CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think LE can look at the phones of his relatives. They could ask, of course, but they (his family) would be unlikely to hand them over. There is no legal reason why they should, imo.

If they are able to do a "tower dump" and obtain the phone numbers of all cell phones that accessed a tower on a particular date, then they can compare those numbers to the cell phone number of a suspect's known family, friends, and associates, and then if they see matches that look suspicious, then they could probably obtain a warrant to perform a more intrusive search.

Faraday cage.
I won't link, it can be found with a Google search.
Moo

Make your own with tin foil. Cheap :)

Somehow I just don't see PF being tech savvy. Especially after watching his dog training vids. I don't think he would know how to do fake pings or disabling phones. This is a big reason why I think he had an accomplice who DID know.

It has been reported that she moved there to be close to PF. If there where issues with PF the job takes a back seat. I'm actually witnessing this at my work place now! Coworker is completely sidetrack on the relationship issues and has lost focus on her job.
There's NO crying in baseball! (or the WORK place) This kind of behavior infuriates me to no end... but I digress

We also don't have reason to believe her work ethic caved after PF potentially ruined all things that were ever good in her life. We do know (I think??) that he watched baby during the week so she could continue working normal hours. IMO MOO

I think one of the common denominator’s in several of the cases I’ve seen is a man not wanting the life he has. They do seek affairs. They have good wives, good homes, lovely children, good families and family support. Their moral compass says I should want this, I have obligations and duties as a husband/father, I have family that expects me to live up to these good moral standards and do the right thing. To be a good man. But he doesn’t want any of it. He seeps in unhappiness, shame, guilt, low self worth- sees himself as a bad man. It festers and turns to rage, triggered by and towards the spouse/children he doesn’t want. Toxic shame is when he can’t walk away, divorce. He can’t shamefully abandon his family and moral duties. It becomes pathological and in a moment of triggered rage he lashes out, or in a heightened state of discontentment he devises a murder plan as a way out, illogically thinking he wont be caught. He will go to this extreme rather than walking away to avoid shame at any cost.

But in this situation, I think, he does want the life he had. He lives with his mother on a farm. Whether he likes the farm life or simply feels uncomfortable to get uprooted and work at his career is a question (someone described him as shy, so maybe the latter). How much diversity does the farm life offer relationship-wise is a question. One restaurant, everyone is known. I think it would be difficult, or maybe it is his shyness, or living with mom, anyhow, this 32-year old man is unmarried, his relationship with KB doesn't sound promising to me, but he has the daughter.

And he is 32, emotionally ready to have kids. And he and his mom spend a lot of time raising this baby. And I bet he is very much attached to her. The fact that he takes her everywhere now, I don't know how you view it, but if he is guilty, he probably unsure if he will raise her and wants to spend as much time with her as possible.

And I think whatever happened was an accident and his wish was not to change anything in his life, or be able to see the kid every day.

Somehow I just don't see PF being tech savvy. Especially after watching his dog training vids. I don't think he would know how to do fake pings or disabling phones. This is a big reason why I think he had an accomplice who DID know.
Makes me wonder if he had a girlfriend who helped him carry out this plan.

I don't think his mother is as disabled as he states, I think she was totally able to take care of the baby while he was away hiding the body and had the phone with him.
And I took the monocle to the published photos of house exterior, looking for handicap access, deck ramp, etc. deemed necessary for one that struggles to walk and I really didn't see anything like that. Just sayin...

MOO

But in this situation, I think, he does want the life he had. He lives with his mother on a farm. Whether he likes the farm life or simply feels uncomfortable to get uprooted and work at his career is a question (someone described him as shy, so maybe the latter). How much diversity does the farm life offer relationship-wise is a question. One restaurant, everyone is known. I think it would be difficult, or maybe it is his shyness, or living with mom, anyhow, this 32-year old man is unmarried, his relationship with KB doesn't sound promising to me, but he has the daughter.

