CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was 12 years old right? Are we sure she had a 17 year old "ex" boyfriend and if so how long was he her boyfriend? Another question if true, when did they break up?

That bothers me...a lot
LE has known of the boyfriend from the start. The mother did not condone it. He was a friend of her brother.

Also, he has been interviewed, etc, so I am sure his alibi has been checked.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=72088
this link to her amw has a good synopsis of the case and her earlier threads have a lot of information/posts/links about the boyfriend, etc. Hope that helps

Update as to when LE will know/release the identity..

Police, FBI and the Weld County Coroner's Office met Wednesday and today in an effort to identify the body, first through dental records, and if that doesn't work, through DNA analysis. If there is a match to dental records, police spokesman Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said they could announce an identity as early as noon today. If they need to use DNA identification, it could be a week or more.

Snipped http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100520/NEWS/100529987/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Kaylnn, another snip from your link (thank you :)

The body was found Wednesday by a ditch rider on a check of the Greeley-Loveland Irrigation Canal behind Trinity Lutheran School, 3000 35th Ave. The body was at the bottom of a 30-foot spillway in the canal, caught in the turbulent flow of newly-released water in the ditch.

Although the area has been searched at least twice before, the body wasn't found until nearly two months after the girl vanished. If it is Kayleah, it could mean her body was in the underground portion of the irrigation canal, about one-quarter mile from where she was found.

If you use Street View on Google Maps, you get a good view of the parking lot at Kendall Printing next to the ditch. IMO it is very interesting that it is completely secluded 360 on all sides. There are also trees and bushes between that parking lot and W. 29th St.

IMO the perp knows this area well. It gave them privacy. I think LE should look into employees of that business and other adjacent businesses, including customers of that motorcycle shop. Delivery men too. Any new employees, or employees that suddenly left? IMO the perp knows this ditch and street, I don't think it was a stranger picking the place at random.

The body was found Wednesday by a ditch rider on a check of the Greeley-Loveland Irrigation Canal behind Trinity Lutheran School, 3000 35th Ave. The body was at the bottom of a 30-foot spillway in the canal, caught in the turbulent flow of newly-released water in the ditch.

Although the area has been searched at least twice before, the body wasn't found until nearly two months after the girl vanished. If it is Kayleah, it could mean her body was in the underground portion of the irrigation canal, about one-quarter mile from where she was found.

not to quote myown self... but I just did a map to figure out where this water was going/flowing etc... and you can clearly see that where the ditch is to the right of the road (behind the lutheran school/church) the part to the left of that road is whitish/underground portion. After looking at where she was found it seems very possible that she was dumped into the tunnel UPSTREAM and the rains washed her out. into the spillway portion of the canal (ditch)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...61,-104.733117&spn=0.006284,0.013196&t=h&z=17

I thought LE said she was found by Kendall Printing. Am I wrong?

The autopsy on a decomposed body found in a water-filled ditch near the home of a missing 12-year-old is complete, but authorities haven't said how the person died or if the body is that of a male or female.
Police said they are investigating the case a homicide but haven't said if any evidence supports a homicidal cause of death. Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said a media report that the body was "killed" is inaccurate and that accidental death hasn't been ruled out.

-------------

The body was found at the bottom of a 30-foot spillway in the canal. A co-worker of the man who discovered the body said it was that of a young woman, who was white, but police haven't confirmed that.
---------------

Brenda Jamison, one of Wilson's grandmothers, confirmed the family had been contacted by the Weld County Coroner on Wednesday but she would not say what they were told.
Authorities had hoped to use dental records from Wilson to determine if the body was hers but there might not have been any. Instead, investigators may be forced to use DNA analysis, which could delay the identification.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23621710/detail.html

The church is the building diagonally to the upper left across the ditch from the Kendall printing parking lot. It is not actually down where the A is marked on the map at the above link. If you go to street view in front of the building with the large parking lot that is across the ditch area, you can see that it is clearly a church building with a cross in front of it. So, it is technically correct to say behind either one of those locations.

jmoo

I was going by the greeley tribune and also the video of the reporter. He is standing on the dirt road that runs along the spillway (part I was talking about in the map) and also gave the address... :waitasec:

Police are trying to determine where the body first entered the canal. The area where the body was found had been searched at least twice and the theory is that heavy rains flooded the canal, dislodging the body from another point upstream.
The canal goes under ground for some distance just upstream from where the body was found.

I was going by the greeley tribune and also the video of the reporter. He is standing on the dirt road that runs along the spillway (part I was talking about in the map) and also gave the address... :waitasec:

It's just one of those google map glitches....the place where google prints out as the church is an empty lot on street view.

jmoo

Police are trying to determine where the body first entered the canal. The area where the body was found had been searched at least twice and the theory is that heavy rains flooded the canal, dislodging the body from another point upstream.
The canal goes under ground for some distance just upstream from where the body was found.

I can't find the entrance upstream to the underground portion of the ditch. Does anyone know where it is on google maps? TIA

omg... LE is going to have to search those tunnels and all access to them to figure out where this body went in the water.

I will go and bump up the link that someone posted on all the access to the tunnels... there are LOTS of manhole covers...

I can't find the entrance upstream to the underground portion of the ditch. Does anyone know where it is on google maps? TIA

Looking at Bing.com birds eye view.

Not sure if this is it...but according to the Greeley Trib..the irrigation ditch runs open until 47th, it looks like there is ditch that enters the ground on the west side of 47th just north of Tuscany, next to the farm house. Not sure if this is it though.

Also, looking at the map, it would very easy for someone to pull into the road that services the ditch right were the tunnel comes on on 35th.

Has it been established if a person would fit in this tunnel?

Looking at Bing.com birds eye view.

Not sure if this is it...but according to the Greeley Trib..the irrigation ditch runs open until 47th, it looks like there is ditch that enters the ground on the west side of 47th just north of Tuscany, next to the farm house. Not sure if this is it though.

Also, looking at the map, it would very easy for someone to pull into the road that services the ditch right were the tunnel comes on on 35th.

Has it been established if a person would fit in this tunnel?

Quote from the Greeley Trib. The ditch begins at Boyd Lake north of Loveland, and carries water through the Johnstown-Milliken area, through St. Michaels Center to 47th Avenue, where it goes underground for about a mile.

I may be wrong, let me check the map again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw