CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kayleah's mother joins safety fair
Sunday, May 16, 2010

As families lined up to have their children's photos taken, April Wilson sat at the other end of the table, photos of her missing daughter, silently letting people know what could happen.

The Children's Safety Fair was Saturday at CenterPlace Shopping Center in west Greeley, and drew many families and children, but probably the most-visited booth was where children could get a special ID card.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100516/NEWS/100519719/1002&parentprofile=1001

Still thinking of you Kayleah and praying that you will return home soon.

Prayer's for Kayleah and her family. I went and did some more searching yesterday as the river has much more water now and is moving a lot faster so checked around there again and some other remote places, there are so many remote places and abandoned sheds but much is on private property. I get so disturbed by the river get very shakey and unsettled when I am there. Sure wish they would put that video out we need something to go on with this precious child.

Prayer's for Kayleah and her family. I went and did some more searching yesterday as the river has much more water now and is moving a lot faster so checked around there again and some other remote places, there are so many remote places and abandoned sheds but much is on private property. I get so disturbed by the river get very shakey and unsettled when I am there. Sure wish they would put that video out we need something to go on with this precious child.

I wish they would release that video too. Someone knows something.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100515/NEWS/100519773/1051&ParentProfile=1001

As families lined up to have their children's photos taken, April Wilson sat at the other end of the table, photos of her missing daughter, silently letting people know what could happen.

The Safety Fair Saturday at Center Place Shopping Center in west Greeley drew many families and children, but probably the most-visited booth was where children could get a special ID card.

Josh Gonzalez of Best Buy was one of the people at computers, putting together the IDs for children. “This is our second year of doing this,” Gonzalez said. “We seem to have more parents doing this because of the missing girl.”

The “missing girl” is Kayleah Wilson, 12, who disappeared six weeks ago. Her mother, April , at the other end of the table, said there was no news about her daughter this weekend.

Dozens of booths, fire trucks, ambulances, police and sheriff's cars and other child-related booths were set up Saturday, including the Greeley Optimist Club, which had a bicycle course set up for kids to learn about crossings and stop signs.

There was a booth about child safety seats and a “smoking” building that the firefighters used to teach children about getting through a house fire.

And back at the children's ID booth, April Wilson said they ran out of fingerprint kits because so many families were coming through.

The search for the missing 12-year-old Greeley girl continues next Saturday, as her family asks for volunteers to search the Milliken and Johnstown areas.

God, that breaks my heart...

12yo kayleah has now been missing 50 (fifty) days and nights!!!

let's have justice for kayleah!!!

Even on the tiniest chance she ran away, who cares? She is 12 years old. Doesn't that count for something? Shouldn't people be looking for a 12 year old no matter what the circumstances might be?

I, of course, don't think she ran away. I am just bringing the point that because of her age, that alone should make it be a red alert.

Even on the tiniest chance she ran away, who cares? She is 12 years old. Doesn't that count for something? Shouldn't people be looking for a 12 year old no matter what the circumstances might be?

I, of course, don't think she ran away. I am just bringing the point that because of her age, that alone should make it be a red alert.

I agree human - what age is the cutoff for running away and abduction? Kayleah is 12yo and called a run-a-way; Lindsey is 10yo and called a run-a-way; and Idaho has a thread going with a 7yo LE called a run-a-way. Seems that soon the criteria will be 'out of the crib' and off the bottle". Also, I'm at a loss as to how a 14yo groomed by a family member is considered a run-a-way. In my eyes, these kids have been groomed by a pedophile and I"m not at all sure what difference it makes if he is a friend or relative of the family. Something has got to change when a child goes missing and there is no crime scene, body, evidence, or clues of any kind. Something has to be done and I don't know what. MOO mho and all that stuff! rant over!

I was in Greeley this weekend. DH and I did some searching of areas while we were there. It is frustrating that there is not some kind of public database or organization that is keeping a record of what has been searched already. I know the Laura foundation armed several people with knowledge of how to do this but if anyone is actually DOING it, is not known to me. ???

