CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greeley Police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said the discovery was made at about 6 a.m. near 35th Avenue and 29th Street by the worker who was inspecting an irrigation ditch as he does daily.

When the worker opened a water-control gate near 29th Street, he spotted the body partially submerged in 3 feet of water and called 911, Tymkowych said.

Tymkowych said that area has been searched at least twice for Kayleah, who lives about a half-mile away from the ditch. However, the searches may have occurred when the water was low, or when the ditch was relatively dry. The irrigation ditch also runs underground from 47th to 35th avenues.

I'm watching the early evening edition of news at 9News Denver streaming online; they just showed video with a live reporter giving an update from Kayleah's home. They showed video of Kayleah's Mom and said she was headed to the Weld County Coroner's office (supposedly at approximately 1 pm MST this afternoon). Poor thing...

If this video gets posted on the website, I'll post it for reference.

Would someone post some pictures of Kayleah, I would if I knew how. tia

KAYLEAH-11.jpg

I'm thinking that if he inspects that area daily that it would be likely he would have spotted a body there sometime in the last 2 months prior to now.

I wonder how many inspection points there are?

Quoted from: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23606902/detail.html

"It's just impossible right now to determine when the body was deposited," Tymkowych said. What it is clear is that the body was not at the irrigation site on Tuesday, because it was inspected on Tuesday.

Has this been posted, I haven't read backwards?

If the body wasn't there Tuesday, and the water flows east, either it was put there after Tuesday or came through the underground pipe which ends at 35th and turns into the irrigation ditch. (moo)

The body is described as being badly decomposed - couldn't even tell the sex. Kayleah was last seen at the mall that is not far from where the body was found. Heavy rains last night. Body would flow from underground pipe from 35th to the irrigation ditch. My bet is that she was lodged somewhere along the way and broke loose from the heavy rains last night. moo

I know not all crimes are logical - but thinking this is Kayleah (nobody else reported missing) and that she has been in the water for 53 days seems logical to me. As Dr. Fessel said - she would be coming from the opposite direction she was heading or last seen. moo

I send tons of hugs :hug: to the family and loved ones of Kayleah and to all the young children who have such a difficult time understanding her disappearance. :hug:

I'm thinking that if he inspects that area daily that it would be likely he would have spotted a body there sometime in the last 2 months prior to now.

I wonder how many inspection points there are?

That's a good point. It has been raining there quite a bit, off an on, to the point where searches ended early or were postponed. It's hard to believe that the water levels weren't this high or higher before. It may well be that not all inspectors are as diligent as they're supposed to be (who knows if they really go into the field and hit each place they're supposed to). It would seem that had Kayleah been in a ditch and then underground from the start, she would have shown up before now. However, the state of this body makes it seem that it hasn't been dumped there recently, so I'm beginning to doubt that that's a possibility. I just don't get this, only because it's not like there hasn't been any rainfall in that area before now.

Well right, there was the snow storm last week and at the beginning of that storm the rain was crazy. Heavy, hard rainfall for hours. I'm surprised she was not dislodged then...

Well no, there was the snow storm last week and at the beginning of that storm the rain was crazy. Heavy, hard rainfall for hours. I'm surprised she was dislodged then...

Frequently consistent rain/water accumulation and how it moves debris depends on the water table...I wonder if that is the case here with all of the rain.

If the ditch runs underground from 47th ave to 35th ave where she was found the only open water I can find is Arrowhead Reservior and one other retention pond it looks like, that would be close enough to feed that ditch and the direction it would flow. Now this is just moo ......

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...742708&sspn=0.03367,0.090551&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14

You will have to move it around a bit B is The cemetery area that the ditch is by where the body was found..... The ditch flows Northeast towards Kayleahs home ..... I am prob. just confusing myself ....:crazy:

If the ditch runs underground from 47th ave to 35th ave where she was found the only open water I can find is Arrowhead Reservior and one other retention pond it looks like, that would be close enough to feed that ditch and the direction it would flow. Now this is just moo ......

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...742708&sspn=0.03367,0.090551&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14

You will have to move it around a bit B is The cemetery area that the ditch is by where the body was found..... The ditch flows Northeast towards Kayleahs home ..... I am prob. just confusing myself ....:crazy:

Amazing to me that anyone can make sense out of an underground drainage system - the way the water is flowing and where the body was put in relation to that boggles my mind. Ask me about any drug, but a drainage system will get me confused for ever. lol moo

Amazing to me that anyone can make sense out of an underground drainage system - the way the water is flowing and where the body was put in relation to that boggles my mind. Ask me about any drug, but a drainage system will get me confused for ever. lol moo

Good thing we have all types on here. ;)

Well can't make sense of it, but I guess the FBI should have access to someone who can. Even more, I hope they can find clues on her body.

Since the evening of March 28 the person:
• Could be coming up with excuses to leave the area unexpectedly for what may sound like a good reason (work related, visit a distant relative or friend, etc.)

• May have missed work, called in sick, asked to change shifts, particularly on days close to the night Kayleah disappeared.

• May have unexplained recent injuries (cuts, bruises) particularly on his head, hands or arms.

• May have an unexpected or sudden interest in the status of this investigation.

• May minimize or deny a known acquaintance with Kayleah.

• May display nervousness or irritability.

• May show a recent increase or decrease in expressing religious beliefs.

• May have changed routine sleep patterns.

• May have changed "usual" consumption of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes.

• May have shaved off facial or head hair or started growing a mustache or beard.

• May no longer be driving, or changing the appearance of, his personal or work vehicle for no obvious reason, including suddenly keeping it in a shed or garage, covering it, painting it, selling it, reporting it stolen or giving it away.

The person also is likely to live in the Greeley community and has ties to the area around the Greeley Mall, the FBI said.​

Hoping not to sound crass here but does anyone know about what the diameter of the underground section of the ditch from 35th to 47th? Also how much of the last 53 days has the ditch system been dry? Thanks. Again, not meaning to sound awful, just wondering.

Since the evening of March 28 the person:
• Could be coming up with excuses to leave the area unexpectedly for what may sound like a good reason (work related, visit a distant relative or friend, etc.)

• May have missed work, called in sick, asked to change shifts, particularly on days close to the night Kayleah disappeared.

• May have unexplained recent injuries (cuts, bruises) particularly on his head, hands or arms.

• May have an unexpected or sudden interest in the status of this investigation.

• May minimize or deny a known acquaintance with Kayleah.

• May display nervousness or irritability.

• May show a recent increase or decrease in expressing religious beliefs.

• May have changed routine sleep patterns.

• May have changed "usual" consumption of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes.

• May have shaved off facial or head hair or started growing a mustache or beard.

• May no longer be driving, or changing the appearance of, his personal or work vehicle for no obvious reason, including suddenly keeping it in a shed or garage, covering it, painting it, selling it, reporting it stolen or giving it away.

The person also is likely to live in the Greeley community and has ties to the area around the Greeley Mall, the FBI said.​

Don't mean to quote myself, but the person could very well be exhibiting some of these signs again, now that a body has been found.

Good thing we have all types on here. ;)

Thank goodness for all the knowledge diversity here on WS - no matter what the questions, always someone with experience and/or knowledge. Makes this site special. moo

Thanks to everyone! :blowkiss:

Hoping not to sound crass here but does anyone know about what the diameter of the underground section of the ditch from 35th to 47th? Also how much of the last 53 days has the ditch system been dry? Thanks. Again, not meaning to sound awful, just wondering.

The concrete ones are usually 2+ft in diameter, the wire and corrogated ones vary a lot.
ETA: sorry- I meant commercial pipe drainage systems. Not including the actual 'ditch.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member