found for many years) but FBI might be doing things like that.

13zoj11.jpg

The short URL for sharing/tweeting is:
http://bit.ly/FindKayleah

WOW.. She does look older than 12.. I am so glad they put these pictures out.. She looks very different than the first picture..

Kayleah looks quite grown up in the new photos.
Several posts back Yellowsub mentioned the brothers friends, I tend to agree. They need to take a hard look at them.

I would really be interested in knowing where the kids from this area go for "spring break".

The only thing stopping her if she wanted to run would be money. So did she have any, could she get ahold of any? Had she been stashing money something for weeks? Did the mother notice she wasn't spending as much as she gave her when she went to the mall?

I can't tell you how much to want this child to be hiding at somebodys house. I don't want to expect the worse.
Darn if they expect the worse why don't they search with cadaver dogs this weekend? The dogs should be able to track her by now.
Heaven really doesn't need another little angel.:furious:

I was just filling pastic eggs and boiling the real deal when some things popped into my head. ( shows you where my head is at)

1st, the mother is 4'11 so she is smaller than Kayleah, Not sure if I really mean anything by this but if family were to do something, Kayleah is bigger then the mother so she would have needed help. (FYI, i'm not going there though)and I would think with her size she could/would fight back. She's not the person we originally saw in those pics. Kayleah looks like a real teenager. With this said, I would be looking at people (friends/brothers friends/parents/RSO's) who have even a scratch on them.

2nd, she has spent alot of time at the library. Well, so do all walks of life. I would be seriously asking questions there. Someone who knows her pattern could have overheard about this party or followed her. This goes for the mall as well. ( this day and age, nobody should be alone in a mall. UGH)

Another note, I'm confused as to if she was supposed to meet a friend to walk to the party or not. I would really like to know if this is the case, did the friend see her at all and then get seperated or what? As a mother of a 12 and 9 yr old, I would allow my daughter to walk to a friends house with a friend. ( of course, it has to be in eye sight while i'm watching. I get picked on for being over protective and everytime they give me crap, I give them this website lol)

Ok, I know this is really all nothing but had to get it out there. And as always. IMO

n1457063203_190435_2066.jpg

Kayleah age 11

n1457063203_23981_3922.jpg

n1457063203_23984_4781.jpg

I have received direct permission from Mike Billy Wilson to post these photos and spread them. He said whatever it will take to help. He is VERY nice.

I agree. She's so distraught and they're filming her at her worst, without sleep and with so much worry. She probably has a sense of how close (or not) K is to her friends, and it's still down in the 20's at night.

I don't know about the wall paint, but I can imagine where fibers could come in mighty handy later on.

Maybe a wall had been recently painted - I mean like on that Sunday Kayleah went missing. That would be cause for LE to want samples from underneath. Or, maybe there was a hole in the wall that left concern. moo

A Greeley girl who is a good friend of missing Kayleah Wilson said today the girl had never talked about running away or going to California to see her father.

Wilson, 12, lives in south Greeley, and left her home last Sunday afternoon to walk to a friend's birthday party. She never arrived at the party and never returned home.

Dozens of Greeley police officers and FBI agents have been working the case, interviewing and re-interviewing friends and relatives. No trace of the girl has yet been found, although that also means investigators haven't found any evidence of foul play.

Some family members have speculated that Kayleah may have run off to California to see her father.

Jessica Thompson, 12, attends a different school than Kayleah, but they attend church together at Abundant Life Fellowship. “She's a great friend,” Jessica said this morning. “She's a lot of fun to hang out with at the mall or go to movies. I was going to ask her to spend the night at my house, but then...” Jessica's voice trailed off when she spoke of her friend's disappearance.

Jessica said she found out about her missing friend early this week when a police officer came to Heath Middle School with a picture. “I asked him, ‘Is that Kayleah?'” and he said it was, and asked some questions about her.”

Kaylea's father is in California and hasn't seen his daughter for several years. Some family members speculated she may have gone to California to see him, but police have been in constant touch with the father and he denies knowing anything about the disappearance.

Kayleah apparently had a boyfriend who may be 17 years old, but Jessica Thompson said Kayleah never said anything to her about a boyfriend.

(more)
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100402/NEWS/100409908/1051&ParentProfile=1001

I believe her mother set up the website for Kayleah as well.

n1457063203_190435_2066.jpg

Kayleah age 11

n1457063203_23981_3922.jpg

n1457063203_23984_4781.jpg

I have received direct permission from Mike Billy Wilson to post these photos and spread them. He said whatever it will take to help. He is VERY nice.
It is a very special guy who donates his hair to locks of love. I hope his daughter is found soon.
ETA I love the snowy picture! That's a great shot.

but is it true he has not seen her for years? (her father) i read that above, I thought...

but is it true he has not seen her for years? (her father) i read that above, I thought...

I remember that as well, IIRC their is a step-father that hasn't seen her. So maybe I have it mixed up.

Yes, and that can certainly happen through no fault of his own. I don't think we know whether Kayleah was born in Greeley or which parent moved away, and there are many reasons they couldn't get together.

I love those pix. The boots, my kind of kid!

Shifting into prayer mode. I want her home now. please lord.

My son just called from Greeley he was driving past the mall on his way home and said there are several cops by the mall parking lot and they had a big white trailor so maybe they are setting up a command post told him to call if he see's anymore activity. I got flyers spread around Ault today we are 10 miles N. of Greeley wish I would have had the ones with new picture but put them out early this morning. My son lives pretty close to all this so will have him check it out over the weekend and will keep you posted.

Showed the more recent pictures to my almost 15yo daughter. She guess Kayleah's age at 14yo. Just a teen point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member