CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With what he did for work, I’d be willing to bet that there are countless, remote places with which he has some familiarity.

Most killers dump bodies in locations with which they are comfortable, places they have been to before.

The list would be extensive here.

LE needs help.
The same thought has crossed my mind. Hopefully L.E. is getting calls from people around the U.S.—particularly who are located between CO and ID—who have done repeat business with him.

I have also considered whether his family had a repeat vacation spot on that route. I grew up in the country and a lot of the farmer boys I knew also had cabins they went to for hunting and snowmobiling and ice fishing trips etc.

It’s possible (and hopeful) that by the time the trial rolls around, lots of pieces of evidence will have converged.

For example, I think it’s likely they have...

Unreleased video footage of Kelsey besides the Safeway one

Unreleased video footage of PF’s locations in the days that followed

Records of unusual phone activity from both their phones

Witnesses who have come forward to say they have reason to believe he would be violent

Friends of hers who come forward to say there were serious relationship issues

Evidence from the trash dump

Evidence of a crime from her house

Evidence he solicited someone else

What else am I missing?

I think you have a pretty thorough list.

You could include evidence of a crime from the search at his ranch as well as evidence from electronic devices (his/her computers) since the Sheriff did say at the presser that his arrest was heavily based on technology (paraphasing).

Kelsey was so tiny compared to PF, she really had no chance against him. He could easily have taken her off by horseback - she could be anywhere. I don't think they will find her without his help, sad to say.

I can't find any records that show a mortgage on any of their properties. It looks like it's all owned free and clear???

Sorry I don’t know which article it is off the top of my head (or if it is accurate) but a recent MSM article linked in one of these threads mentioned that the mom owned the ranch that he lived on free and clear. I thought it was odd to note that in this context a news article. Maybe it also mentioned KB mom’s quote about the economy being rough for PF?

moo!

I think you have a pretty thorough list.

You could include evidence of a crime from the search at his ranch as well as evidence from electronic devices (his/her computers) since the Sheriff did say at the presser that his arrest was heavily based on technology (paraphasing).
Maybe they were able to access the GPS or black box insurance device from a vehicle that made a trip too, based on your comment.

Kelsey was so tiny compared to PF, she really had no chance against him. He could easily have taken her off by horseback - she could be anywhere. I don't think they will find her without his help, sad to say.
I have thought the same thing. I have thought horrible things like she could have been packed in a suitcase or squeezed in somewhere she was so tiny.

I think it’s most likely he dumped the body in a familiar remote place where he knew the access route and had a good idea of how to get there unseen etc. So I tend to think it’s more likely the body is in the region—within an hour or two from PF’s home.

Did we ever determine where else, if anywhere, PF may have lived and thereby would have been familiar to him? If there’s a place like that on the way to ID, I might bet on that.

Remote place close by populated by predators: bears ( if they haven’t hibernated) coyotes, bobcats, possibly mountain lions as well as scavengers including eagles, hawks, ravens ...

Yes, it's been suggested numerous times. Do you think he would mail it there and then just turn it on remotely? Or was it sent to someone who did that then got rid of it or did he mail it and pick it up himself? Where did it end up, in the PO or a mail box or what?
I think it’s unlikely he sent it, at least using USPS, UPS, or FedEx. Unless he sent it overnight, which would most likely leave a paper trail. The Post Office was closed on Thanksgiving and on Sunday after. That would leave Friday and Saturday for it to travel from Co. to Id. JMO

I'm not certain that PF committed the actual murder. Of all people, he would want a clear alibi for Thanksgiving. It may be true that PF picked up and took the baby on T-giving leaving KB home alone. The hired person enters and commits the crime; LE may have evidence of this second person present but not know who it is. And there are more possibilities like PF + Unsub committed the murder together. The solicitation charge could be a separate incident, like the first person PF asked declined the offer, but gave information suggesting there would be an Unsub accomplice.

But PF can only have an "alibi" if he picked up the baby and took her home and stayed there. If he returned to KB's by himself or with an accomplice, maybe telling his mother he was going out to have beer with his buds, his mother would have to explain that absence wouldn't she? And IF, she told police he was at home that night, that's risky because I'm thinking they have digital evidence and other evidence that will incriminate him even if he provides a false alibi.

I think it’s most likely he dumped the body in a familiar remote place where he knew the access route and had a good idea of how to get there unseen etc. So I tend to think it’s more likely the body is in the region—within an hour or two from PF’s home.

Did we ever determine where else, if anywhere, PF may have lived and thereby would have been familiar to him? If there’s a place like that on the way to ID, I might bet on that.
in searching PF's addresses the only place I've found that he's
lived is his current address, his mom's farm. But he does have
several siblings who live in other areas of Co.

I think it’s unlikely he sent it, at least using USPS, UPS, or FedEx. Unless he sent it overnight, which would most likely leave a paper trail. The Post Office was closed on Thanksgiving and on Sunday after. That would leave Friday and Saturday for it to travel from Co. to Id. JMO
That, and we just don’t see that type of thing.

PF ain’t no criminal mastermind.

Obviously.

Sorry I don’t know which article it is off the top of my head (or if it is accurate) but a recent MSM article linked in one of these threads mentioned that the mom owned the ranch that he lived on free and clear. I thought it was odd to note that in this context a news article. Maybe it also mentioned KB mom’s quote about the economy being rough for PF?

moo!
DM is where I read that his mother owned the property free & clear & also a couple of other properties..

People who just think I am weird, husband already rolls his eyes at me, my friends think I am nuts.. no one wants to discuss any of these cases but you guys so I come here lol. I was looking up Heather Elvis today, I am not familiar with all of it but my best friend lives in that neighborhood and i recall the news about her. Crazy case.
Oh I know. The whole "solicitation of murder" thing was making me think of that case years and years ago of the "Texas cheerleader mom." The Wanda Holloway case. Where this woman solicited a hitman to take out her daughter's classmate's mother so the other girl would be so distraught over her mother's death that she wouldn't make the cheerleading team and Wanda's daughter could get her spot! It was a Lifetime movie and everything. Probably sparked my true crime interest.

So tonight I was trying to remember the details and googling about "hiring a hitman to make the cheerleading team." :confused: Luckily in that case, the solicited hitman thought it was cray cray, went to the police and agreed to wear a wire, and that murder was shut down before it happened.

My first post!! Been just reading for a long time. I first found Websleuths way back during the Jodi Arias trial.. She's housed done the road from me as a matter of a fact. :) Anyway, I hadn't been on here since then and ended up following the Watts case on here. I definitely love this forum. So much knowledge, insight and integrity.

With that said, this case caught my attention for a number of reasons.

1. How odd is it that another young mom goes missing in Colorado right after the Watts case?
2. I've online dated throughout the years and honestly I would have never thought one thing about it until NOW. Especially meeting on a Christian site.
3. I come from a farming/ranching/rodeo background.

I do have a question/comment though.

After going back and watching the drone footage, I don't see one head of cattle on that 35 acres. He must have them elsewhere. Also, for someone that team ropes, he also must practice elsewhere because there is no arena there to practice. Most of my friends and family have a practice arena and have cattle. So,that leads to me ask.... Where are his cattle??? I would assume that he either keeps them at a friends place or has leased land? On the drone footage I see his horses in pens. There aren't any additional pens without a horse other than the round pen that is usually used for training. The other thing I noticed at the house were planting pots on the porch and just off of the porch. I don't find this odd considering where he lives. They could be his mother's and since it's winter they wouldn't be growing anything. I did also notice some chicken wire around a few of the pots off of the porch. This again is normal to keep the critters out. There does also appear to be two dog crates just off of the porch as well. Not that anything the pots and the crates have anything to do with this case, I just noticed them. LOL

Anyway, where are the cattle??? Honestly, I would be looking there too!!

But PF can only have an "alibi" if he picked up the baby and took her home and stayed there. If he returned to KB's by himself or with an accomplice, maybe telling his mother he was going out to have beer with his buds, his mother would have to explain that absence wouldn't she? And IF, she told police he was at home that night, that's risky because I'm thinking they have digital evidence and other evidence that will incriminate him even if he provides a false alibi.

I am wondering if there were already holes in his alibi story early on, but it just wasn’t enough to arrest him on until they had evidence of a crime.

Many have stated his income as $92,000 per year. I just don't see that on this small acreage, but assuming it is true, that was revenue...not income. That does not include the cost of hay and feed. I think he really was barely getting by raising and training dogs. MAYBE he made some money competing in team roping, but it is very expensive traveling and hauling horses. I don't know a lot of rich farriers, and many people do it themselves.

I really think he PLAYED at being a cowboy. Many people that have cattle that I know also have another job and raise the cattle as a sideline.
And also he probably has a decent overhead; feeding, caring for the animals, buying the animals. Water, cleaning, etc, they aren't cheap, so he may have made 92 but after overhead and taxes? would be way way way less IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member