CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had horses all my life. We have a site we drag all the horses that pass. Burying is not an option for us but we revere that area as ‘The Horse Graveyard”. Any farrier that hits, pushes or is ugly to my horses would leave immediately. Used to do it myself but now I’m too old. I have a gentle farrier that can calm even my most difficult horse. It’s possible to trim and shoe without significant aggression.

I so agree....some require a little more patience than others. I’ve had a few of those myself and you certainly can be firm with them without being aggressive! That would be a red flag for me personally and speak to someone’s character.

Greetings . Lurking for seven years(Lauren Spierer). Wading in.
KB moves to CO for PF. Gets pregnant. Lands dream job at Doss. Rents townhouse. Realizes that it's not going to work with PF. Buys house to remain close to the father. The purchase of the house in May is the trigger for me. This may be when he started making his plans. I feel he seriously out kicked his coverage with KB. (Overachieved) He realized he had no future with her and couldn't accept it. Also wonder if she may have been going to move closer to work and use regular daycare thereby shutting him out. She had more than a job. She had a career.
So sad that in the course of a couple years she meets someone, moves, has a beautiful baby girl, gets a great job and then gets murdered by this !
I'm would think he had to put animals down in his lifetime and this may be the same for him. Sick.
Where is KB?

We know that the phone was in the Twin Falls area on November 25. We know that police did not find evidence by chance, but instead had search warrants. We know that the evidence they collected is related to her murder.

I think there's a good chance that they found the phone, and possibly more evidence that places the occupant of the place that was searched near Kelsey's home on Thanksgiving.

It's great to see you on this case Otto, your linear thinking and terrific maps add so much to the discussion and sleuthing.

IMO, in May this year she was still hoping the relationship would work out, and that is why she bought a house 15 minutes from where he lives.

Buying the house (and thereby making a statement of independence) didn’t have the desired effect of bringing him to his senses, and in fact may have contributed to his growing hatred.

He probably hates any and everyone whose successes and personal attributes remind him of his own inadequacies. MOO

I feel that she is closer to home, not in Idaho...unless someone else handled that aspect for him and he has a solid alibi for the days of 11/22-11/26 approx, so that he could not have taken her up there. He would have had to make sure he was in company during that time, with his phone pinging away near his own home. Jmo

We know that the phone was in the Twin Falls area on November 25. We know that police did not find evidence by chance, but instead had search warrants. We know that the evidence they collected is related to her murder.

I think there's a good chance that they found the phone, and possibly more evidence that places the occupant of the place that was searched near Kelsey's home on Thanksgiving.

It pinged in Gooding on Nov 25, which LE says was accurate. Gooding is about a 40-minute drive from Twin Falls, according to my friend Google.

I was thinking the distance between those two places was greater than that.

Yes, we need to find a PF connection to Twin Falls.

jmo

It seems that every other post is speculation. That is mostly what we talk about ( without any links). Can you clarify? Thanks Harmony.

Harmony is not around so I will clarify.

WS is primarily fact based. Speculation that is based on fact is allowed to a large degree. Speculation related to psychic information is not allowed.

...RSBM...

I agree with MassGuy’s theory that he dismembered her. I also believe LE knows she is dead from discovering her blood via using luminol in her home.
...RSBM for focus....

I posted these photos before of KB's townhome on the night of Thursday 12/20. The blue light in the window is likely the blacklight/Wood'sLamp used with luminol. From the zillow.com interior photos, I think that is the dining room or kitchen area window, and I could be all wrong about yhe floorplan. Photos from twitter of reporter Dougherty:

No lights:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Du6WQEDWwAEyE_j?format=jpg&name=240x240

Normal lights:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Du6fdn1UUAAxWVw?format=jpg&name=large

Blacklight to see fluorescense with luminol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Du6FwgAXQAEXWqW?format=jpg&name=240x240

LE seemed to have some difficulty locating the actual crime scene. I don't think there was a great deal of blood all over, but it is of course possible. LE asked the fire dept. for a ladder and LE was seen removing large, flat, square pieces wrapped in brown bags.

