CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that we don’t see any evidence of PF’s 4th Amendment rights being violated. The search of his home, property and vehicles has been pursuant to lawfully obtained warrants. The search of KB’s home does not implicate PF’s rights. It could be that the judge acted hastily and issued the warrant without meeting the probable cause standard (doubtful) or that the search exceeded the warrant’s scope (also doutful).

It's pretty obvious with the search warrant their looking at him, but LE hasn't officially announced him as a suspect or POI. Therefore, they don't feel it's necessary to say he's not.
IDK - JMO

They have very purposefully not cleared him IMO. The press conferences did nothing but draw attention to PF and I think LE intended that. The labels (suspect, POI) are semantics in this case. I think it’s obvious how they are treating him.

This is a good article that came out recently about Mollie's case. Gives a good idea of how investigations can go, how they consider leads, etc: APNewsBreak: 4 faced scrutiny before arrest in Tibbetts case

That is a good article and it shows how critical the cell phone information is. They literally could track the rate of movement of the phone to know she was initially running and then all of a sudden was in a car. So they knew she hadn't been killed on her running route. Then they can find out what other cell phones are in the vicinity. Another reason PF is not talking because then they can't trip him up as easily with where he was at different times in the afternoon. The problem is in a small town like they are in there probably is only one cell tower to ping off of.

It's pretty obvious with the search warrant their looking at him, but LE hasn't officially announced him as a suspect or POI. Therefore, they don't feel it's necessary to say he's not.
IDK - JMO
From what I’ve seen, most LE go by a playbook that has been born out of the experiences and best practices of other LE. (When an incriminating dashcam video of police activity comes out, note how often you hear a police chief say, “I Watched the video and was disturbed by what I saw” in almost always those exact words - because they’ve found from watching other LE do it, that it is effective in appeasing the public).

They used to be pretty specific in calling out people as POIs and saying who has been cleared and who hasn’t.

But they had some bad experiences with saying someone was cleared who ended up becoming a suspect, or vice versa. And at some point they talked amongst themselves and said, “You know what? We have nothing to gain by painting ourselves into a corner. Let’s just keep things generic and say things like ‘we’re open to all possibilities and we are not naming a suspect or POI at this time’. Then surprise, a short time later they make an arrest.

I don’t blame them - I would do the exact same thing.

From what I’ve seen, most LE go by a playbook that has been born out of the experiences and best practices of other LE. (When an incriminating dashcam video of police activity comes out, note how often you hear a police chief say, “I Watched the video and was disturbed by what I saw” in almost always those exact words - because they’ve found from watching other LE do it, that it is effective in appeasing the public).

They used to be pretty specific in calling out people as POIs and saying who has been cleared and who hasn’t.

But they had some bad experiences with saying someone was cleared who ended up becoming a suspect, or vice versa. And at some point they talked amongst themselves and said, “You know what? We have nothing to gain by painting ourselves into a corner. Let’s just keep things generic and say things like ‘we’re open to all possibilities and we are not naming a suspect or POI at this time’. Then surprise, a short time later they make an arrest.

I don’t blame them - I would do the exact same thing.

I agree - they have their reasons.
jmo

Sometimes when I see our HOV lanes I think, good we don't have cameras everywhere yet, but in cases of disappearance, I wish we had more cameras along the routes!

SP was the biggest liar ever. He was looking for Laci but calling his mistress from the vigil saying he was in Paris. SP is not a good example, and the police knew he was lying.
I was saying even that liar at least “played” the part of a caring husband, regardless if LE knew he was lying, he at least put on a “show”. PF could at least pretend to care, IMO.

She might have sent a text to her boss specifically, saying she had a flu and was very ill, and was staying at home. That she has laryngitis and can not speak, and that her nose and ears are congested so she can't fly. Something that makes sense in the flu season. She could ask for the sick leave of vacation time to be used.
Reports indicate KB sent text to her employer on Sunday. If KB was ill as you describe, it would follow that KB would likely contact her employer again during the week to update on her condition, and when she was returning. I believe LE actions are being driven by KB's phone records. Especially if her phone activity was silent from 11/22 forward, except for 2 text messages sent on 11/25.

She is the mother of his child. He has not asked anyone to search for her, issued even a statement saying, “KB please come home for the sake of our daughter!” He has not distributed one flyer. Some say, “Well she is in rehab.” We don’t have any proof of her having any issues. If she did, and was in Rehab, LE would know that by now. They have said this is highly suspicious and the FBI is involved. She is missing, it’s suspicious and he is the coldest fiancé I have ever seen.
AMEN!!!

I was saying even that liar at least “played” the part of a caring husband, regardless if LE knew he was lying, he at least put on a “show”. PF could at least pretend to care, IMO.

I don't want to get off on a tangent, but SP's lies look sick to me. It is if one has to invent a new disease/syndrome for him.

My concern is not lack of pretending. I am thinking, if PF is innocent, when she just disappeared, how would one not rush to the police to help? PF did a lot to save own skin, but (just imagine) if he were innocent and she was alive on Dec 2, he did everything to harm her more. MOO.

As a mom, you would be able to.If your daughter put your name on the contact lits. If she didn't, they would not tell you.

I am not implying necessarily that this is what has happened. But mom probably heard something that to her made sense to not look. For the whole week, from 25 th till Dec 2nd.

misconceptions about HIPAA:

“A health care provider or health plan may also share relevant information if you are not around or cannot give permission when a health care provider or plan representative believes, based on professional judgment, that sharing the information is in your best interest.”

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/f...standing/consumers/sharing-family-friends.pdf

I don't want to get off on a tangent, but SP's lies look sick to me. It is if one has to invent a new disease/syndrome for him.

My concern is not lack of pretending. I am thinking, if PF is innocent, when she just disappeared, how would one not rush to the police to help? PF did a lot to save own skin, but (just imagine) if he were innocent and she was alive on Dec 2, he did everything to harm her more. MOO.
Oh I agree, SP is one sick puppy (even the initials match lol)

And I agree with you, if PF is innocent his first move would/should have been to contact LE and be concerned when KB did not return from her trip.

Hypothetically speaking, say PF realizes that Kelsey is mia, his first calls would be to her family, her friends and then if still nothing, wouldn't you think he would call one of his family members that's LE? They would surely tell him how important the first few hours of a missing persons case are, if he didn't already know that. Yet he remained and remains silent. How can he justify this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper