CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too would have liked LE to release the video, not for my sake, but for the sake of locals who were in the area on that day.
I have a feeling this will turn out to be linked to someone Kayleah knew, if this is her body. I think that in the case of a stranger abduction/murder, the victim is usually taken out of the area and found far from home more often than not. At the very least, someone who is local to Greeley.

This is so sad. I was also hoping she would be found alive.

Im sure LE knows if its Kayleah or not just by the clothing, shoes.

I am wondering if her little red inhaler could possibly still be in her pocket....or if moving around in the water, floating etc, would have dislodged it....but they would know it was likely her if it happened to still be there...

I know it's very close to her home but it's completely in the opposite direction of the mall - her last known location. I mapped it out and vantage believe the way this happened. I realize that I'm being too hopeful, but this kills me. They searched, they said she was spotted by the mall. I realize, too, that ditches and water mean movement. If this turns out to be Kayleah (and now I know I'm pressing charges against the man who assaulted my son this weekend), I think those surveillance videos need to be reviewed and released, because that's where someone got her. I will also go ballistic if there isn't an investigation into how she might have moved via rain water through a ditch to where the body was ultimately found. I am also going to be absolutely livid every time I think about the talk of her being a runaway and see that same mistake made time and time again.

Actually....one of the early articles this morning states that the drainage runs underground from 35th street on to something like 47th (IIRC)....so it enters into some sort of a more "man-made" system after that point. It appears to then run UNDER the parking lots, etc to the further west from that point. That makes it seem as if the water must be moving east to west, so that those parking lots would then most likely have gutters of some kind to drain into the system as it passes under them.

jmoo

Thank you for that, I missed that in the earlier article. This makes sense now (living in farm country, I'm familiar w/the ditches that irrigate fields) :) but it does look like this is used for underground drainage. This is what I was wondering, if it ran east to west then a body could have come from the direction of the mall.

This just is so heartbreaking! Was so hoping and praying for Kayleah to come home safe...:(

I too would have liked LE to release the video, not for my sake, but for the sake of locals who were in the area on that day.
I have a feeling this will turn out to be linked to someone Kayleah knew, if this is her body. I think that in the case of a stranger abduction/murder, the victim is usually taken out of the area and found far from home more often than not. At the very least, someone who is local to Greeley.

Absolutely!! As I have said before, even on a Sunday there are lots of people in that area...someone knows something out there and may need a little help to jog a memory.

While I never thought Kayleah was a runaway after a few days had passed, her family did indicate that she could have run away. It was not simply a case of LE deciding upon that as simplest option, as in many other cases. They took what they were given to work with and even with that info, called in the FBI. I am not faulting LE too harshly in this, personally. I do wish they had made the video public as soon as the located it, though, and never will understand why they did not.

So shocked to read the news this morning. It most likely is Kayleah.

If it is her, I am glad her family will have some measure of peace.
But then there is finding out what happened,
and most likely, who was it that harmed her?

Not sure I agree cluciano - tossing a body any old place, and so close to home, smacks of being a child predator. I know we looked at SO in the area but never came up with anything because the info we had from LE was so sparse.moo

O/T - Phuong Le's funeral service is being streamed live for anyone who wants to watch, maybe in another window:
http://www.news10.net/news/liveonline/default-on.aspx?menuid=181

I am wondering if her little red inhaler could possibly still be in her pocket....or if moving around in the water, floating etc, would have dislodged it....but they would know it was likely her if it happened to still be there...

Heres her clothing she was last seen in..

Kayleah Wilson, 12, is described as 5-foot-1, 145 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a white and pink shirt over a white tank top, blue jeans and white and red shoes.

While I never thought Kayleah was a runaway after a few days had passed, her family did indicate that she could have run away. It was not simply a case of LE deciding upon that as simplest option, as in many other cases. They took what they were given to work with and even with that info, called in the FBI. I am not faulting LE too harshly in this, personally. I do wish they had made the video public as soon as the located it, though, and never will understand why they did not.

I'm not as kind as you!!! I think this case was an atrocity in the way it was handled - and to call a 12yo a run-a-way - well I just don't have enough words for that. I developed my signature line from this Kayleah case. I feel furious with LE. and my heart goes out to her loved ones and family during this wait for identification. moo

If this turns out to be Kayleah - I'm going to scream and pull my hair out the next time I hear a child called a run-a-way!!!! This is the 53rd day Kayleah has been missing. moo

You and me both.

I am not sure what LE was supposed to do that they did not do...but that is an argument for another time...I don't know of too many cases when LE handles these situations in a way that is above reproach. But the FBI is not called to come in and help all that often either, as far as I know, unless child is much younger.

The reason I think it would be more likely that Kayleah knew the perp is that she is not a small child who can be scooped up, like little Somer or some of the other victims...she would be of close to an equal size of many perps...but perhaps ME can tell whether she was in an altercation...I guess we will have to wait, if indeed this Kayleah. So sorry for her family and friends, if this is Kayleah's body.

QUOTE Greeley Police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said the discovery was made at about 6 a.m. near 35th Avenue and the U.S. 34 Bypass by a worker who was inspecting an irrigation ditch. The area saw heavy rains and hail Tuesday night, and authorities believe the heavy water may have dislodged the body from its initial location

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23606902/detail.html

snipped from the article above

well-placed, high-ranking law enforcement source told CALL7 Investigators that based on current information the FBI believes it is the body of Kayleah Wilson but cannot definitively confirm until it compares dental records.

Thank you for that, I missed that in the earlier article. This makes sense now (living in farm country, I'm familiar w/the ditches that irrigate fields) :) but it does look like this is used for underground drainage. This is what I was wondering, if it ran east to west then a body could have come from the direction of the mall.

This just is so heartbreaking! Was so hoping and praying for Kayleah to come home safe...:(

I am not sure what LE was supposed to do that they did not do...but that is an argument for another time...I don't know of too many cases when LE handles these situations in a way that is above reproach. But the FBI is not called to come in and help all that often either, as far as I know, unless child is much younger.

The reason I think it would be more likely that Kayleah knew the perp is that she is not a small child who can be scooped up, like little Somer or some of the other victims...she would be of close to an equal size of many perps...but perhaps ME can tell whether she was in an altercation...I guess we will have to wait, if indeed this Kayleah. So sorry for her family and friends, if this is Kayleah's body.

She can be forced into a car though, much like Amber was.

Apparently the area that is blocked off and has helicopters is right in town. In a ditch. I am sadder than sad...

Somewhere on this thread I have a list of about 18 things LE could have done. One of the things is that Pat Brown on NG could have refrained from calling Kaylaeh 'fat' and attributing that to the idea she wouldn't be abducted. And even if this isn't Kayleah, the list of 18 would have been of value in this case regardless. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt