CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #12 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. That bothers me too. There are several things that are inconsistent with a calculated clean up and staging.

For example, why go to the dump publicly?

Why not stash her suitcases somewhere to give the appearance she left.

Why not send texts from her phone from random places around town for a couple days.

Why not change the location of one of her cars?

Why not play the grieving fiancé role and plead for her safe return while still using lawyers to communicate with LE?

I wonder if the answer is just PF knew enough to clean and dispose of the body and phone somewhere far away, but he wasn’t sophisticated enough to think through all the surrounding details.
I think he had expected to have more time to stage things, but her mother called police. I also think he may have planned it as a man. In other words, a man wouldn't necessarily pack a suitcase if he were going somewhere for a week, he might just grab his wallet and figure he'd get what he needed when he got to his destination. Or he wanted to make it look like KB deserted her family and baby.

PF legitimately seems to not care. Why put in all that effort? It's scary how much he hasn't cared.

Interesting take. A lot has been said about the possibilities surrounding KB's state of mind, but little of PF's. There have been plenty of crimes in the past committed by people who had just stopped caring for anything in life, and didn't really care if they got caught either.

I think he had expected to have more time to stage things, but her mother called police. I also think he may have planned it as a man. In other words, a man wouldn't necessarily pack a suitcase if he were going somewhere for a week, he might just grab his wallet and figure he'd get what he needed when he got to his destination. Or he wanted to make it look like KB deserted her family and baby.
Mom didn't report her missing until Dec 2 though. (Linked previously)
He had 10 days. And enough time to do the Idaho thing.

Mom didn't report her missing until Dec 2 though. (Linked previously)
He had 10 days. And enough time to do the Idaho thing.
I've had a month to put up a tree, decorate my home, bake 10 kinds of cookies and wrap presents. I can tell you I haven't reach those goals because life happened. The same may have happened with him. The baby could've gotten sick, work was more than he expected or maybe (lucky for LE) he got sick and couldn't finish staging things the way he had planned.

I question whether they had arranged for him to come over at 12:30 with the purpose of exchanging the kid. Assuming she drove her own car to the grocery store it seems far more likely that she'd revise the existing plans and just drop the kid off to him. I suspect everything the child needed (i.e. clothes, diapers,...) was already at his home.

JMO
I agree and I have never liked the use of the word "exchanged" in this case regarding how he ended up with the child that day.
"Taken" is more like it to me because I think she had planned on spending a nice quiet Thanksgiving holiday meal with her own child that day. And if he felt he needed to have child present at his own family gathering, well, there is the motive.

The key to that theory will be her receipt at the grocery store. If she had bought actual dinner supplies like a ham or thawed turkey breast and if that was still in her fridge well that points to her plans to stay at home and LE will have a good idea of what went down at her home.

All JMO

I've had a month to put up a tree, decorate my home, bake 10 kinds of cookies and wrap presents. I can tell you I haven't reach those goals because life happened. The same may have happened with him. The baby could've gotten sick, work was more than he expected or maybe (lucky for LE) he got sick and couldn't finish staging things the way he had planned.
May have, I agree. But if he had just killed KB, I'm thinking cleaning up and covering up was of the utmost urgency to him, and everything else would wait. I would even say he would be frantic to get it done, as in never knowing when someone would miss her and report it. This is all jmo, of course.

Interesting take. A lot has been said about the possibilities surrounding KB's state of mind, but little of PF's. There have been plenty of crimes in the past committed by people who had just stopped caring for anything in life, and didn't really care if they got caught either.

True enough but PF retained a lawyer so if there’s one thing he seems to care about it’s not going to jail for this, innocent or guilty. He’s been mostly apathetic, but not when it comes to that. Or media on his property

CNN's @pvercammencnn reports: Kelsey Berreth's aunt claims Kelsey broke up with her fiance before just before she disappeared. Kelsey hasn't been seen since Nov. 22.

Morning Express with Robin Meade on Twitter

(Video at link)
It does say "he said", so that would indicate the break up and the travelling to Soap Lake was something PF told the aunt (or PF told someone that). However, through his attorney he said the relationship was fine.

It does say "he said", so that would indicate the break up and the travelling to Soap Lake was something PF told the aunt (or PF told someone that). However, through his attorney he said the relationship was fine.

