CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presser at 2pm.
Oh, Kayleah. We wanted anything but this for you.
My prayers are with her family and friends.

Eyes for Crime, you may be right...and I don't want to debate the issue here. I do wish Kayleah had been found sooner, as I believe she probably has been there all along and was placed there very shortly after being last seen on the day she went missing. I do recall Pat Brown's less than tactful words, but took them to mean that Kayleah was closer to adult-sized than child-sized, which is a fact. This does not mean she could not be overpowerd and abducted, as full-sized women sometimes are; PB just was not seeing Kayleah as the typical victim by a pedophile-but there are plenty of other kinds of fatally dangerous people out there, sadly.

Sadly, the outcome of this incident was probably already complete long before KW was ever reported to be missing. While LE may have done some things differently in hindsight, they most assuredly were doing what they believed would be the best. Assuming that she could be a run away kept people aware and looking. If they had assumed only an abduction, then they KNOW immediately that the outcome would most likely be what it now seems to be. Assuming a possible run away, also assumes that the child is alive and can be found. It is, of course, a no win situation for LE in most cases, there is so rarely a good outcome these days.

jmoo

Eyes for Crime, you may be right...and I don't want to debate the issue here. I do wish Kayleah had been found sooner, as I believe she probably has been there all along and was placed there very shortly after being last seen on the day she went missing. I do recall Pat Brown's less than tactful words, but took them to mean that Kayleah was closer to adult-sized than child-sized, which is a fact. This does not mean she could not be overpowerd and abducted, as full-sized women sometimes are; PB just was not seeing Kayleah as the typical victim by a pedophile-but there are plenty of other kinds of fatally dangerous people out there, sadly.

just something to compare to.....my son is 13, 4ft 8in, and only 90lbs.....my 17year old daughter is 5ft tall & 130lbs..........actually kayleah is the same size of me.......just fyi

I have been praying and searching so hard for this precious one I am so broken right now but so thankful they found her. Prayer's to April and family may the Lord hold you in His comforting arms, I am so sorry you have to endure this sorrow and pain.

Somewhere on this thread I have a list of about 18 things LE could have done. One of the things is that Pat Brown on NG could have refrained from calling Kaylaeh 'fat' and attributing that to the idea she wouldn't be abducted. And even if this isn't Kayleah, the list of 18 would have been of value in this case regardless. moo

I doubt it would have been of value. imo (Not that I don't agree with you. I do!)

Statistically speaking, she was probably dead within the first couple of hours, someone took her.

In around 75% of all murder-abductions, the child is believed to be dead within 3-6 hours of the abduction.

This location is maybe a mile if that from the mall, it is very close. Maybe a 5 minute drive from Kendall Printing to the Mall.

29th where they are investigating runs mainly east and west and intersects with 23rd which is where the mall is.

Really, like a one-minute drive. A 5 minute walk. Less than a mile - the street goes directly from 35th Avenue to 23rd ave, and that is the stoplight for the mall. Past many businesses, A CHARTER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, several hotels and restaurants.

Sadly, this location of the body will also require another round of scrutiny by LE of all family members and associates. It is equally close to their home as to the mall.

just something to compare to.....my son is 13, 4ft 8in, and only 90lbs.....my 17year old daughter is 5ft tall & 130lbs..........actually kayleah is the same size of me.......just fyi

Kayleah is 12 yo and is in 6th grade She is a precious child.

Somewhere on this thread I have a list of about 18 things LE could have done. One of the things is that Pat Brown on NG could have refrained from calling Kaylaeh 'fat' and attributing that to the idea she wouldn't be abducted. And even if this isn't Kayleah, the list of 18 would have been of value in this case regardless. moo

The fact that so much critical time was lost in the beginning has really bothered me. She was a 12 year old, little girl with no history of running away and she vanishes in broad daylight in a somewhat busy area. It just seems they should have searched earlier or brought the dogs in earlier. I don't know, probably a better discussion for a different time.

Going to light a candle...this is so heartbreaking. My little girl is 12 and my heart is with Kayleah, praying she didn't suffer and praying for family...

I doubt it would have been of value. imo (Not that I don't agree with you. I do!)

Statistically speaking, she was probably dead within the first couple of hours, someone took her.

In around 75% of all murder-abductions, the child is believed to be dead within 3-6 hours of the abduction.

I agree, this was probably the case with Kayleah. Just hope that the fact it took this long to find her does not help the killer...

I wonder if there is any area where she might have taken a shortcut and possibly fell and was knocked unconscious. Was there any heavy rains around the time she went missing? I guess I just don't want to think about any other possibilities for this young girl.

So sad.

Does anyone have a live link for the presser?

I just called the Greeley PD victim witness number about making a donation. Sadly, both women who have phone numbers on the website are out of the office-one until tomorrow, and the other until Monday. What lousy timing. I sure hope there is someone else comforting April right now! I would like to make a donation, but would like to make it directly to April, and bypass anyone else who has immersed themselves into this case. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA

Exactly. If this is her, she certainly DID not run away, something happened, between the mall where LE had video and the party. Very scary to think about the possibilities of what.

Praying for Kayleahs mom, family and friends.

I don't know what the 'ditches' are like in Colorado.
The 'ditches' here in Southern Calif. are called the L.A. River.
They are deep, have man-made deep, angle banks made of either cement or rock.

I'm wondering if Kayleah didn't try and take a short-cut, crossing over one of these 'ditches' and slipped and hit her head?

I guess I just don't want to think (yet again) that a child, innocently walking from one place to another was abducted, just to do whatever to the child then kill.
I just don't want to, CAN'T think of that happening yet again to another child!!!
My heart aches for that family.....just aches.

This may be statistically true... but statistically speaking there are also another 25% of children who are not dead within hours of an abduction.
It's hard to give up hope.

Prayers for Kayleah's family right now.

14j7wjn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads