CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe we will get much more information today other than confirming it's her.

Dumb reporter..."why isn't the family here..." Uh...they are devastated and in mourning for their young daughter!!!!

No positive ID that Kayleah was in the mall parking lot. Video is not that good.

I don't believe we will get much more information today other than confirming it's her.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if they have someone(s) in custody within a week though. I hope.

Prayers for the Wilson family and friends tonight. It brings closure, but also a new pain of the investigation to come.

Rest in peace, Kayleah.

Also said no one is cleared, but nothing pointing at family.

Items of interest found which makes LE believe that it's a homicide, and he won't say what or where the items were found.

Presser Recap

It was dental records that ID'd the body.

Can't guarantee that the person who did this won't do it again.

Items of evidence have been recovered. Can't go into details.

Items were recovered from several different locations.

This is a homicide investigation.

Coroners office says it was not an accident.

Autopsy has been conducted. Won't release COD.

Death occurred "some time ago".

Nothing to indicate family members are suspects. Nothing that turns them to the family.

They are looking at a wide variety of people. They will be talking to lots of people and re-interviewing people.

"We are already looking towards a successful prosecution to whoever did this to this girl". They are airing on the side of caution to make sure they don't make mistakes within the investigations to make the prosecutors job harder.

The picture in the surveillance video from the mall is not good enough/clear enough to positively say the person in the parking lot was Kayleah.

The body had been in the water "for some time"

There were dogs used in the search, but nothing useful was found.

Tips have began coming in since the announcement of a body being found. They are following up on each new piece of info.

LE says "we won't give up".

reported missing 28 march

found yesterday

identified as kayleah

coroner's office says the death does not appear to be an accident and a homicide investigation with the fbi as well as the cbi

fbi reward of 20k for person or persons responsible still good

still need help of the public

very little more LE can say

dental records id body

wide range people of interest they will be following up on

recovered items of evidence but cannot say what

items were from several different locations

investigative keys they must keep to themselves

coroner said this was not an accident

death didn't occur within a day or two or body being found... while ago

looking at number of possibilities as to how long she has been there. number of possibilities

family not here... because at this moment they do not want to talk to the press

no indication that a family member is a suspect... nothing turning to family but he did not clear them either

some of the people they talked to already they will be talking to again

manner of death WAS DETERMINED

cause of death is an investigative key that they are not going to release because they want to make sure the prosecution is sucessful and not make the prosecutors job more difficult

batted around with kayleah on video.. but they said the picture is not good enough to say for sure that she was in that parking lot

what they are counting on is statements from the family about when she left the house

(((my opinion: the reporters are all over her family!!)))

her body has been in the water, "for some time"

the area was searched twice but what each searcher did he does not know

there were dogs used in the search and they did not come up with anything useful

since the body was found LE has gotten more calls and they are following up on information

some leads are better than others none have been a "eureka moment"

says mom is reacting like any mom would react but said there is some relief that she had been found

all investigators are back on the case... prior to this they had two to three

they need info from the community even if it seems trivial or something they already know...

end

Unbelievable that the video reported as having Kayleah on it, isn't good enough to identify Kayleah. I remember many of us spending a couple hours with locals sleuthing what camera it could have been. No wonder it was never released - it is irrelevant, is useless. Was the info released to make the perp nervous, and if not, why did they tell us such useless information. moo
Hopefully this is a hot priority for LE - there is a ruthless, determined child predator or a murderer of some kind roaming around. Hope LE is just as ruthless.

Kayleah, Lindsey, Amber and so many others have been called run-a-ways, and so many found murdered. I want to scream at the convenience of calling a child a run-a-way. It's got to stop!

. Wow, thanks a lot FBI for not classifying this as an abduction from the beginning and leaving those in the area with a violent killer on the loose to deal with. :(

They got conflicting info. The former step-dad said she might have went to California to see her Dad. He really should have kept his mouth shut. That did not help. The FBI also put out ways the public could help and it was an excellent article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member