CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also noticed that all of Mom's posts on MS are done via "mobile" AND she changes her mood face each time which means she is doing it on some sort of smart device, not with just basic text. Perhaps it's the same device Kayleah was using?

Well for some odd reason I am thinking she is a runaway........if so I wish her well.

And I mean a runaway in that she had/has contacts who promise her asylum...but then again-what do I know?

Here's the thing....I have a daughter who is out there-drugs, crazed life etc. No matter what her dad and I tell her-she says 'you don't care'. We have been through hell and high water for her. She cannot absorb how much we love her because she is so far gone on drugs. But in K's case-it is different. K, I feel, is being very influenced by outside forces....but I trust LE to get to that. And when you really think about it.....it will take some time on LE's part to sort it out. I have a good feeling she is okay somewhere.

What is in Kayleah's life that would cause her to runaway? She is said to be quite a normal 12yo. Not a single reason has been given as to why she would runaway - not a single reason as to why her life at home was unbearable and leaving would be the only option. She is only 12yo and 12yo don't stay away for 13 nights willfully. moo mho

I think the worry that starry has may refer to her having been in foster care...not knowing why conjures up all kinds of dark things...although i guess it could be as simple as if mom had to be treated for an illness in hospital or something? or had lost her income and could not afford her keep her? just guessing here...

i don't think she ran away per se...I think she may have accepted a chance for an adnveture that day that turned on her or went bad...

Here's the thing....I have a daughter who is out there-drugs, crazed life etc. No matter what her dad and I tell her-she says 'you don't care'. We have been through hell and high water for her. She cannot absorb how much we love her because she is so far gone on drugs. But in K's case-it is different. K, I feel, is being very influenced by outside forces....but I trust LE to get to that. And when you really think about it.....it will take some time on LE's part to sort it out. I have a good feeling she is okay somewhere.

I hope you're right. But I ran away from home at 16 and could only make it 3 days before needing to call home. And I was pretty "out there". But, for better or for worse, this little girl needs to come home NOW!

What is in Kayleah's life that would cause her to runaway? She is said to be quite a normal 12yo. Not a single reason has been given as to why she would runaway - not a single reason as to why her life at home was unbearable and leaving would be the only option. She is only 12yo and 12yo don't stay away for 13 nights willfully. moo mho

The only reason that makes sense, so far, that would cause her to run away would be if her mom was instrumental in the breakup b/w her and the 17 year old. Now, a 12 year old is thinking, "Mom made me end this relationship that really meant something to me, therefore, she must not care about me/understand me/want me to be happy." AND, if that IS the reason, then suddenly you have her in league with much older kids who would have the means and brain power to help her.

And all it takes is for her to start outlining some "abuse" or something else untoward taking place in her home life to possibly get adult help as well. If just one adult is helping her (for whatever reason) she could stay hiding out for a very long time before being found.

Add one more thing: I hate to say this, but the Chelsea King case (for example) felt urgent. If CK had been a runaway hiding out, I see an adult getting concerned and turning her in. However, there has been (from the beginning) a lack of urgency to this case that I have not understood. Whatever the reason for that is, if she's getting help from someone who honestly believes she is being abused or mistreated, I could see them thinking to just wait until some of the hype dies down and not worrying as much about the fallout. MOO

The only reason that makes sense, so far, that would cause her to run away would be if her mom was instrumental in the breakup b/w her and the 17 year old. Now, a 12 year old is thinking, "Mom made me end this relationship that really meant something to me, therefore, she must not care about me/understand me/want me to be happy." AND, if that IS the reason, then suddenly you have her in league with much older kids who would have the means and brain power to help her.

And all it takes is for her to start outlining some "abuse" or something else untoward taking place in her home life to possibly get adult help as well. If just one adult is helping her (for whatever reason) she could stay hiding out for a very long time before being found.

Add one more thing: I hate to say this, but the Chelsea King case (for example) felt urgent. If CK had been a runaway hiding out, I see an adult getting concerned and turning her in. However, there has been (from the beginning) a lack of urgency to this case that I have not understood. Whatever the reason for that is, if she's getting help from someone who honestly believes she is being abused or mistreated, I could see them thinking to just wait until some of the hype dies down and not worrying as much about the fallout. MOO

Wasn't the breakup with her boyfriend over two months ago? So, why do you think she would run away now? Today is 14 days missing - if Kayleah is being harbored by an adult, that person will be charged with kidnapping, obstruction of an investigation, etc., and a host of other charges. In my opinion, people must stop talking about her being a runaway - her stepfather did that the first 3 days and severely hindered the search for Kayleah. moo

Wasn't the breakup with her boyfriend over two months ago? So, why do you think she would run away now? Today is 14 days missing - if Kayleah is being harbored by an adult, that person will be charged with kidnapping, obstruction of an investigation, etc., and a host of other charges. In my opinion, people must stop talking about her being a runaway - her stepfather did that the first 3 days and severely hindered the search for Kayleah. moo

Yes, mom found out about it and broke it up two months ago. If that was going to cause her to run away, I think that would have happened a long time ago. Didn't LE interview and clear the boy too?

Whether or not she initially ran away (and personally I don't think she did) I think she's been abducted, or she'd be home by now. She's only 12. I am in great fear for her.

Yes, mom found out about it and broke it up two months ago. If that was going to cause her to run away, I think that would have happened a long time ago. Didn't LE interview and clear the boy too?

Whether or not she initially ran away (and personally I don't think she did) I think she's been abducted, or she'd be home by now. She's only 12. I am in great fear for her.

According to the March 13th MS quotes and maybe I have missed this in a previous post, but is there a younger child in the house other than Kayleah? Or did Kayleah just turn 12? Hoping for some good news today!

Keep in mind, when LE spoke about Kayleah possibly being a runaway, they made it sound as though they knew something, not just that they were responding to her step-father's remarks, for instance. They spoke to her thru the press conference last week in a way that made many of us feel hopeful. So LE really has reinforced the idea that she could have left on her own. In fact LE has left room for doubt or belief in almost any theory, yet has never indicated that this seems to be a stranger abduction...

Keep in mind, when LE spoke about Kayleah possibly being a runaway, they made it sound as though they knew something, not just that they were responding to her step-father's remarks, for instance. They spoke to her thru the press conference last week in a way that made many of us feel hopeful. So LE really has reinforced the idea that she could have left on her own. In fact LE has left room for doubt or belief in almost any theory, yet has never indicated that this seems to be a stranger abduction...

So true! LE have alternated between asking the public to look for a dead body and, at the same time, ask that her dad in California stay home in case Kayleah should suddendly appear there.

Mixed messages for sure! As for me, I haven't seen or heard any information leading me to believe she is a runaway. moo

The most recent reports including yesterday's and this one from 2 hours ago are that LE simply doesn't know if Kayleah ran away or was abducted. They seem to me currently not to be leaning more towards one or the other.

Police are still saying they do not know if Kayleah was abducted or ran away.

Texas group begins search today for missing girl
Adam Chodak Aristea Brady 2 hrs ago

The Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children from Friendswood, Texas will be leading the volunteer search from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=136511&catid=339

a lack of urgency to this case that I have not understood. Whatever the reason for that is, if she's getting help from someone who honestly believes she is being abused or mistreated, I could see them thinking to just wait until some of the hype dies down and not worrying as much about the fallout. MOO

~ Respectfully snipped ~

This is what I haven't understood either. There has never been a plea for her return, not even from family. And, even more confusing, is the fact she has Asthma and nobody has ever been concerned with that. This is a medical condition that could kill her if not treated. Wouldn't they want to get his info out there to the kidnapper? I would think even if they thought she ran off with someone, they'd want that person to know as well. It makes me wonder if they think she's safe somewhere.

Wonderful people helping out. I hope they find her. 2 long days of searching this weekend.....will be praying for them all.

So grateful that the Laura Recovery Center (LRC) is in town. Welcome - :blowkiss: They do many great things for the missing.

Organize a center from which searches, information, and media are addressed.

Give support to family, loved ones, and those who care. Seems to me, mom would benefit from that!

The LRC will train locals how to organize searches - and train those who who want to be involved with the search. Make sure water and food are available for the searchers.

LRC was involved with missing Lindsey Baum. The locals were trained to search and continued to search after LRC left the area. The locals in McCleary can't say enough great things about LRC - and they are wonderful at keeping us sleuthers informed. All just my opinions

Best of luck to everyone involved in the searches this weekend - I think searchers are very brave people who don't mind getting involved. Thanks to all of you! :blowkiss:

Mission Statement: The LAURA RECOVERY CENTER exists to prevent abductions and runaways and to recover missing children by fostering a Triangle of Trust among law enforcement, community and a missing child's family.

In loving memory of Laura Kate Smither
If Your Child is Missing ...
1. Don't Wait
2. Call 911
3. Call LRC at 866-898-5723

http://www.lrcf.org/search

Mission Statement: The LAURA RECOVERY CENTER exists to prevent abductions and runaways and to recover missing children by fostering a Triangle of Trust among law enforcement, community and a missing child's family.

In loving memory of Laura Kate Smither
If Your Child is Missing ...
1. Don't Wait
2. Call 911
3. Call LRC at 866-898-5723

http://www.lrcf.org/search

Your wonderful post brings a tear to my eye....and a ton of HOPE.

If Laura Recovery uses scanners for the search, or if LE is working with them, and we can get the scanner URLs online, then we can set up a thread in the scanner forum and follow the search there.

Thanks,
BeanE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members