CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of on topic, but off topic..
All these cases over the years involving seemingly and reported ‘nice’ men who have murdered spouses, spouses/children to have a different life has really compelled me to search for answers as to why. Why do they choose to murder? We all ask the same question- why didn’t he just divorce, leave, walk away? Instead they sit on death row or with life sentences, or commit suicide in the end- knowing the law is closing in. Some I’m sure get away with it, but most do not. I believe the answer is it is directly associated with ‘toxic shame’. When shame pathologically turns to rage we see these murders happening. I’ve been doing some very interesting reading on the subject and it offers very logical connections to this phenomenon we see happening over and over. There’s quite a bit of interesting material out there on the subject. And there’s my PSA for the day.
Also can't discount the fact that psychopaths literally have less gray matter in their brains, and think completely differently than 'normal' people, so it is all but impossible for us to understand what they are thinking.

I can’t, that’s for sure.

I’ve seen innocent people lawyer up, and refuse to grant interviews with the police and media.

I haven’t seen an innocent person fail to report a “loved one” missing, or make absolutely no effort to aid in the effort to find her.

There appears to be a long game being played here, “I don’t care what people think of me, as long as law enforcement can’t prove that I committed a crime.”

Hopefully this strategy backfires.

Spectacularly.
I'm in full agreement.

I know we can’t take back the time that elapsed, unfortunately, but the more I think of CB hearing from PF that KB had texted that she’d be away for a week, unbeknownst to anyone until the 11th hour before the workweek, the more I think that it is only her trust in PF that kept her satisfied” for the time being. Though we don’t know KB, I think it’s fair to say that most people don’t bail on a whole week of work at the last minute unless there’s a death or significant family crisis, which CB would have known about. Unlike SW’s mom who immediately knew something was seriously wrong, and that CW was likely involved, as he had been acting very strangely, CB really had to trust PF’s take on the situation since she only knew him as an apparent “caring fiancé” and person who would have a pulse on her day to day life in CO.

It was asked in the previous thread "what is the maximum distance a tower can be pinged from", in part to analyze the hypothesis that the ping from KB's phone was sent from an extended range via some sort of booster. I replied in that thread but want to repeat here.

I am an engineer although not a cell phone engineer. After digging deeply into the technical documentation of various cell phone protocols I've come up with the following absolute distance limits:

GSM: 35 km (21 miles)
"Extended Range" GSM: 70 km (42 miles)
LTE: 100 km (62 miles)

These limits are due to timing and not signal strength.

Without geeking out into the details, here is how a ping works:

Tower: Have any new phones wandered into my range?
Phone: I'm a phone!
Tower: Who are you?
Phone: I'm KB's phone!

Until the last message completes the phone has not identified itself. However, the cell phone standards requires that these messages happen with very strict timing. And that timing dictates that even for radio signals traveling at the speed of light, the sending phone isn't going to be further away than the standard allows.

Bottom line: The theory of a cowboy in his truck on a mountain in Colorado sticking up an antenna and pinging a tower in Idaho is impossible.

Source: I looked at about two dozen documents to figure this out. A very concise, although technical, description of the distance limit can be found in this document.
Thank you...Excellent, detailed-information!

Also can't discount the fact that psychopaths literally have less gray matter in their brains, and think completely differently than 'normal' people, so it is all but impossible for us to understand what they are thinking.
I’m not saying all who murder fall into this category by all means. But I do believe it is relevant in many of the cases. It’s a specific pathology. Many murdering psychopaths have no conflicted moral compass to begin with.

Another , not so rosy, interpretation of today’s search is that the search of PFs house didn’t turn up much, if anything. LE is thinking they will just go back to square one and start over. Safeway is the last place she was seen, but her home is the last place they know she was.

"her home is the last place they know she was," unless her phone pinged closer to the ranch later that afternoon. Which may explain why LE are focusing on PF and not on a "random" stalker scenario.

Another thing, LE must have her cell logs by now and that's another thing PF can't manipulate. I'm certain they are also looking at the other calls she made prior to going missing that would have allowed them to ruled out that she may have been meeting someone else that night.

Someone took that phone to Idaho to spin an alibi for PF, either himself or someone else. I wonder when the text was read in CO and by whom.

I believe she left her house with someone fully expecting to return. Absent any other person in her life I suspect it was PF. I have a hard time believing there was another man in her life and if there was, I think LE would know this already.

