CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Doc,
Friend she was to meet and walk with lived behind the mall.

Party was eight blocks away.

Eight blocks away from her house or the mall? Was Kayleah supposed to meet the girl at her house? TIA

while yes, I can see it being possible that she pilfered money from mom's purse, etc, we also must keep in mind her excitement at attending the party and also her excitement at attending Easter Sunday at the cowboy church (ie, excited about future plans with her family).

While I hope she saved up money for a bus ticket or ran away in some other capacity it just does not add up to me especially considering her age/developmental level. moo of course

Eight blocks away from her house or the mall? Was Kayleah supposed to meet the girl at her house? TIA

Kayleah Wilson has been missing for nearly a week. The 12-year-old Greeley, Colorado, girl was last seen last Sunday by her mother as she left her home to walk a few blocks to meet a friend before walking to another

friend's birthday party. That party was about eight blocks away in a residential area.
The friend's house was just a couple blocks away. Kayleah Wilson never made it to the first friend's house.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...yearold_kayleah_wilson_disappeared.html?cat=8

Nurse, I'm pulling this forward from last night - we were discussing her using the mall as a short cut to the party.

Going through the mall would not be a short cut, you would actually be going out of your way to go through the mall as it sits pretty far back off of 23rd Avenue behind and Olive Garden and a Road Kill Cafe. But cutting through the parking lot from 23rd ave to 30th st would make sense this would put her walking in front of the JCpenney parking lot and entrance. Also the main store which was a Dillards that would be on the 30th street side is closed so there would be no exit there if she did go in the mall.

Going through the mall would not be a short cut, you would actually be going out of your way to go through the mall as it sits pretty far back off of 23rd Avenue behind and Olive Garden and a Road Kill Cafe. But cutting through the parking lot from 23rd ave to 30th st would make sense this would put her walking in front of the JCpenney parking lot and entrance. Also the main store which was a Dillards that would be on the 30th street side is closed so there would be no exit there if she did go in the mall.

Thanks for that info! So she would be walking down 23rd ave.? close enough to be caught on video? Not sure where she would enter the mall, but I thought she might be exiting somewhere in the middle of the mall onto 30th. moo

he FBI said that two shoppers at the nearby Greeley mall told police they saw the girl about a half hour after her mother told police she left the house March 28.

"She wasn't carrying anything, any shopping bags or any clothes," FBI spokesman Dave Joly said of the shoppers' report.

Joly said police checked surveillance video at the mall but did not find anything that would help them.
http://cbs4denver.com/local/kayleah.wilson.missing.2.1612897.html

They gave us more!

FBI special agent-in-charge James Davis said authorities have located surveillance video that shows Kayleah outside the Greeley Mall, apparently en route to the birthday party, which was in the 1900 block of 30th Street. She appeared to be all right at that time, walking alone. The FBI did not say exactly where outside the mall she was walking, nor where she was supposed to meet a friend.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100406/NEWS/100409770/1002&parentprofile=1001

I have a real bad feeling for Kayleah. This situation reminds me of little Carlie Brucia.

Alright the fact she was seen OUTSIDE the mall walking towards the birthday party definitely makes me think something has happened to her. :(

I have a son that just turned 13 a week ago and we have an RSO that lives 2 blks away. Granted that he was 20 and his "victim" was 14 when the "crime" was committed 8yrs ago but still he's registered and lives near me. My son won't even go outside after dark alone. If he's at a friend's house and it hits dusk, he calls me to come walk him home. I have him so gun shy.

What sucks is my boyfriend doesn't really understand the "fear" i've put him him and just laughs that he's afraid of the dark......lol, I make my kids watch these stories. My son watched NG last night with me for a reason.

They gave us more!

FBI special agent-in-charge James Davis said authorities have located surveillance video that shows Kayleah outside the Greeley Mall, apparently en route to the birthday party, which was in the 1900 block of 30th Street. She appeared to be all right at that time, walking alone. The FBI did not say exactly where outside the mall she was walking, nor where she was supposed to meet a friend.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100406/NEWS/100409770/1002&parentprofile=1001

Since I'm map impaired - I can't figure out where on the mall map the 1900 block of 30th street would be. Wouldn't the exit for that be somewhere in the middle of the mall?

Thanks for that info! So she would be walking down 23rd ave.? close enough to be caught on video? Not sure where she would enter the mall, but I thought she might be exiting somewhere in the middle of the mall onto 30th. moo

23rd ave runs along the west side of the mall and 30th street runs along the south side of the mall. Obviously I don't know how far the cameras range but it would make sense to come down 23rd ave and cross the parking lot to 30th street that would be a short cut, so I would guess the cameras would have a good view of the parking lot. If the rain stops today I will go out and take some pictures to give everyone a better view of this area....hard to describe to give you a good visual....

I read back, but can't find it now.

Didn't one of the articles have a quote from another friend of hers that said Kayleah was supposed to sleep over at her house that night?

I read back, but can't find it now.

Didn't one of the articles have a quote from another friend of hers that said Kayleah was supposed to sleep over at her house that night?

paris - I haven't read that.

Now I am wondering if it is 30th street or 30th street road. 30th street is apartments. 30th Streed Road is right behind 30th street according to google and it is houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho