CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that Kalyeah's father has that website showing on his FB page...so it must be something he is aware of, whether or not it was set up very professionally.

Public's eye is much keener for Kayleah's case
Sunday, May 2, 2010

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100502/NEWS/100509930/1002&parentprofile=1001

Missing girl cases as different as they are similar
Probe's intensity, tools are far advanced since 1984
Sunday, May 2, 2010

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100502/NEWS/100509935/1002&parentprofile=1001

Looks like the point of the articles is to compare Kayleah's case to one of 26 years ago. HUH! 26 years ago there was no internet, no DNA, and forensics was at a minimum - why the comparison? What does a 26yo case have to do with Kayleah's case of today. LE called kayleah a run-a-way in the beginning and continue to say they have no evidence that she did or didn't. Why doesn't LE realize most people view her as a run-a-way and that's why the lack of response, interest, and urgency. moo

ETA: I understand mom, step dad and who knows who else, think Kayleah ran away - I also realize that for moms, it's easier to think 'run-a-way' than the alterntive.

LE calls Kayleah a run-away and right away that dampens the spirit of those who may search...why search if she ran away?

By the time LE begin to rethink the scenario, days have gone by - trash bins emptied, motel rooms cleaned, memories fading, evidence destroyed, and for most, interest carries no urgency.

My biggest concern is this could become a trend - call the child a run-a-way and the perp has few immediate worries. Call the child a run-a-way and the cost of the investigative search becomes another county or state's problem. Call the child a run-a-way and soon the perp will stage all abductions to look like a run-a-way. I call that serious!!! moo

You and me both!!!!!!

Lets hope we hear something great today like they find her.... wouldnt that be great!!!!!

I'm not sure that LE can be blamed too harshly here...they investigated to the best of their ability once they got going and utilized FBI, which many agencies refuse to do...I think they simply ran out of ideas and have no suspects. Family members mentioned the dreaded "run away" phrase early on, IIRC, and unfortunately, that sticks in many peoples' heads. But I doubt many people still think that...it has been too long. I know there is lots of frustration but sometimes there is just no evidence to direct the case toward a solution. I do think they should start over...re-interview, do a recreation of Kayleah walking, show the video, etc...maybe something will come out of that. That is about all I can think of, though I would like to know (still-have been wondering) if truckers have her info. across the country? This may have been mentioned but cannot remember.

I'm not sure that LE can be blamed too harshly here...they investigated to the best of their ability once they got going and utilized FBI, which many agencies refuse to do...I think they simply ran out of ideas and have no suspects. Family members mentioned the dreaded "run away" phrase early on, IIRC, and unfortunately, that sticks in many peoples' heads. But I doubt many people still think that...it has been too long. I know there is lots of frustration but sometimes there is just no evidence to direct the case toward a solution. I do think they should start over...re-interview, do a recreation of Kayleah walking, show the video, etc...maybe something will come out of that. That is about all I can think of, though I would like to know (still-have been wondering) if truckers have her info. across the country? This may have been mentioned but cannot remember.
they have completely DROPPED THE BALL

IMHOO.

for example where are they NOW?

IMHOO.

I agree completey nurse! They sure have!! And what about the video that supposedly caught Kayleah outside the mall? Where did it go?

And what about the two witnesses who identified her as being outside the mall?

Absolutely nothing was given to the public to keep this case in the forefront. The way Kayleah's case is being handled is a disgrace. all just my opinions

IMHOO.

They can only investigate leads they have, and if they have no leads it doesn't make sense spending limited resources (which other cases are demanding as well) doing random things in the hopes of getting lucky. It becomes a resource management issue - the cases most likely to be advanced are those that are going to get resources, as it should be.

People have this thought that LE has infinite resources when in fact they do not, and in most cases don't have anything near what they need.

LE: issues warning to be aware of what a predator might do in this case

LE: doesn't say another DAMN THING FOR AT LEAST THREE WEEKS GOING ON FOUR.

