CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe if this was gang related, her body would have been found by now. The same way that "murdering elevates status," so does having that murder "out there" as a warning to others and a badge of honor so to speak for the gang. I think it might have taken a day or two, but I think her body would have been found fairly quickly.

This is not to say that I think she's gone from us -- although I'm leaning in that direction at this point -- I'm merely suggesting that if a gang had killed her, I don't think it would be this difficult to find her. Gangs are usually only too happy to take "credit" for their "handiwork." MOO

Although we do have gang activity here in Greeley it is not like you have to walk around in fear for your life...I don't know why you would stop shopping here...doesn't make sense. I am a petite pregnant women and have no fear what so ever going anywhere in Greeley including the most infested gang areas which are primarily the northeast area of the city. I even frequent alot of the Mexican stores because you can get alot of good ingredients for cooking there and they could care less that I am whiter than white and don't speak a lick of Spanish. Our city is not violent and the LE around here keep a good handle on things. I have no problem leaving my doors unlocked at times and don't feel unsafe. I just don't want people getting the wrong picture about our community. Although the gangs are here and serious they are not the wanna-bes they are the real deal, but they don't bother you and usually any activity is between rival gangs and don't involve innocent by-standers. Even more rare than an abduction around here would be anything like this being gang related. JMO and if it turns out I am wrong I will be the first to say it....

Good morning,
I printed this from the link, it says Greeley is one of the main places for gangs. They traffick in Humans and this could be what happened to Kayleah. She could now be in Mexico or futher.

That's what authorities say was happening in Greeley, the site of one of the largest federal drug busts last year. The Drug Enforcement Agency indicted 21 people and seized guns, $59,000 in cash, 1.1 kilograms of cocaine and more than 45 pounds of high-quality "ice" methamphetamine - a quantity described by DEA Special Agent in Charge Jeffrey D. Sweetin as "monstrous."

With a population of about 88,000, Greeley is home to an estimated 500 gang members, Weld County District Attorney Ken Buck said. Most are Hispanic and are heavily influenced by associations with California gangsters, he said.

"The Denver gang members and Greeley gang members interact, but when someone from California comes here, it's like Elvis has come to town," Buck said.

Witnesses on Internet

Colorado is prime real estate, in large part, because of interstates 25 and 70 - major routes for trafficking guns, drugs and humans. Gangs are also drawn to the growing population and a higher-than-average percent of high school dropouts - a key demographic for potential gang members, Eid said.

I printed this from the link, it says Greeley is one of the main places for gangs. They traffick in Humans and this could be what happened to Kayleah. She could now be in Mexico or futher.

Good morning,

That's what authorities say was happening in Greeley, the site of one of the largest federal drug busts last year. The Drug Enforcement Agency indicted 21 people and seized guns, $59,000 in cash, 1.1 kilograms of cocaine and more than 45 pounds of high-quality "ice" methamphetamine - a quantity described by DEA Special Agent in Charge Jeffrey D. Sweetin as "monstrous."

With a population of about 88,000, Greeley is home to an estimated 500 gang members, Weld County District Attorney Ken Buck said. Most are Hispanic and are heavily influenced by associations with California gangsters, he said.

"The Denver gang members and Greeley gang members interact, but when someone from California comes here, it's like Elvis has come to town," Buck said.

Witnesses on Internet

Colorado is prime real estate, in large part, because of interstates 25 and 70 - major routes for trafficking guns, drugs and humans. Gangs are also drawn to the growing population and a higher-than-average percent of high school dropouts - a key demographic for potential gang members, Eid said.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20061026/NEWS/110260165

Link to the actual article about the bust that happened in 2006 ..and no human trafficking... We do have trouble with human smuggling, big difference, coyotes bring large van loads of illegals here from Mexico for work...we now have an ICE office to crack down on this happening. Also the largest empoyer of illegals here in Greeley has since changed hands and now only employes people who are either legal or have valid work permits. This has made a huge difference.

While researching what gangs resided in Greeley and what thier activities may be , I posted that link from the 2007 Rocky Mountain News initially for this statement.

“With a population of about 88,000, Greeley is home to an estimated 500 gang members, Weld County District Attorney Ken Buck said. Most are Hispanic and are heavily influenced by associations with California gangsters, he said.”

