CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone direct me to the post that shows the map from her house via the mall to the party? TIA!!

New Fears in Kayleah Wilson Case

Information regarding the missing 12 year old Greeley Girl, Kayleah Wilson, has surfaced. In an e-mail obtained exclusively by the Greeley Gazette from a family friend, a worried Grandmother confesses, “She may be a runaway- but she is only twelve - may be pregnant or think she is & be afraid.”

Sources fear the girl may have gone to an abortion clinic and possibly died from it.

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=1849

------------

Now that I read that again, it says "a worried Grandmother", not "her worried Grandmother. Is the Greeley Gazette reputable?

There is a photo of Kayleah at that link that I hadn't seen before.

Alright the fact she was seen OUTSIDE the mall walking towards the birthday party definitely makes me think something has happened to her. :(

Me too, unfortunately :-( That plus there's really no indication that Kayleah would want to run away....took nothing with her as far as clothes etc....had plans w/ family for later....nothing has surfaced to indicate she was that unhappy w/ her family life. I SO badly want this little girl to be safe and come home to her family, but at this point it just isn't looking like it's going to turn out that way :-(

Information regarding the missing 12 year old Greeley Girl, Kayleah Wilson, has surfaced. In an e-mail obtained exclusively by the Greeley Gazette from a family friend, a worried Grandmother confesses, “She may be a runaway- but she is only twelve - may be pregnant or think she is & be afraid.”

Sources fear the girl may have gone to an abortion clinic and possibly died from it.

------------

Now that I read that again, it says "a worried Grandmother", not "her worried Grandmother. Is the Greeley Gazette reputable?

How sad is that? Poor grandma - she sounds terrified and is speculating about every terrible possibility. Hugs to you grandma!

Paris, I hope that is just all speculation on the grandma's part.

------------

I've never heard of this publication before. I don't want to say it isn't reputable, but I wouldn't hold too much stock in it quite yet. This is where her friends will come in handy, though. I just can't see her keeping something like this to herself, especially since her mom said it was a "normal, happy day".

While I think all angles should be looked into, the abortion clinic theory seems a little far-fetched IMO.

------------

Seriously? That's an awful thing to say.. How about "and now she may be afraid to come home" or "she may be hiding out until she feels better.."

• The risk of death associated with abortion increases with the length of pregnancy, from one death for every one million abortions at or before eight weeks to one per 29,000 at 16–20 weeks—and one per 11,000 at 21 or more weeks.[15]
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html

Alright the fact she was seen OUTSIDE the mall walking towards the birthday party definitely makes me think something has happened to her. :(

The only thing about this, though, is walking through the mall parking lot, she is a stones throw from the apts - *if* they were at 1900 30th st. I'm pretty sure she'd even be able to see them as she walked by the mall. Not saying it couldn't happen.

Paris, I hope that is just all speculation on the grandma's part.

BUT at that age if she thought she was pregnant, who would she tell?
Did other boys think they could have 'fun' with her?
Did BF panic and made plans to do away with her/baby?
I sincerely hope grandma is wrong, but I believe in intuition.
If you are dying at an abortion clinic (legal), wouldn't they call 911?
Could she be in a hospital with another name?
don't you have to pay?
have parents permission at that age?
have someone take you and pick you up?

in video at mall, did it look like she bought anything???

Just so sad!

The paper is calling this a "new development" when it appears to be nothing more than an opinion by one person interviewed or who had contacted the GG. I don't think it has any merit, but got front page coverage due to sensationalism. That said, of course LE has to check now...but it was a Sunday afternoon, she was 12 without false ID presumably...can a 12-yr old even attempt an abortion in CO or elsewhere? This sounds to me to be an opinion thrown out there in an effort to name all possible scenarios, but does not work here, IMO...
The GG looks like it covers regular issues...does not look like a "rag" in other words...

Although I linked it, I don't think it was Kayleah's grandmother they quoted. It said "A grandmother". I think it's speculation.

My line of thought was that she was possibly pregnant, or thought she was. Stopped at the mall for a pregnancy test and did the test at a friend's house. Didn't go to the party because she was freaked out over the results. Makes the friend promise not to tell. Something along those lines.

BUT at that age if she thought she was pregnant, who would she tell?
Did other boys think they could have 'fun' with her?
Did BF panic and made plans to do away with her/baby?
I sincerely hope grandma is wrong, but I believe in intuition.
If you are dying at an abortion clinic (legal), wouldn't they call 911?
Could she be in a hospital with another name?
don't you have to pay?
have parents permission at that age?
have someone take you and pick you up?

in video at mall, did it look like she bought anything???

Just so sad!

Some early reports said Grandma lived with them, so IF this email is true, it probably was just worried speculation on her part due to the 17 y/o bf and all those teenage boys hanging out at their house. BUT I would think if this "family friend" was close enough for Gma to feel she could confide in, they wouldn't be running to the "Greeley Gazette" with the email.

No, I don't think it's possible for her to be at the hospital - would be Northern Colorado Medical Center. There is no way she could be there for any sort of treatment without some authority - whether LE or DCF - being notified.

Authorities said the information they’ve received from the public has lead them to pursue leads outside the state, including Nebraska and California, where Wilson’s biological father lives.

Davis said there’s nothing to suggest foul play, but acknowledged authorities are growing more concerned with time.

I
think it’s pretty clear that the longer this thing goes, the more concerned we get about our ability to bring her home safely,” he said.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2...to+come+home+if+she+can++Offer++10+000+reward

Colorado Abortion Guidelines

What is required - parental consent or parental notice? Notice.

Who must be notified? Two parents, with some exceptions.

Are there other trusted adults who may be notified instead? Yes, the physician may notify a grandparent, aunt, or uncle in lieu of a parent, if the young woman is not living with her parents and is living with one of those adult relatives.

What is the process for providing notification? A young woman may not obtain an abortion until at least 48 hours after written notice has been delivered personally or by certified mail by the attending physician to one of her parents. If the parents reside together, delivery to one parent shall constitute delivery to both. If the parents do not reside together and the young woman requests that only one parent be notified, that request shall be honored. If notice is sent by certified mail, the 48-hour period begins to run at noon on the next day on which regular mail delivery takes place. Whenever the parents are separately served notice, the 48-hour period begins upon delivery of the first notice.
Many more guidelines at the link.. it is a pro choice site, but it still gives all the information on who needs to be notified in the state of CO

just think if she had a cell phone...in this case, it would tell us and LE so much...what a shame that she turns out to be one of the 12-yr olds without one...
Le would have pings, call logs for evidence, a timeline, etc...
it really does make a difference as Mark Klaas said

Authorities said the information they’ve received from the public has lead them to pursue leads outside the state, including Nebraska and California, where Wilson’s biological father lives.

I don't know, though. If she was that close to the party . . . .

I mean, if she chose to run off - whether to another state or just with a friend - WHY would she have gotten that close to the party? Where LE is saying they have her on video, seems to me she was intending on going to the party.

For those that live in the area or are familiar with it, is this correct?

They said she was headed to a party 8 blocks from her house just behind the mall correct?

They said she was supposed to meet up with a friend 2 blocks from her house to walk to the party the other 6 blocks (to behind the mall).

So, if she made it to the mall then she passed the friend that she was supposed to walk with. Why?

Again, just because she was headed that direction does not mean she was headed to the party. It's not like she was on some back country dirt road that only had one house at the end where the party was when she disappeared and therefore you could pretty much guarantee that's where she was going.

What worries me is that she may have been talking to people online who were much older than her (older than 18) and they may have made promises to her. Far more dangerous than a runaway situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases