CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
25uljll.jpg

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO - 12 yr old Kayleah Wilson missing, Greeley #2

Let today be the day Kayleah is found.

I just saw in the greeley paper online that the fbi is scaling back their investigation. NICE. Nurse is pi$$ed by the way (and have been since they quit putting her face out in the public)

I just do not understand why there has been nothing new at all released and why they are not keeping her face out there. Hopefully we will hear something today. I know they are planning another large search this weekend but if they would keep it in the media I think we would have a much better turnout. Am praying for many to join together in prayer and searching it is time for Kayleah to be found and brought home she is 12 years old for goodness sake!

FBI Scales Back Search

After more than two weeks of not finding leads or clues to where Kayleah Wilson has gone, the FBI on Tuesday cut back the number of agents working the case in Greeley.

Kayleah, 12, disappeared March 28 after she left her south Greeley home to meet a friend for a birthday party. She never met up with the friend or made it to the party. The case has gained national attention, and tips — more than 300 — have been flowing in to the Greeley police and FBI hot lines.

Despite the FBI cutting back on the case, the family is still strong in its hopes for the missing girl.

“We're still in touch with the investigators,” said Kayleah's mother, April Wilson. “We still have hope out there that she's alive and will be home, and we're still looking for anyone who wants to help.”

FBI spokesman Dave Joly said Tuesday the FBI has closed the command post they'd set up two weeks ago with the Greeley police. “But we're keeping the post set up in case we need it. The command post is in the Greeley police station, which is also connected to the FBI hotline.

“We've cut back on the number of agents working the case,” Joly said, “but they can be back up here immediately if something breaks.”

He said they've found no evidence to support the rumors that Kayleah ran away or was abducted. The police and FBI have been fielding hundreds of theories and tips about the case since they offered a $10,000 reward for information that would lead to her return.

Among the tips that have not been proven:

» Kayleah ran off with someone she met on the Internet, or with a boyfriend. Investigators haven't found any evidence of that.

» That she was taken by a sexual predator in Greeley; again, no evidence, and police have contacted all the sexual predators and sexual offenders in the area.

» Psychic tips also have been received by the investigators and the media. One man who used a pendulum over a map said he traced Kayleah to Iowa, then to South Dakota, and finally said she is near Lake Preston near Brookings, S.D. Another psychic said Kayleah was neither abducted nor ran away “but something in between.” Another psychic said the girl would return home on her own last weekend — a prediction that didn't come true.

Despite the cutbacks in the investigation, volunteer searches will not give up. Michelle Thompson of Greeley, who started a Facebook connection for Kayleah, also has organized more searches.

“We've started the Kayleah Wilson Recovery Center,” Thompson said, “and we'll have weekend searches. We're not quitting.”

This Saturday and Sunday, volunteer searchers can report to the Journey Christian Church, 23rd Avenue and 27th Street in Greeley, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.

Snipped from http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100414/NEWS/100419840/1051&ParentProfile=1001

I just thought of a question that has been nagging me. Have they polygraphed family and friends. Like the boyfriend.

Officials plan to release a new update on the Kayleah Wilson case Thursday afternoon.

The 12-year-old girl from Greeley was last seen by her mother March 28 as she left their home across the highway from the mall. She said she was walking to a birthday party south of the shopping center and never showed up.

The case has gained national attention, and tips — more than 300 — have been flowing in to the Greeley police and FBI hot lines. This week, the FBI closed the command post they'd set up two weeks ago with the Greeley police. “But we're keeping the post set up in case we need it. The command post is in the Greeley police station, which is also connected to the FBI hotline, said FBI spokesman Dave Joly on Tuesday. "We've cut back on the number of agents working the case, but they can be back up here immediately if something breaks.”

Thursday's press conference is scheduled for 2 p.m. at the Greeley Police Department headquarters, 2875 10th St. in Greeley.

