CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of these murderers and FA's lack empathy, they like to control and manipulate, and are sociopaths.

They know the difference between right and wrong, they choose to ignore it because they are so selfish.

I don't think they see themselves as bad men.

Look at Drew and Scott and Michael Peterson. Look at Chris Watts.

They were arrogant, selfish and cruel. They did not appear to have low self-esteem at all, just the opposite.

moo
Arrogance isn’t self esteem. It’s confabulated self worth. Sociopaths for sure. And I think killing your spouse and or children for a different life is also sociopathic. One of the paths to sociopathy is what I’m describing.

It was asked in the previous thread "what is the maximum distance a tower can be pinged from", in part to analyze the hypothesis that the ping from KB's phone was sent from an extended range via some sort of booster. I replied in that thread but want to repeat here.

I am an engineer although not a cell phone engineer. After digging deeply into the technical documentation of various cell phone protocols I've come up with the following absolute distance limits:

GSM: 35 km (21 miles)
"Extended Range" GSM: 70 km (42 miles)
LTE: 100 km (62 miles)

These limits are due to timing and not signal strength.

Without geeking out into the details, here is how a ping works:

Tower: Have any new phones wandered into my range?
Phone: I'm a phone!
Tower: Who are you?
Phone: I'm KB's phone!

Until the last message completes the phone has not identified itself. However, the cell phone standards requires that these messages happen with very strict timing. And that timing dictates that even for radio signals traveling at the speed of light, the sending phone isn't going to be further away than the standard allows.

Bottom line: The theory of a cowboy in his truck on a mountain in Colorado sticking up an antenna and pinging a tower in Idaho is impossible.

Source: I looked at about two dozen documents to figure this out. A very concise, although technical, description of the distance limit can be found in this document.
Thanks for the info. This should be posted whenever cell phone pings are mentioned on forums.

This case makes me so sad! Here we are, Thread 11, and we don't seem to know anymore. Granted I'm sure LE knows a good bit and they are staying tight lipped for good reason...but so close to the holidays and that poor baby and KB's family

Arrogance isn’t self esteem.
I agree, its not, to normal people. But these killers hold themselves in high self-esteem and display arrogance even when confronted with their crimes. Look at Drew Peterson for example. He was smirking and pompous for the cameras when he was placed under arrest. I think he's a disgusting, cowardly worm, but I believe that in *his* mind he thinks is right and everyone else is wrong.
moo

edited for grammar.

IMHO its more likely an OFFENSIVE mechanism rather than a defensive one.

They appear to be nice and reasonable (a passive-aggressive form of control) but inside they are seething with rage and want to dominate and control the situation so they benefit from the outcome.

Most are arrogant enough to think they can outwit LE.
They are usually proved wrong.

moo

Exactly. And most are spectacularly bad at covering their tracks.

I imagine they would have shut their phones off or left them at home. No point providing an alibi for PF and forgetting about your own.

Good point - but they may have taken a burner phone - I doubt anyone would travel that far without communication of some sort. I’m sure the burner phone would be long gone by now.

I agree, its not, to normal people. But these killers hold themselves in high self-esteem and display arrogance even when confronted with their crimes. Look at Drew Peterson for example. He was smirking and pompous for the cameras when he was placed under arrest. I think he's a disgusting, cowardly worm, but I believe that in *his* mind he is right and everyone else is wrong.
moo
He is completely disassociated with feelings of shame for what he did. Pathology right there.

I don’t think LE can look at the phones of his relatives. They could ask, of course, but they (his family) would be unlikely to hand them over. There is no legal reason why they should, imo.

If someone took her phone to Idaho, I think someone had a client in that area and took the opportunity to create a diversion.

I’m wondering if PF sold some cattle and had them transported up to Gooding, Idaho or sent them to the auctions there? I looked it up and there’s several large cattle dealers and cattle auctions in the Gooding area.

I read that this is the the time of year that many cattle farmers send their cows to auction so they don’t have to feed/house them all Winter. If so, he could’ve hidden her phone inside a of cattle trailer and sent it to Gooding without physically having to go there himself.

JMO

Last edited:
Arrogance isn’t self esteem. It’s confabulated self worth. Sociopaths for sure. And I think killing your spouse and or children for a different life is also sociopathic. One of the paths to sociopathy is what I’m describing.
Thank you for elaborating.

PF's barn is 1296 sqft, his house 2862 sqft. Looks like both the house and the barn both have porches/decks.

Addition was put on the house in 2006 - maybe that's why PF still lives there? Maybe he added his own place onto the house? It looks to have gas lines run, plumbing, HVAC vents. I'd assume that's a bathroom and either a kitchen or fireplace for gas? He would have been about 20 years old at that time. Speculation of course. The homeowner did the gas line and electric work themselves, they hired contractors for plumbing and HVAC.

I’m wondering if PF sold some cattle and had them transported up to Gooding, Idaho or sent them up to the auctions there? I looked it up and there’s several large cattle dealers and cattle auctions in the Gooding area.

I read that this is the the time of year that many cattle farmers send their cows to auction so they don’t have to feed/house them all Winter. If so, he could’ve hidden her phone inside a of cattle trailer and sent it to Gooding without physically having to go there himself.

JMO
I looked at those too but didn't find any auctions for 11/22 - 11/25.
MOO

I know we can’t take back the time that elapsed, unfortunately, but the more I think of CB hearing from PF that KB had texted that she’d be away for a week, unbeknownst to anyone until the 11th hour before the workweek, the more I think that it is only her trust in PF that kept her satisfied” for the time being. Though we don’t know KB, I think it’s fair to say that most people don’t bail on a whole week of work at the last minute unless there’s a death or significant family crisis, which CB would have known about. Unlike SW’s mom who immediately knew something was seriously wrong, and that CW was likely involved, as he had been acting very strangely, CB really had to trust PF’s take on the situation since she only knew him as an apparent “caring fiancé” and person who would have a pulse on her day to day life in CO.
Playing devils advocate, do we know that she was a good employee and didn't call out last minute often? We haven't heard from the employer correct?

Playing devils advocate, do we know that she was a good employee and didn't call out last minute often? We haven't heard from the employer correct?
I can’t imagine that it would be commonplace for her to text her employer last minute, and ask for a week off.

For most people, that would lead to them being a “former employee.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member