CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a nothing wrong with people believing "innocent until proven guilty" and wanting to explore other theories. Isn't that why we're here? To explore the case and put out theories?

Innocent until proven guilty is for juries. The rest of us can use our cognitive thinking skills to determine what is more probable and what is less likely. And I would like to point out that almost no one here stated he murdered Kelsey. Pretty much everyone discussed the probabilities and how they were leaning and why.

There's nothing wrong though with discussing all theories. That's what websleuths is for. It's engaging and I've learned a lot from other posters over the years.

And that's exactly what we did in this case - discussed ALL theories.

Also, there's nothing wrong IMO with deciding to wait to determine one's opinion, until more has been released even though we aren't jurors.

<modsnip - generalizing about other posters>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I stand alone believing that this premeditated crime had nothing to do with child custody, life insurance, infidelity,... That instead, it had everything to do with silencing someone who knew too much. Two men knew she had information that could put them behind bars. The one who fathered her baby was afraid to do the dirty work and offered to pay the other one. He refused. So PF did it himself. And then he blabbed. His cohort may have initially feared going to the police and then later, feared not going. I stand alone in my reasoning. Bt wait, and see! <smile>

I don’t think it was anything specific. I think she may have broken up with him and he couldn’t stand losing that control. He was determined to take back the control. JMO though

I don't see any federal capital crimes here. It seems pretty clear the murder occurred right there in her home.

Above BBM

18 USC § 1958: Whoever travels in or causes another (including the intended victim) to travel in interstate or foreign commerce, or uses or causes another (including the intended victim) to use the mail or any facility of interstate or foreign commerce, with intent that a murder be committed in violation of the laws of any State or the United States as consideration for the receipt of, or as consideration for a promise or agreement to pay, anything of pecuniary value, or who conspires to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than ten years, or both;  and if personal injury results, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than twenty years, or both;  and if death results, shall be punished by death or life imprisonment, or shall be fined not more than $250,000, or both.

Good information source here, including "a single interstate telephone call will furnish Federal jurisdiction".

Last edited:
I'm not going to agree with you, but I will go "hmmmm". I don't see much pointing specifically towards love, control, custody, insurance, infidelity, or X. We know nothing which would make us think one over the other. I'm ready for new surprises.

Bleeping nothing accomplished at work today...
Thanks for the "hmmmm". It's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all quote!

I never thought my now ex would turn on our kids. Until they got older,and got minds, and thoughts of their own. That's when they saw his ugly. Thankfully they were old enough to get out on their own.

The frightening thing about these kind of crimes, we’re all vulnerable. This could be any of us. We never know what another person is thinking. Almost, always, we hear nothing but glowing descriptions of these suspects from family, long time acquaintances, teachers, clergy and so forth. Until they commit their crime, they are seemingly normal & fit into society.
We all think “ this could never happen to me”, but it can.

I think I stand alone believing that this premeditated crime had nothing to do with child custody, life insurance, infidelity,... That instead, it had everything to do with silencing someone who knew too much. Two men knew she had information that could put them behind bars. The one who fathered her baby was afraid to do the dirty work and offered to pay the other one. He refused. So PF did it himself. And then he blabbed. His cohort may have initially feared going to the police and then later, feared not going. I stand alone in my reasoning. Bt wait, and see! <smile>

I don’t disagree with this theory at all....or at least a version of it! You don’t stand alone!

Innocent until proven guilty is for juries. The rest of us can use our cognitive thinking skills to determine what is more probable and what is less likely. And I would like to point out that almost no one here stated he murdered Kelsey. Pretty much everyone discussed the probabilities and how they were leaning and why.

There's nothing wrong though with discussing all theories. That's what websleuths is for. It's engaging and I've learned a lot from other posters over the years.

And that's exactly what we did in this case - discussed ALL theories.

Also, there's nothing wrong IMO with deciding to wait to determine one's opinion, until more has been released even though we aren't jurors.

<modsnip - generalizing about other posters>

Some people might find your level of self-assuredness to be off-putting, but I think it's fabulous.

Last edited by a moderator:
this was an amazing investigation - absolute stealth and high level, knowledgeable, effective work.

And we are part of it, every step of the way.
Similar to watching the fall of Watts.
Sometimes we wonder, "What the heck is going on?".
But LE know what they are doing.
Aren't you all glad to be here.:):):)
MOO.

Frazee clan must've been FREAKING OUT watching (or seeing it later) all that digging going on around their house. Holy cow. The detained mom sure didn't seem very surprised to be detained while her son was put in cuffs, likely read his rights, and hauled off. Waiting a month to be arrested. I hope PF suffered.

Seriously!!! They really do their jobs well. Not afraid to collaborate. And the lack of arrogance is to amazingly good effect. Bravo.

I wholeheartedly agree that Kudos to Colorado LE is due in this case.

I am sometimes quick to suggest that LE needs to release more information to the public to help us help them but I am also quick to give them credit when credit is due.

Kudos to CO LE!!! Keep doing what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0