Greeley is a wonderful community with amazing people! Just thinking out loud here, exploring different avenues which have not been yet covered, especially since LE has nothing new. Kayleah just didn't vanish into thin air. All reasonable possibilities need to be looked at. (moo)

While I agree that anything is possible, I doubt she would have been abducted or killed by a gang unless she was involved in a gang in some way: and there has been NO indication whatsoever that she was. If this was, in fact, a crime, it was a crime of opportunity, where someone saw her alone and took action. Gangs (to my limited knowledge) don't see someone they don't know and abduct and kill them. Even killings of innocent people who have invaded a gang territory would not fit this, as she's not known to have been anywhere other than the mall and the walk toward the party. I would be shocked to find out this was gang related.

And I stand by my original statement...gangs don't "hide" bodies. They want the killing known. If she'd been gunned down in the street, that would smack of a gang hit; going on two weeks missing? I doubt it highly.

While I agree that anything is possible, I doubt she would have been abducted or killed by a gang unless she was involved in a gang in some way: and there has been NO indication whatsoever that she was. If this was, in fact, a crime, it was a crime of opportunity, where someone saw her alone and took action.

Great point and very well said.

They are different true, but they are often misquoted even by the media.

Here are the definitions per ICE
Trafficking vs. Smuggling

Trafficking vs. Smuggling: What’s the Difference?

“Human trafficking” are distinct criminal activities, and the terms are not interchangeable. Human trafficking centers on exploitation and is generally defined as:

Sex trafficking in which a commercial sex act is induced by force, fraud or coercion, or in which the person induced to perform such act has not attained 18 years of age; or
Recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud or coercion for the purpose of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage or slavery.
Human smuggling centers on transportation and is generally defined as:

Importation of people into the United States involving deliberate evasion of immigration laws. This offense includes bringing illegal aliens into the country, as well as the unlawful transportation and harboring of aliens already in the United States

I am sorry about the gang statements do not want to offend anyone. I don't think this is gang related but am looking at anything and everything because we have nothing to go on !!

This is just MOO--
We are all feeling anxious wanting to know what has happened to Kayleah. I just encourage everyone to remember that we are angry at whoever is responsible for keeping her away from home (or helping her hide without telling anyone, if that's the case).... Let's be extra kind to each other... I would hate for someone not to post an idea that could break this! (Or, perhaps an idea that leads to an idea, that leads to an idea.... KWIM?)

I appreciate the great ideas generated here at WS! Thinking outside of the box is the way things get solved, right?

Thank you to EVERYONE on here who cares about kids, the missing, and the unidentified!!
Again, just MOO! Thanks for listening.

Thank you Annie, I agree I have been frustrated at no info. coming out and sorry sometimes I vent that frustration in a wrong way. I know we all just want to bring this dear girl home and thank you all for your input and sharing your feelings and giving such useful suggestions, they help me persue directions I would have never thought of so THANKS to all you wonderful sleuther's doing everything you can to find the lost and missing,you do a wonderful job and if anyone I knew went missing you would be top on my list. I read more then post because I intercede in prayer for the missing more then sleuthing and you have been a great resource to my prayer ministry.

Kayleah now missing for 17 straight nights!

Let's bring her home before night 18 comes our way!

I am sorry about the gang statements do not want to offend anyone. I don't think this is gang related but am looking at anything and everything because we have nothing to go on !!

Absolutely, Roni :) Hey, it's how problems get solved, by everyone putting in their two cents and figuring out what could have happened.

Just an fyi: I was in no way offended...just adding to the conversation. The more opinions, the better; and I didn't think yours was offensive in any way :)

Is there any way to check a crime database in Greeley? I mean, does the Police Department do that like some other cities do? For instance, in my city I can check 6 days worth of crime at a time by zip code or type of crime and one can keep tabs on the most recent activity. Ours is 3 days out. So I would put the dates as 4/04/2010 to 04/10/2010 amd put in my zip and every crime in my zip code would appear. The online database goes back a yearat least I think.

I want Kayleah to be in the news...and for LE to talk more about this case...it is so frustrating...a little over a week ago, we thought they must know something by what they said and now...nothing...

What happened to the POI's that LE had talked about?

Sexual predators are very cagey...takes time to get them. Keep praying.

bumping for kayleah.....i hope we hear some news today :praying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member