CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PF's barn is 1296 sqft, his house 2862 sqft. Looks like both the house and the barn both have porches/decks.

Addition was put on the house in 2006 - maybe that's why PF still lives there? Maybe he added his own place onto the house? It looks to have gas lines run, plumbing, HVAC vents. I'd assume that's a bathroom and either a kitchen or fireplace for gas? He would have been about 20 years old at that time. Speculation of course. The homeowner did the gas line and electric work themselves, they hired contractors for plumbing and HVAC.
I can't really see that. He is not affluent 12 years later, so I can't see him financing that at 20.

I’m wondering if PF sold some cattle and had them transported up to Gooding, Idaho or sent them to the auctions there? I looked it up and there’s several large cattle dealers and cattle auctions in the Gooding area.

I read that this is the the time of year that many cattle farmers send their cows to auction so they don’t have to feed/house them all Winter. If so, he could’ve hidden her phone inside a of cattle trailer and sent it to Gooding without physically having to go there himself.

JMO

Wouldn’t her phone have pinged the whole route though?

Are there any veteranians on here that could tell us about the effects of horse tranquilizers on humans?

How fast?

Immediate effects?

How they are applied?

I have been told a lot about them, but can not confirm

(From the previous thread).

This is interesting. Technically speaking, the term "horse tranquilizer" stands for Ketamine. Ketamine is a dissociative anesthetic originally used for humans. I actually had a minor surgery done under it decades ago and can say that it felt like a slightly stronger version of anesthesia one gets for endoscopy. Strange, but not totally unpleasant, feeling with no memory of event. My 3-year old kid, who had a minor surgery under it later, was hallucinating afterwards, also a known effect of the drug.

But because people respond to it differently, it got mixed with cocaine and sold on the streets under the name "special C", or "special K". Then it was banned for humans, and left for animals. Hence, "horse tranquilizer". Now it is used for treatment of depression. I heard of a person who committed suicide when using ketamine recreationally but don't know any details.

In all cases, horses or animals, Ketamine is used IV, or as a shot in the muscle.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/3
02663.php

(Interesting stuff about PTSD here).

However, it is very difficult (and illegal) to purchase it without a license and a DEA number.

Online, I found a list of sedating drugs for horses, mostly from what in people would amount to antipsychotic class. I doubt it is legal for a non-vet or a non-MD to purchase it, (but I have heard that people buy lots of things online, it is shocking how some don't care about their health).

These "tranquilizers" may be more dangerous than ketamine as not only sedation but drop of blood pressure might occur. All depends on the dose and person.

Anyhow, use without a license in a dog or a horse would be a criminal case, in humans, it would be way worse.

I have been wondering if one could put their cell phone in something (metal box?) and the cell phone would be impossible to be tracked by the cell tower. So, I googled how to hide a cell phone from a cell phone tower (can't remember the exact words). But, up came a youtube video entitled "How to stop cell phone GPS tracking". All you do is purchase a MIAmobi for around 8 bucks and if you want to be undetected, put your phone in this silver -lined black pouch. I assume this is legit and may be a method for Kelsey's phone to go off the grid and suddenly show up around Gooding.

It has been and remains a bizarre case bogged down by an unfortunate significant gap in time between KB’s last known contact and her being reported missing. Let’s face it, at this juncture it’s in the realm of very unlikely that KB actually sent those texts. So a 10 day gap with whatever happened to Kelsey transpiring most likely either the evening of the 22nd or the early part of the 23rd. With some likely cover up texts sent a few days later and otherwise silence. LE are amazing at what they do and it’s a good thing because those circumstances make this a tall order. One can hope that their mostly silence is an attempt at poker with their suspect/s. But it’s also possible that they just don’t know anything. Going to need the perp to make a mistake. And/or hope they’ve already made one that just hasn’t been disclosed yet

I'm guessing that after searching his ranch, they went back to her house to determined a crime scene. I don't think they have one yet, or maybe they got the results of the cell phones data and that leads them to her house for some reason.

I can’t imagine that it would be commonplace for her to text her employer last minute, and ask for a week off.

For most people, that would lead to them being a “former employee.”

In my office of 30 I have 4 people who are chronically absent for one reason or another. Two have relationship issues and have taken off for various reasons and often last minute. They won't be fired because they are going through "stuff" and with a few tears our employer has been flexible with them thus far. One takes a lot of vacations but plans them out to use the least pto days as possible but always seem to be gone and the other is always sick and has been told no more days off but is well liked so it's just kind of accepted.
Maybe KB falls into one of these categories?

This is interesting. Technically speaking, the term "horse tranquilizer" stands for Ketamine. Ketamine is a dissociative anesthetic originally used for humans. I actually had a minor surgery done under it decades ago and can say that it felt like a slightly stronger version of anesthesia one gets for endoscopy. Strange, but not totally unpleasant, feeling with no memory of event. My 3-year old kid, who had a minor surgery under it later, was hallucinating afterwards, also a known effect of the drug.

But because people respond to it differently, it got mixed with cocaine and sold on the streets under the name "special C", or "special K". Then it was banned for humans, and left for animals. Hence, "horse tranquilizer". Now it is used for treatment of depression. I heard of a person who committed suicide when using ketamine recreationally but don't know any details.

In all cases, horses or animals, Ketamine is used IV, or as a shot in the muscle.

02663.php

However, it is very difficult (and illegal) to purchase it without a license and a DEA number.

Online, I found a list of sedating drugs for horses, mostly from what in people would amount to antipsychotic class. I doubt it is legal for a non-vet or a non-MD to purchase it, (but I have heard that people buy lots of things online, it is shocking how some don't care about their health).

These "tranquilizers" may be more dangerous than ketamine as not only sedation but drop of blood pressure might occur. All depends on the dose and person.

Anyhow, use without a license in a dog or a horse would be a criminal case, in humans, it would be way worse.

Thank you for this interesting post, Charlot123!
Ketamine is a popular recreational drug here in the Pacific Northwest -- for humans.
My vet told me he doesn't like using Ketamine on small animals - cats and little dogs - because it can have an effect like LSD and its very stressful for the animal.
I always ask my vet now, if they use gas or ketamine for my cats when they have dentals. It took my cats at least 2 days to get back to normal after dental surgery when they used Ketamine in strong doses. They did better under gas.

And on a different note, I have often wished I had a horse tranquilizer for my chronic insomnia because the usuals don't work!!:p
moo

02663.php

Ketamine is still used as a pain killer and tranquiliser by EMT in Australia. My friend had a motor bike accident where she flew off her bike and hit a tree. It left 6inches of her femur in the trunk of the tree.
They gave her Ketamine before they moved her into a rescue helicopter to take her to hospital. She said that she could hear them and feel them moving her but she had no pain.
Her husband pulled out the piece of bone left in the tree with pliers.

In my office of 30 I have 4 people who are chronically absent for one reason or another. Two have relationship issues and have taken off for various reasons and often last minute. They won't be fired because they are going through "stuff" and with a few tears our employer has been flexible with them thus far. One takes a lot of vacations but plans them out to use the least pto days as possible but always seem to be gone and the other is always sick and has been told no more days off but is well liked so it's just kind of accepted.
Maybe KB falls into one of these categories?
Ha! I’d like to work there.

My guess is that her company didn’t have that level of flexibility, as they only have so many instructors to go around.

I imagine that the week was scheduled out, with instructors assigned to students at particular time periods.

I think that her not being there, would be a bigger deal than at most places of emnoloyment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985