CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of on topic, but off topic..
All these cases over the years involving seemingly and reported ‘nice’ men who have murdered spouses, spouses/children to have a different life has really compelled me to search for answers as to why. Why do they choose to murder? We all ask the same question- why didn’t he just divorce, leave, walk away? Instead they sit on death row or with life sentences, or commit suicide in the end- knowing the law is closing in. Some I’m sure get away with it, but most do not. I believe the answer is it is directly associated with ‘toxic shame’. When shame pathologically turns to rage we see these murders happening. I’ve been doing some very interesting reading on the subject and it offers very logical connections to this phenomenon we see happening over and over. There’s quite a bit of interesting material out there on the subject. And there’s my PSA for the day.

In many cases, it turns out to be financial...especially on “Snapped” lol, when women kill their husbands. Almost always a big insurance policy, or a business to inherit etc. Custody and child support/alimony is another one, especially if the killing spouse is having an affair. I read in one book that some men think it will cost less to have full custody, with wife out of the picture, than to share custody and pay.

But...if done in an instant, i.e not planned, then more likely jealousy, hurt pride, imo.

True, but we don't know how often she talked to her parents. They may not have realized anything was amiss. PF was taking care of their baby, though...if he was normally the primary caregiver and KB normally went a week without calling to check up on her daughter, then not reporting her missing wouldn't be a huge deal, but I really doubt that was the case. IMO, PF should have known something was wrong, whether he was involved or not.
Late last week KB's brother in law (brother's husband) had several quotes in the Daily Beast where he described brother, sister, and mother as close knit group that talked a couple times per week. He also described KB as somebody that doesn't warm up to people right away, and that KB focused on quality relationships, and not quantity. The fact that CB and KB allegedly talked twice on Thanksgiving Day seems to confirm that they kept in contact... and especially on days that KB had off. Several others have eluded to CB knowing when to contact KB at her convenience. MOO

Last edited:
Ok. I think I have it straight in my mind.
"Three days after disappearing, her cellphone pinged nearly 600 miles away in Gooding, Idaho, police said."
"Woodland Park Police said on Monday that a text message from Berreth was sent to Doss Aviation, a Pueblo, Colorado, flight school where she worked. The message said that Berreth would be taking the following week off."
"Patrick Frazee, also received a text from her phone on November 25, Police Chief Miles De Young said."
Text messages sent from missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth's phone days after going missing

Interesting to note, the FULL MOON was November 23rd???
This is my doodles...
Full moons give off a lot of light at night...
Moo

Attachments

• PicsArt_12-19-08.54.06.jpg
    PicsArt_12-19-08.54.06.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 46
With no history of domestic violence and no absolute proof that he's responsible for KB's disappearance, there's really not much they can do at this point. I'm sure LE is watching him like a hawk, though. At the first hint the baby could possibly be in danger, CYS will step in. MOO.
And it could be a minute too late.

Another , not so rosy, interpretation of today’s search is that the search of PFs house didn’t turn up much, if anything. LE is thinking they will just go back to square one and start over. Safeway is the last place she was seen, but her home is the last place they know she was.

I can’t, that’s for sure.

I’ve seen innocent people lawyer up, and refuse to grant interviews with the police and media.

I haven’t seen an innocent person fail to report a “loved one” missing, or make absolutely no effort to aid in the effort to find her.

There appears to be a long game being played here, “I don’t care what people think of me, as long as law enforcement can’t prove that I committed a crime.”

Hopefully this strategy backfires.

Spectacularly.

Thanks for keeping us focussed Massguy!

Locals, please tune in to KKTV at 10 pm. :)

Jessica Leicht on Twitter
Only @KKTV11News was there today as the @FBIDenver searched Kelsey Berreth's townhome. She's been missing since Thanksgiving. I'll have a live update on the case at 10:00 p.m. #KelseyBerreth #MissingPerson

Du0zETfXQAAhhpO.jpg

Du0zGIrW0AAa2du.jpg

Ok, please have patience as I do this septic search, toddler in stage 5 clinging mode tonight.

Here is what I see in terms of permits for PF's property... I need to go through each one

Edit 1: these all look to be a new addition to the house in 2004. New plumbing/electric, etc. No sewer info here... I'll keep looking

Edit 2: made a separate post about it, but looks like you need to fill out a form and pay $10 for septic location/information of the property: http://www.co.teller.co.us/PublicHealth/EnvironmentalHealth/SepticSearchForm-CDSD2018.pdf

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.05.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.05.13 PM.png
    240.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I really wonder what she was buying at Safeway, I mean did she leave the Cinnamon buns to go to the store? Or did she buy the ingredients for the cinnamon buns. I am ignoring everyone's timeline here. If the cinnamon buns were left was that b4 or after the trip to the store?

I think one of the common denominator’s in several of the cases I’ve seen is a man not wanting the life he has. They do seek affairs. They have good wives, good homes, lovely children, good families and family support. Their moral compass says I should want this, I have obligations and duties as a husband/father, I have family that expects me to live up to these good moral standards and do the right thing. To be a good man. But he doesn’t want any of it. He seeps in unhappiness, shame, guilt, low self worth- sees himself as a bad man. It festers and turns to rage, triggered by and towards the spouse/children he doesn’t want. Toxic shame is when he can’t walk away, divorce. He can’t shamefully abandon his family and moral duties. It becomes pathological and in a moment of triggered rage he lashes out, or in a heightened state of discontentment he devises a murder plan as a way out, illogically thinking he wont be caught. He will go to this extreme rather than walking away to avoid shame at any cost.

12-14-18 PF's property search
12-15-18 Kelsey's door sealed and dated. PF's property search ends late in the evening.
12-17-18 PF spotted at waste management with two other men in two vehicles discarding items from a long trailer.
12-18-18 LE is seen at waste management taking aways items that were disposed by PF and "helpers".
12-18-18 LE goes back to PF's property for a "routine visit" based on the initial search
12-19-18 LE spends day at Kelsey's home bringing items in but not seen removing items.
---------------------
So during the search out at PF's they leave go to KB's and seal and take her door?
Did I read that right?

Last edited:
I really wonder what she was buying at Safeway, I mean did she leave the Cinnamon buns to go to the store? Or did she buy the ingredients for the cinnamon buns. I am ignoring everyone's timeline here. If the cinnamon buns were left was that b4 or after the trip to the store?
Her brother posted that she made them for breakfast. I presume he learned that from his mother since CB talked to KB twice that day, but I don't know that for a fact.
MOO

It was asked in the previous thread "what is the maximum distance a tower can be pinged from", in part to analyze the hypothesis that the ping from KB's phone was sent from an extended range via some sort of booster. I replied in that thread but want to repeat here.

I am an engineer although not a cell phone engineer. After digging deeply into the technical documentation of various cell phone protocols I've come up with the following absolute distance limits:

GSM: 35 km (21 miles)
"Extended Range" GSM: 70 km (42 miles)
LTE: 100 km (62 miles)

These limits are due to timing and not signal strength.

Without geeking out into the details, here is how a ping works:

Tower: Have any new phones wandered into my range?
Phone: I'm a phone!
Tower: Who are you?
Phone: I'm KB's phone!

Until the last message completes the phone has not identified itself. However, the cell phone standards requires that these messages happen with very strict timing. And that timing dictates that even for radio signals traveling at the speed of light, the sending phone isn't going to be further away than the standard allows.

Bottom line: The theory of a cowboy in his truck on a mountain in Colorado sticking up an antenna and pinging a tower in Idaho is impossible.

Source: I looked at about two dozen documents to figure this out. A very concise, although technical, description of the distance limit can be found in this document.

Thanks for the great explanation. I'm a Network/Telecom Engineer. I specialize in PBX - Avaya platform. I'm not a cell phone engineer. However, I've helped support mobile services and devices when needed over the years. I basically know enough about cell phones and the technology and logistics to be dangerous.

12-14-18 PF's property search
12-15-18 Kelsey's door sealed and dated. PF's property search ends late in the evening.
12-17-18 PF spotted at waste management with two other men in two vehicles discarding items from a long trailer.
12-18-18 LE is seen at waste management taking aways items that were disposed by PF and "helpers".
12-18-18 LE goes back to PF's property for a "routine visit" based on the initial search
12-19-18 LE spends day at Kelsey's home bringing items in but not seen removing items.
---------------------
So during the search out at PF's they leave go to KB's and seal and take her door?
Did I read that right?

I don't know that they left to go to KB's and seal it. The sealed tape shows the date of 12-15 via this tweet tonight Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Another , not so rosy, interpretation of today’s search is that the search of PFs house didn’t turn up much, if anything. LE is thinking they will just go back to square one and start over. Safeway is the last place she was seen, but her home is the last place they know she was.

I agree, I think that LE might have found something in PF’s trash that actually disproved their theory about him. JMO

Keeping in mind it is highly unlikely that PF’s ranch had curbside trash service and taking trash to the dump would be a normal occurrence for the ranch

If he is guilty, then he went to all the effort to create a ping in Idaho with her cell phone. Then never report her missing for so many days, as well as somehow keeping her family from reporting her missing or any coworkers or friends. All the while destroying evidence and hiding her body and taking care of a 15 month old. And when KB was reported missing keeping complete silence (and keeping his family silent) and lawyering up.

But then he put something incriminating in his trash??? If the trash incriminates him then he wanted to get caught. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444