Sorry folks but WTF?????

My very best friend was abducted raped and murdered from a small town. I do not buy this LE response and I am not just about to puke... I already have. Colorado... get your freaking sh^t together! Please do it already for the love of God and all other things holy!

They can only investigate leads they have, and if they have no leads it doesn't make sense spending limited resources (which other cases are demanding as well) doing random things in the hopes of getting lucky. It becomes a resource management issue - the cases most likely to be advanced are those that are going to get resources, as it should be.

People have this thought that LE has infinite resources when in fact they do not, and in most cases don't have anything near what they need.
nothing prevents them from keeping a case in peoples minds. Only they can do that. And they have.

the only bonafide efforts btw to keep her story in the media was done by normal human beings going about their day and being concerned.... oh and I forgot to add the ERRANT Greeley press piece where they said that news her body was found was a rumor. Thanks Greeley Press. (any articles after that one to update the search? I haven't seen one but if there was one please someone post it)

I disagree, that's all. I don't think Greeley LE has given up on this case, but that the case is stalled. When they issued the info on things to look out for, suspect-wise, that was just in case someone was acting strangely...they were not saying, as far as I can tell, that there WAS a person out there who had abducted her. I have seen that same info released in other cases, as a back-up measure, when LE has no clue what has happened. And we do not know, as always, anything they might be working on behind the scenes.
I do think they should show the video, if they have one, but not sure what else they can do? Every LE department in the country has far more cases than resources and I would bet that detectives in Greeley think about Kayleah all the time...but what, exactly, do you want them to do, really? I just am not sure...I have followed this case from day one and have all sorts of feelings for Kayleah, but this does not mean I am blaming the police for not finding her. JMO

Sad, sad, sad -- any time a child is observed to be missing from his/her usual routine with no communication to parents/friends, an Amber Alert should be issued. Is it extra work for the police? I suppose so -- but -- it is the best way to hedge our bets when it comes to protecting minors. I mean, they simply don't have the judgement *at all* to make good decisions -- they just don't. This is not the first time I've seen a case in which a minor goes missing and an Amber Alert is not issued because it didn't "meet criteria." The criteria needs to be widened to include situations like this. I don't give a damn if it's a runaway. Young runaways are the perfect prey for sex offenders and nutcases.

Sad, sad, sad -- any time a child is observed to be missing from his/her usual routine with no communication to parents/friends, an Amber Alert should be issued. Is it extra work for the police? I suppose so -- but -- it is the best way to hedge our bets when it comes to protecting minors. I mean, they simply don't have the judgement *at all* to make good decisions -- they just don't. This is not the first time I've seen a case in which a minor goes missing and an Amber Alert is not issued because it didn't "meet criteria." The criteria needs to be widened to include situations like this. I don't give a damn if it's a runaway. Young runaways are the perfect prey for sex offenders and nutcases.

What are the criteria for issuing AMBER Alerts?

*Law enforcement must confirm that an abduction has taken place
*The child is at risk of serious injury or death
*There is sufficient descriptive information of child, captor, or captor's vehicle to issue an alert
*The child must be 17 years old or younger
*It is recommended that immediate entry of AMBER Alert data be entered in FBI's National Crime Information Center. Text information describing the circumstances surrounding the abduction of the child should be entered, and the case flagged as Child Abduction.

Overuse of AMBER Alert could result in the public becoming desensitized to Alerts when they are issued

http://www.amberalert.gov/faqs.htm#faq10

There was no known vehicle, so an Amber Alert would have been useless.

A good morning "bump" for Kayleah.

Praying for Kayleah and family. Hoping the weather is nice this weekend so some more searching can be done. I wish there was something to go on and that they would release that video seems like it is all we have to go on.

I agree that an Amber Alert might become ho hum if it was overused, just like the code alerts in the airport are.

Perhaps there could be a different alert-a Kayleah alert for a missing child-whereabouts unknown. Be on the lookout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3