I think one of the common denominator’s in several of the cases I’ve seen is a man not wanting the life he has. They do seek affairs. They have good wives, good homes, lovely children, good families and family support. Their moral compass says I should want this, I have obligations and duties as a husband/father, I have family that expects me to live up to these good moral standards and do the right thing. To be a good man. But he doesn’t want any of it. He seeps in unhappiness, shame, guilt, low self worth- sees himself as a bad man. It festers and turns to rage, triggered by and towards the spouse/children he doesn’t want. Toxic shame is when he can’t walk away, divorce. He can’t shamefully abandon his family and moral duties. It becomes pathological and in a moment of triggered rage he lashes out, or in a heightened state of discontentment he devises a murder plan as a way out, illogically thinking he wont be caught. He will go to this extreme rather than walking away to avoid shame at any cost.
Many of these murderers and FA's lack empathy, they like to control and manipulate, and are sociopaths.

They know the difference between right and wrong, they choose to ignore it because they are so selfish.

I don't think they see themselves as bad men.

Look at Drew and Scott and Michael Peterson. Look at Chris Watts.

They were arrogant, selfish and cruel. They did not appear to have low self-esteem at all, just the opposite.

moo

"her home is the last place they know she was," unless her phone pinged closer to the ranch later that afternoon. Which may explain why LE are focusing on PF and not on a "random" stalker scenario.

Another thing, LE must have her cell logs by now and that's another thing PF can't manipulate. I'm certain they are also looking at the other calls she made prior to going missing that would have allowed them to ruled out that she may have been meeting someone else that night.

Someone took that phone to Idaho to spin an alibi for PF, either himself or someone else. I wonder when the text was read in CO and by whom.

I believe she left her house with someone fully expecting to return. Absent any other person in her life I suspect it was PF. I have a hard time believing there was another man in her life and if there was, I think LE would know this already.

If someone took the phone to Idaho for him to get a ping, maybe LE should check his friends/family members phones to see if they pinged there as well?

I agree, I think that LE might have found something in PF’s trash that actually disproved their theory about him. JMO

Keeping in mind it is highly unlikely that PF’s ranch had curbside trash service and taking trash to the dump would be a normal occurrence for the ranch

If he is guilty, then he went to all the effort to create a ping in Idaho with her cell phone. Then never report her missing for so many days, as well as somehow keeping her family from reporting her missing or any coworkers or friends. All the while destroying evidence and hiding her body and taking care of a 15 month old. And when KB was reported missing keeping complete silence (and keeping his family silent) and lawyering up.

But then he put something incriminating in his trash??? If the trash incriminates him then he wanted to get caught. MOO

I am dubious about how much 'care' he does take of his daughter, I think any man living with his mum is going to use his mum for babysitting- so if it is his routine to be out all day and leave K with his mum he has scope to move around freely.
And even the most sophisticated crims make mistakes, so I don't necessarily believe he is the worlds most fastidious - he might want to rid himself of evidence after the fact. Maybe he kept a trophy and now its way too dangerous to hold on to it so goes to dispose it.

With no history of domestic violence and no absolute proof that he's responsible for KB's disappearance, there's really not much they can do at this point. I'm sure LE is watching him like a hawk, though. At the first hint the baby could possibly be in danger, CYS will step in. MOO.

Sadly, this is the case. Who was the woman killed by her soon to be ex husband during Hurricane Harvey? He had the kids with him for quite awhile after he killed her.

Actually, LE may know where she went after she left her home if she had "Location" enabled on her phone and if they have been able to retrieve that information from her cell provider.

Not sure if this helps with anything, but putting it here just in case. Some soil and crop data for PF's property. So about 73% trees on the 35 acres

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.30.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.30.24 PM.png
    339.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.30.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.30.33 PM.png
    45 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.30.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.30.45 PM.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 37
Many of these murderers and FA's lack empathy, they like to control and manipulate, and are sociopaths.

They know the difference between right and wrong, they choose to ignore it because they are so selfish.

I don't think they see themselves as bad men.

Look at Drew and Scott and Michael Peterson. Look at Chris Watts.

They were arrogant, selfish and cruel. They did not appear to have low self-esteem at all, just the opposite.

moo
I do think their ability to empathize is impaired. Either organically from the getgo or possibly as a defensive mechanism situationally as the unwanted spouse/children become the barriers to their ‘happiness’.

Last edited:
I do think their ability to emphasize is impaired. Either organically from the getgo or possibly as a defensive mechanism situationally as the unwanted spouse/children become the barriers to their ‘happiness’.
IMHO its more likely an OFFENSIVE mechanism rather than a defensive one.

They appear to be nice and reasonable (a passive-aggressive form of control) but inside they are seething with rage and want to dominate and control the situation so they benefit from the outcome.

Most are arrogant enough to think they can outwit LE.
They are usually proved wrong.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members