JMO
I suspect LE has been able to determine inconsistencies like this. If she was murdered in the middle of an argument and it was not pre-planned then a perp tends to make a lot of mistakes moreso than a carefully planned abduction and murder.

As time went on the perp would begin to think of more things that they need to "coverup" or change the story to better fit the excuses they are coming up with. Which could also explain the need to make multiple trips to the garbage dump.

The window of time PF had to cover up = the time he thought he had.

Not the time he actually had (10 days).

If PF is involved in Kelsey's disappearance, I am thinking it is not premeditated. If the condo is the crime scene, this would be a spontaneous act. You wouldn't plan a violent crime in the middle of the day, with people around, in town.

If PF committed a serious crime that afternoon, I think he would react quickly afterwards, rather than calmly plan next steps- since he hasn't done this before. He doesn't know what to do. Best guess is that he would want to get away from what he had done- quickly. And can't bring a body out in daylight, he'd think he would be seen. So he'd leave the condo in a panic.

And then on the drive home, it would dawn on him that all eyes would focus on him, no one else. In his mind, the clock would be ticking, someone would be missing her, someone would check on her within a day. Whatever he would do, would have to be done that night, IMO.

Maybe LE just found video evidence he was back at the condo that night. Late night. After he told police the last time he saw Kelsey was at the baby exchange that afternoon. That would be damning circumstantial evidence.

And if PF went back to remove a body at night, this kind of makes the disposal more difficult. On back roads, headlights expose your location. You'd want to be careful whose land you were on. Not as easy to go tromping through the woods at night. So if the body was dumped at night, maybe it is not as well hidden as we would think.

He may be sitting there every night, wondering when the body will be found.

JMO
I suspect LE has been able to determine inconsistencies like this. If she was murdered in the middle of an argument and it was not pre-planned then a perp tends to make a lot of mistakes moreso than a carefully planned abduction and murder.

As time went on the perp would begin to think of more things that they need to "coverup" or change the story to better fit the excuses they are coming up with. Which could also explain the need to make multiple trips to the garbage dump.
He would have to be pretty stupid to be taking evidence to the dump now. But LE still have to cover all his tracks in the event he is just that stupid. They didn’t find it during the search of his property, so now he’ll take to the dump with all eyes on him? That doesn’t make much sense.

Last edited:
May have, I agree. But if he had just killed KB, I'm thinking cleaning up and covering up was of the utmost urgency to him, and everything else would wait. I would even say he would be frantic to get it done, as in never knowing when someone would miss her and report it. This is all jmo, of course.
Logical, but he probably also needed to keep up with whatever his every day routines are to prevent suspicion, assuming he didn’t have cooperation of others, which is also a big question.

He would have to be pretty stupid to be taking evidence to the dump now. But LE still have to cover all his tracks in the event he is just that stupid.
Many killers are "stupid" in the sense of hiding evidence. I don't understand why folks keep comparing killers to regular folks like ourselves. Something is obviously seriously wrong and deranged- they don't think like we do, with clear minds. All they know is that if they have any evidence of committing a crime, they need to dump it, and in some cases, it's in such an obvious place that it makes everyone else shake their heads.

If he kept the evidence in his truck or home or property, he'd be considered stupid as well, right?

Truly hoping for news today that the case has advanced significantly and an arrest is imminent. I want her family to have some answers for Christmas. I’m placing lots of hope in him breaking down with the burden.

Because of their daughter, (if PF is the father) choosing a Christmas tree may have been planned.
Seeing one another romantically, need not be a factor.
Perhaps a child that age, may not understand, but sharing this, as parents may have been the idea.

I think this, because CB spoke of the possibility of KB obtaining a tree, and KB going out.
But, I believe, perhaps an argument occurred, and things changed.
MOO.
Did I read that the tree was taken from the home of KB?
Moo

Many killers are "stupid" in the sense of hiding evidence. I don't understand why folks keep comparing killers to regular folks like ourselves. Something is obviously seriously wrong and deranged- they don't think like we do, with clear minds. All they know is that if they have any evidence of committing a crime, they need to dump it, and in some cases, it's in such an obvious place that it makes everyone else shake their heads.

If he kept the evidence in his truck or home or property, he'd be considered stupid as well, right?
I’m just thinking that if LE didn’t find it when they searched his property, why run it to the dump now while he’s under a magnifying glass? It’s like handing over evidence freely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71