And he is 32, emotionally ready to have kids. And he and his mom spend a lot of time raising this baby. And I bet he is very much attached to her. The fact that he takes her everywhere now, I don't know how you view it, but if he is guilty, he probably unsure if he will raise her and wants to spend as much time with her as possible.

And I think whatever happened was an accident and his wish was not to change anything in his life, or be able to see the kid every day.
BBM. How could it be an accident?

A friend of mine posted this video on facebook earlier today. Check this out---google can still track your phone even if you have no sim card and you have the phone on airplane mode.

I'm thinking that phone data is going to solve this case.

have you seen "The Creepy Line"? (Trailer linked below - hope this is OK!)

The stretch big tech goes to track humans makes the NSA look like novices. It's hard to imagine in this day and age ANYONE can "disappear".

I see many posters here claiming to be confused about Kelsey's disapearance.
I am not confused.
It is beyond rare for a Mother to go to Grandma's house without any announcement that she's coming.
I could go on and on about what is wrong with this whole story.
There is foul play here.
I repeat. There is foul play here.
Period.
I for one, am looking at one person.

I'm sure LE are following him closely but they don't want to show their cards right away.
I think an arrest is imminent.
moo
Hope you are correct. The suspense is what has my attention. Curious to know the full true narrative or what can be determined. Rather have KB show up alive and healthy even if it meant she was the culpable party but that appears extremely unlikely.

I see many posters here claiming to be confused about Kelsey's disapearance.
I am not confused.
It is beyond rare for a Mother to go to Grandma's house without any announcement that she's coming.
I could go on and on about what is wrong with this whole story.
There is foul play here.
I repeat. There is foul play here.
Period.
I for one, am looking at one person.

I think a lot of us agree with you, but unless LE has some kind of smoking gun they're hiding, there isn't much they can do yet. Until they can come up with tangible evidence that PF was involved, there's no way they can even think about an arrest and trial. MOO.

If they are able to do a "tower dump" and obtain the phone numbers of all cell phones that accessed a tower on a particular date, then they can compare those numbers to the cell phone number of a suspect's known family, friends, and associates, and then if they see matches that look suspicious, then they could probably obtain a warrant to perform a more intrusive search.

That reporter Sam did a piece on this airing tonight, apparently they could have retrieved those other numbers from tower data...if they had known within 3-5 days...that's the length they keep the data. ;(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.13.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.13.10 PM.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 21

Referring again to this article regarding this cell phone ping in Idaho and how the tower dumps work. The expert says towers only hold that data for three to five days. Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young said the texts and the ping happened on Nov. 25, but Berreth wasn’t reported missing by her mother until Dec. 2.

Cell phone data is key to cracking Berreth case, expert says

Well, here is statistics.

Percent of Women Killed by Husbands or Boyfriends - The Atlantic

"The CDC analyzed the murders of women in 18 states from 2003 to 2014, finding a total of 10,018 deaths. Of those, 55 percent were intimate partner violence-related, meaning they occurred at the hands of a former or current partner or the partner’s family or friends. In 93 percent of those cases, the culprit was a current or former romantic partner. The report also bucks the strangers-in-dark-alleys narrative common to televised crime dramas: Strangers perpetrated just 16 percent of all female homicides, fewer than acquaintances and just slightly more than parents
About a third of the time, the couple had argued right before the homicide took place, and about 12 percent of the deaths were associated with jealousy. The majority of the victims were under the age of 40, and 15 percent were pregnant. About 54 percent were gun deaths.".

So if we assume murder (not ready yet), then 55% chance - It was former romantic partner, PF most likely but someone else not excluded

In between (percentage wise) - acquaintance or parents - still need to know about her past life or someone obsessed with her?

16% - stranger

33% chance of arguing before death

12% chance the reason being jealousy

15% chance pregnancy

This is why, while LE seems to be focusing on PF, other options are still possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member