CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try not to beat yourself up too much. I know you fervently wish you could have seen her or known, but you can't. :(

But, with what you said about the pipe at her apartment, along with the map, makes me wonder if it was someone who lived in her complex. Someone who had watched her, knew her patterns, knew she walked alone. Someone who maybe even gained her trust. Someone who lured her while she walked to the party and dumped her that close to home-which is also close to his home...

Yikes, it reminds me of The Lovely Bones. :(
Yes, I'm wondering how she was abducted. Someone offered her a ride? Someone she knows?

Tricia approved the following:

"If anyone would like to donate to Kayleah's family you can do so through her pastor. I have his information and the address of the church. Please PM me if you want to help. "

Just got home from the vigil, there were around 200 people and 4, 9 and fox31 news there. We all lit our candles and sang amazing grace and had a prayer. We were standing in the grass right beside the ditch and there were two dressed officers directly across from us. I was shocked they let every body go that close but guess they figure she was put in farther up and washed down with the storms last night.They had the ditch completly drained and it was making me shiver just being there. We stayed for a half hour then left.I did not see April and family or Michelle but saw Michelle on news and she said her mind says it is not Kayleah but her heart says it is. Praying for Kayleah's family and friends.

I just got back from the vigil. There are a LOT of people there. I would guess 150+ and people coming and going the entire time. Most parked in the church parking lot - it is just a few steps from the area that we were allowed to gather, which was across the ditch and 20 yards or so up from where the officers were "guarding" the scene. ALL the news stations are there, hovering in the crowd. We all stood right next to the ditch. It was very eerie and solemn. They were singing as we arrived and mostly silent while we were there for about 20 minutes.
Saw MT being interviewed by the media.

Thank you so much for going and for sharing your experience with us. I wanted to be there, but I will go when the weather is better and remember Kayleah in some other way.

Much thanks to all the locals who searched, took pictures, hung posters, and give us first hand accounts of events. Thanks too to those who counted the nights Kayleah was away from her mommy! did research on the area and just plain cared about this little girl. All missing children cases rip your heart out, but for me, this is the one that I let get way too close.

Am I the only one who blanched at the ditch guy's description of the body?
While I realize he would have said such a thing, after being confronted with such a horrible sight (I bet he doesn't have a nightmareless sleep for years, I know I wouldn't) but did the reporter really find it necessary to insert the phrase "white and bloated" into the story? Good gracious, it just seemed so disrespectful :(
JMHO

I feel like there has been a lot of disrespectful things being said throughout this time. I think the "too pudgy to be a target" was the worst. The man probably just blurted that out, being very disturbed, and the reporter liked the sensationalism of how it sounded. Rude, indeed. I, too, became a Facebook friend of the dad; he is so nice. My heart is just breaking for him. He recently posted that the waiting is the hardest part of it all. Prayers for him and the rest of the family. And if this is Kayleah, she is resting but prayers, too, for justice for her!

Just got home from the vigil, there were around 200 people and 4, 9 and fox31 news there. We all lit our candles and sang amazing grace and had a prayer. We were standing in the grass right beside the ditch and there were two dressed officers directly across from us. I was shocked they let every body go that close but guess they figure she was put in farther up and washed down with the storms last night.They had the ditch completly drained and it was making me shiver just being there. We stayed for a half hour then left.I did not see April and family or Michelle but saw Michelle on news and she said her mind says it is not Kayleah but her heart says it is. Praying for Kayleah's family and friends.