COMMUNITY SEARCHES
Despite the cutbacks in the investigation, volunteer searches will not give up. Michelle Thompson of Greeley, who started a Facebook connection for Kayleah, also has organized more searches.

“We've started the Kayleah Wilson Recovery Center,” Thompson said, “and we'll have weekend searches. We're not quitting.”

"He said they've found no evidence to support the rumors that Kayleah ran away or was abducted."

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100414/NEWS/100419840/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Way to go genius. Can you think of any other scenarios??

I can think of a lot of scenarios. They say they have found no evidence to support the rumors that Kayleah ran a way or was abducted. Well she is not home so where is she? If you don't run away and are not abducted what does that leave? I think attacking anyone for their thoughts or opinion on the board is wrong. This is the second time I have felt attacked. I try to be very polite when I post on this board. There is a little girl missing we should be focusing on her.

I can think of a lot of scenarios. They say they have found no evidence to support the rumors that Kayleah ran a way or was abducted. Well she is not home so where is she? If you don't run away and are not abducted what does that leave? I think attacking anyone for their thoughts or opinion on the board is wrong. This is the second time I have felt attacked. I try to be very polite when I post on this board. There is a little girl missing we should be focusing on her.

The comment was likely to the author of the article that was linked in the post, not you. You weren't quoted, the post just happened to fall directly under yours.

i don't think anyone was attacking the poster...maybe the reporter? what other scenarios are there, besides runaway and abduction? (unless something happened at her home, but we are told there is video of her where she was meant to be...)

I hope the press conference is not just to announce that they scaled back FBI involvement for now, which was in paper yesterday...and that they are awaiting new leads :(

I am sorry if I jumped to the wrong conclusion. I really don't have a very thick skin and I am not use to posting my opinions on boards in the fear of sounding silly. Thank you for clearing this up for me. (Smile)

Kayleah missing is so frustrating. I am just having a hard time believing she left on her own accord. Have we checked all the absconded SO's to see if any had ties to that area? We always have to keep Duncan in mind, the monster of all monsters.

lilcatt everyone here is very civil, unlike many other boards and foums out there...no one will ever jump on you in a rude way, that i can promise, or if they do they will be quickly reported...
glad u r here

I hope the press conference is not just to announce that they scaled back FBI involvement for now, which was in paper yesterday...and that they are awaiting new leads:(

You and me both! Hoping for some news! Praying for Good News!!
I did email the gal from the facebook page regarding getting flyers to the oil companies in the are. Offered to run flyers there myself. Those guys check and maintain thier wells daily (the ones already drilled) and on private and public properties and if they all knew what to look for, they really could cover alot of ground. Still waiting on hearing back from her.

I just logged on, when is the PC supposed to happen?

The presser is tomorrow.
Thursday's press conference is scheduled for 2 p.m. at the Greeley Police Department headquarters, 2875 10th St. in Greeley.

Snipped from
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100414/NEWS/100419824/1051&ParentProfile=1001

I wish people were searching in the mountains, too. Rist Canyon, Horsetooth, Carter Lake, Red Feather Lakes, etc. FWIW, I don't think for a minute that this poor girl ran away. If they have no proof she ran away, they should be treating this as an abduction, IMO. Kids can't keep secrets THAT well. Plus, there's the reward, too. Some people would rat out their mothers for that kind of money. I really think LE has dropped the ball on this.

The presser is tomorrow.

Snipped from
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100414/NEWS/100419824/1051&ParentProfile=1001

I wish people were searching in the mountains, too. Rist Canyon, Horsetooth, Carter Lake, Red Feather Lakes, etc. FWIW, I don't think for a minute that this poor girl ran away. If they have no proof she ran away, they should be treating this as an abduction, IMO. Kids can't keep secrets THAT well. Plus, there's the reward, too. Some people would rat out their mothers for that kind of money. I really think LE has dropped the ball on this.

There was so much at the beginning and now nothing. I agree I do not think that age group could keep a secret this long. I think she has been abducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee