CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, but Kyron is getting nationwide attention in spite of the fact that no one saw or heard from his family before yesterday, so theory does not hold up. It is the media who decides what is "interesting" to the majority of Americans, and unfortunately, IMO, upper or middle class white kids take the lead most often and hold it longer. I have never heard of Mackenzie other than on this forum and heard very little about Lindsey Baum, if anything, other than here. Kayleah got a bit of the national spotlight, but more after she was found dead. Some parents in other cases try desperately to get media interested and just can't. We all know the key words that make media turn away...i.e. runaway possibility, drugs, depression, family issues...family has to be so careful to get the media interested they practically have to edit everything they say and some are not so media-savvy. Very sad, but it has been this way for a long time, IMO.

I also wonder what is taking so long from CSI...and for Phuong Lee as well...

BBM
It is so sad that one person's life is "worth more" than another's to our society based on some of these characteristics (at least as far as media attention). I think in Kayleah's case, she falls into the "possible runaway, not-so-innocent, seems-very-mature-for-her-age, not-from-an-ideal-family-that-I-can-empathise-with" category. Heck, she was just a young middle school aged girl! How unfair. All of society has a responsibility to look after those that can easily be taken advantage of.

I am heartened to see that there are so many caring people here on WS that cared deeply about Kayleah.

[Off soapbox now!]

I believe Robert Montoya is due back in court on June 15. Maybe we'll hear something new then.

eta
Robert Laurencio Montoya, 18, waived a hearing to reduce his $100,000 bond. A judge set his next court date for June 15.
Police say Montoya's arrest is "separate and distinct" from the murder case currently under investigation. They would not, however, exclude Montoya as a possible 'person of interest' in Kayleah's death.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-montoya-kayleah-case-txt,0,3222991.story

Thanks for that info, that is Tuesday, so will keep a close eye on that. I hope they have back some forensics...and can move forward.

It now has been 26 days since 12yo Kayleah's naked body was found in a drainage ditch - will Tuesday give us some info? How about an update?

Praying for Justice for Kayleah and for comfort and strength to her family. Hopefully all the dna and lab work is back and we will know more tuesday with Robert's hearing.

My friend's child was kidnapped many years ago and they are upper income. They were very aware of how minority children did not get attention.

So when the nation was focused on them, they did help get attention on minority and lower income children.

It's sad that it still seems to be the case.

According to the court docket for Weld County today, Robert Montoya has a 2pm appearance in district court, but I am not sure what it is for.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=141070&catid=339

GREELEY - Robert Laurencio Montoya, the 18-year-old man accused of having sex with Kayleah Wilson, is scheduled to appear in a Weld County courtroom Tuesday. Wilson's body was found in a Greeley drainage ditch May 19 after she went missing for nearly two months. She was 12 years old.

More at Link...

I am hoping they just don't have back evidence results and will end up charging this guy...it makes perfect sense to me that he could be the culprit, JMO.

Interesting comment by his aunt - from the above Greeley Trib article BBM

snip>
Montoya's aunt Michelle Galloway attended Tuesday's hearing and said she was there to show family support. After the hearing she said she doesn't think he was responsible for Kayleah's death.

“There could still be a killer out there,” Galloway said.
<snip

I pray every day that GPD is just waiting on results of some great forensic evidence against this ...

Kayleah's boyfriend in court Tuesday

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100615/NEWS/100619776/1051&ParentProfile=1001

snip> At Tuesday's hearing, Judge Marcelo Kopcow continued the case to July 22, where they will discuss bond reduction for Montoya. He is currently being held on $100,000 bond. <snip

When I went to read that I got an error message.

Invalid Article This is an invalid article or has been removed from our site.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100616/NEWS/100619776

This might be the same article? I Googled the article title and this came up. This one uses "ex-boyfriend" in the title.

It might be harder for the family to believe that a person they allowed into their home could do this...

Hearing set on Greeley sex-assault suspect's bail

By Bea Karnes, News First 5

Posted : Jun 16, 2010 6:33 AM
Updated: Jun 16, 2010 6:36 AM
A judge has scheduled a hearing on whether to lower the bail of an 18-year-old man accused of having a sexual relationship with a missing 12-year-old Greeley girl who was later found dead.

Robert Laurencio Montoya is being held instead of $100,000 bond on charges of sexual assault on a child.

More at link

I hope they are just waiting for forensics in order to add charges in this case...or that they really do have other suspects and forensics might help with that as well.

It saddens me that we still don't know anything. I search every day. We haven't forgotten about you, Kayleah! Not one bit.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back