Would the area already be thoroughly searched ? It just seems too soon to let people trample all over.jmo

Here is looking at the beginning of where the ditch daylights going toward where the body was found (35th Ave):

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...d=Rrb2CdVnpVLu3PsdGimm_A&cbp=12,94.35,,0,4.29

If you look across the street from the shot above you see there is no ditch this is where it is underground and somewhere that way is were the body would have had been put by someone:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...oid=Rrb2CdVnpVLu3PsdGimm_A&cbp=12,275.08,,0,5

Here is a look the same ditch just the other side of it off of 28th street:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...oid=8Vxj6N_Jq8Si_AK8sJALqQ&cbp=12,173.43,,0,5

Here is looking at the beginning of where the ditch daylights going toward where the body was found (35th Ave):

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...d=Rrb2CdVnpVLu3PsdGimm_A&cbp=12,94.35,,0,4.29

If you look across the street from the shot above you see there is no ditch this is where it is underground and somewhere that way is were the body would have had been put by someone:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...oid=Rrb2CdVnpVLu3PsdGimm_A&cbp=12,275.08,,0,5

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...oid=8Vxj6N_Jq8Si_AK8sJALqQ&cbp=12,173.43,,0,5

The thank button wasn't enough. Those maps were really helpful.

Thank you so much for going and for sharing your experience with us. I wanted to be there, but I will go when the weather is better and remember Kayleah in some other way.

Much thanks to all the locals who searched, took pictures, hung posters, and give us first hand accounts of events. Thanks too to those who counted the nights Kayleah was away from her mommy! did research on the area and just plain cared about this little girl. All missing children cases rip your heart out, but for me, this is the one that I let get way too close.

Yes, very well said spamelope.

Kayleah has been in so many of our hearts since her story became public. It just makes me so sad to think this may be her and the circumstances that may have happened to her. She was just so young. :(

Again if this is Kayleah...praying she didn't suffer and that she is now at peace and Praying for her dad, mom, family and friends.

According to his FB page, her dad doesn't know yet if this body has has been established to be Kayleah...

This is ugly, but there certainly should have been an odor.

I am so map and direction impaired I fail to get the jest of things - but these maps gave me just what I needed - a look at reality.

Is it just me that gets the impression the perp would have to know the area fairly well to place the body in this waterway? Or is this known information for perps?

Vigil held for Kayleah; still no positive ID on body found

53819880.jpg

53818604.jpg

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-body-greeley-text,0,5649937.story

I'll look at the maps a little closer in the morning.

If someone already has looked at them closely... is there anywhere she may have crossed the ditch on the way to the party? I'm wondering if she might have hopped across the ditch somewhere... maybe fell and hit her head... got washed away and caught up.

I've never had the feeling that somebody caused her harm. Maybe this was an accident.

If someone already has looked at them closely... is there anywhere she may have crossed the ditch on the way to the party? I'm wondering if she might have hopped across the ditch somewhere... maybe fell and hit her head... got washed away and caught up.

I've never had the feeling that somebody caused her harm. Maybe this was an accident.

Except for the person that found the body said it was naked.

Well in relation to her last known sighting wich was the mall parking lot , where this body was found is about a mile away from there, it could be an accident but we know she was supposed to go to the birthday party and never made it which was just over by the mall. So unless Kayleah just decided to "walk" around for awhile instead of go to the party I guess it could be possible it was an accident.
She would have had to fall right in that general area though, and that water isnt that deep, and searchers had searched this specific are twice according to some news articles....anything is possible....moo

I was very shocked that they let everyone be right there where the body was found for evidence etc. but it must have been cleared. Looks like they are checking another place for entry but still seems like they would keep the area we were in taped off for a while.

20100519__KAYLEAH__KAG0521~p1.jpg

Somber vigil for Kayleah in Greeley

GREELEY — About 150 somber parents, students and complete strangers to Kayleah Wilson lined a ditchbank tonight to wish that a body taken from the shallow water below was not that of the missing 12-year-old.

They also prayed that if it is Kayleah, her family can find some peace and the person who may have put her there will find justice.

"As human beings you feel for the parents of whoever they found this morning in that water," said Yolanda Perez, who led the gathering in a low, mournful take of "Amazing Grace."

http://www.denverpost.com/newsheadlines/ci_15121478

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member