I only saw 2 missing Kayleah fliers up in the entire town and we were all over. One was on April Wilson's front window of her apartment and the other was in a basement apartment window near the mall. I did not see any fliers on store or restaraunt doors in the area she went missing from. There were no fliers at key intersections in the area. I would have brought my own to put up if I thought I would have needed to. :(

I drove around the mall parking lot just to re-familiarize myself again with what is there and what can be seen from what areas. There is a security jeep/guard that followed us around the entire lot. DH said he felt like we were being chased off by a guard dog. I kind of had that feeling too. We just did a single loop around the entire mall parking lot but the entire east and much of the southeast side parking lots are completely abandoned and there were no vehicles at all over there. I guess maybe we may have looked suspicious to the security guard having out of state plates and driving slow so I could take it all in... Oh well, he was close enough to our bumper to see my Websleuths magnet so ;) maybe he will come join us here. LOL We saw two groups of 3 teenage girls walking from the mall to the apartments near the mall. I took some pictures but I think YellowSubmarine's album covers everything already...

I would like to know what part of the parking lot Kayleah was seen in.

I was disturbed by the lack of posters and fliers and just the sense of talking to people in the area that Kayleah is just a "runaway." Sad. Just sad. She is 12 people. 12 YEARS OLD.

:( :( :(

I was in Greeley this weekend. DH and I did some searching of areas while we were there. It is frustrating that there is not some kind of public database or organization that is keeping a record of what has been searched already. I know the Laura foundation armed several people with knowledge of how to do this but if anyone is actually DOING it, is not known to me. ???

I only saw 2 missing Kayleah fliers up in the entire town and we were all over. One was on April Wilson's front window of her apartment and the other was in a basement apartment window near the mall. I did not see any fliers on store or restaraunt doors in the area she went missing from. There were no fliers at key intersections in the area. I would have brought my own to put up if I thought I would have needed to. :(

I drove around the mall parking lot just to re-familiarize myself again with what is there and what can be seen from what areas. There is a security jeep/guard that followed us around the entire lot. DH said he felt like we were being chased off by a guard dog. I kind of had that feeling too. We just did a single loop around the entire mall parking lot but the entire east and much of the southeast side parking lots are completely abandoned and there were no vehicles at all over there. I guess maybe we may have looked suspicious to the security guard having out of state plates and driving slow so I could take it all in... Oh well, he was close enough to our bumper to see my Websleuths magnet so ;) maybe he will come join us here. LOL We saw two groups of 3 teenage girls walking from the mall to the apartments near the mall. I took some pictures but I think YellowSubmarine's album covers everything already...

I would like to know what part of the parking lot Kayleah was seen in.

I was disturbed by the lack of posters and fliers and just the sense of talking to people in the area that Kayleah is just a "runaway." Sad. Just sad. She is 12 people. 12 YEARS OLD.

:( :( :(

kai,
thanks for taking action for Kayleah. It's terrible to hear that there are few posters up in the area- I don't understand how these things happen, even though we see it all the time. The absolute FIRST thing LE, family, friends, and search groups need to do is get the MP's face out there asap.
I don't care if your missing loved one is 12 or 22 or 102....if they ran away or were in an accident or were a victim of an abduction or other crime...if you want them found, PUT THEIR FACE OUT THERE.
Ugh. Nothing against the family or community- I just don't understand how this happens.

Oriah

Okay, WS'ers....so who is in CO that can get some flyers up for Kayleah?? Gas stations, highway stops/rest stops/truck stops, convenience stores, public buildings, car dealerships, etc. Remember- each and every flyer put up has the potential to bring a 12 year old child home safe. So if you can print one- print one. If you can print five, print five!
We don't just need to bring this child home safe- we need to find who is responsible for her disappearence to protect our communities from it happening to others.
Kayleah, where are you?

Why aren't her family out putting up flyers, calling the news, bugging the police. I never hear anything about them or from them. I would be standing to the street corner naked to bring attention to the fact my 12 year old daughter was missing if I thought that would help find her.

Why aren't her family out putting up flyers, calling the news, bugging the police. I never hear anything about them or from them. I would be standing to the street corner naked to bring attention to the fact my 12 year old daughter was missing if I thought that would help find her.

Some families are better at getting the word out than others. Kayleah's family has no car - that has to put a dent on how easy it is to put up fliers. Some families are adept at working the media - getting on TV, making their story ratings +, are articulate, have many resources, are able to access resources better than others, have a healthy income, and move people into sponsoring fund raisers.And, some people fall into a paralyzing depressing. moo

Can't say how functional and helpful I would be if one of my children disappeared without a trace - might crawl into bed and pull the covers up over my head. moo

Not sure what the answer is. IMO all children should be treated the same when missing, even those with no obvious crime scene. No idea how that can happen. moo rant over

Some families are better at getting the word out than others. Kayleah's family has no car - that has to put a dent on how easy it is to put up fliers. Some families are adept at working the media - getting on TV, making their story ratings +, are articulate, have many resources, are able to access resources better than others, have a healthy income, and move people into sponsoring fund raisers.And, some people fall into a paralyzing depressing. moo

Can't say how functional and helpful I would be if one of my children disappeared without a trace - might crawl into bed and pull the covers up over my head. moo

Not sure what the answer is. IMO all children should be treated the same when missing, even those with no obvious crime scene. No idea how that can happen. moo rant over

I agree eyes4crime. Maybe that can happen (or at least start to happen) by communities picking up the slack, so to speak, when families are unable to do so? I have no idea of the circumstances Kayleahs' family is in; or the emotional, physical, monetary, or other resources they have available to them to help find their child. For their sake, I hope they have many- but for Kayleah's sake, I care not one bit.
We know that she is 12 years old, and missing without a trace. Everyone who sees a NCMEC flyer with her face on it, will know that she is 12 years old who is missing without a trace for a long month and a half.
Perhaps if people would rather stick with their computers, or are not local- they could email those in their address books her NCMEC flyer?

I realize there are many spam guards out there that watch for these sometimes false links- however, a simple link to www.missingkids.com- and a "Please search for Kayleah!" in first name- might be enough to get her face out there to a few more people.

IMO, it is those missing children whose families who do NOT have certain resources available to them to help find them, that need us the most.

I don't know where all the flyer's went because I know we posted flyer's in the area where her mom lives at all the restraunts convenience stores car dealerships and all the apt. complexes so not sure if they were taken down or what. We posted them in many parks on poles and gazebo's too. Most places I have been to still have them in their windows so I never left new ones.

Interesting. Maybe the perp is tearing them down.

I don't know where all the flyer's went because I know we posted flyer's in the area where her mom lives at all the restraunts convenience stores car dealerships and all the apt. complexes so not sure if they were taken down or what. We posted them in many parks on poles and gazebo's too. Most places I have been to still have them in their windows so I never left new ones.

Roni, thanks for doing that- maybe as time has gone on businesses have taken them down, or they have been replaced by others, or sometimes inclement weather will take them down?
I guess we need to get some new ones up!

If someone made up an electronic flyer, they could email it to many different businesses around the area. In addition the flyer could ask those receiving it to pass it on to anyone they know. This would cut down the cost, make it easy for those across the country to help, and cover more ground in less time.

Just a thought. I don't a lot of extra time, but if someone would be willing to send me all the information they would like in the flyer, I can make up a rough draft in a PDF format.

James

If someone made up an electronic flyer, they could email it to many different businesses around the area. In addition the flyer could ask those receiving it to pass it on to anyone they know. This would cut down the cost, make it easy for those across the country to help, and cover more ground in less time.

Just a thought. I don't a lot of extra time, but if someone would be willing to send me all the information they would like in the flyer, I can make up a rough draft in a PDF format.

James

That's a great idea, James Vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members