Just a theory: in the kitchen/dining area, bludgeoning to the head, with something like a hammer. Spatter and tissue flew up high on the kitchen cabinets, walls and ceilings, but not a great deal of it. Maybe on top of the cabinets.

I don't think she was dismembered.

Last edited:
The solicitation charge surprised me too! I don't, however, get a drug vibe from this guy. I wouldn't be surprised if some of his dealings were shady, maybe, but not at a high level and not with drugs.

Though, I will add this to my list of possibilities because it could be a possibility. I think Kesley had high morals and high standards, and if she knew something illegal was going on, I don't think she would tolerate it.

jmo
I had an awful idea hit me earlier tonight. Maybe not drugs but what might you do to someone who had discovered your involvement in maybe, child *advertiser censored*? I hate even thinking about this!

"All show and no glow"- never heard that one but I agree.

Her Dad picked up on this, I'm sure, based on the comments
that her parents were "skeptical" of him and they thought he
was an "odd duck".
Sadly, I think KB was a nice, naive, young woman who was
not real experienced w/ men and had the wool pulled over her
eyes by PF.
Many guys lie like crazy on dating sites. They brag about their
accomplishments, their possessions, etc. when in real life
they're losers, living with mommy, truck's in mommy's name,
have bad credit, poor relationships w/ ex-girlfriends and on
and on. Many also use and abuse drugs and alcohol.
I don't see KB being savvy enough to have checked out PF's
veracity. But when she moved near him, slowly all his faults
became apparent. The real PF was not what she'd been sold.
Her disenchantment with him not changing his ways was
what set him off. He was a fake, a bum, an immature and
spoiled young guy and she was letting him know she was done.
She was moving on to greener pastures. And his rage couldn't handle it.

I wonder how much really knew about him after two years. ITA about his lying on the dating site. He probably has no credit and couldn't qualify to buy a house, so that may have been one impediment to them having their own place and would have had to depend on her credit and/or maybe her parents or Ma F to cosign. I think the price of cattle was an excuse. I believe KB thought they were getting married, but he was giving her excuse after excuse. I think if he had really wanted them to be together, they could have put a mobile home on Ma F's property (if she helped them), but he never intended to marry her. That also tells me his family might not have been supportive of their relationship. JMO.

It pinged in Gooding on Nov 25, which LE says was accurate. Gooding is about a 40-minute drive from Twin Falls, according to my friend Google.

I was thinking the distance between those two places was greater than that.

Yes, we need to find a PF connection to Twin Falls.

jmo
Someone else suggested this earlier- Gooding Pro-Rodeo

Gooding Pro Rodeo - Southern Idaho Tourism

ETA: I posted my reply in the quote. Multitasking isn’t working for me today!

She didn’t give the baby his last name though (as far as I know?), which would be the norm for religious reasons.

I don’t find it strange she didn’t give her daughter his last name. I personally got pregnant out of wedlock twice. (Don’t judge) My first child was given my last name because I had no intentions on marrying the father. Moving on....I got pregnant again years later and was planning a wedding 6 months after so we choose to postpone our wedding until after the baby was born. I had bought a very expensive gown I was insistent on fitting into. We gave that child my now husband’s last name.

Just wanted to share my personal reasoning.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think they have a problem?

I have a pile of gifts to wrap, recipes to make, a house to clean, and yet here I am.

Crime Solvers Anonymous : "Hi...I go by the name tictoc...I am a Crime Head...my last true crime show was in the last 12 hours..." o_O

Truth is, while I learn so much from all you caring sleuths, I for one really need to wait for the missing pieces to come out. Happy holidays everyone.

Still trying to figure out this replying to post thing. Yes! So much to do right now (grocery shopping for Christmas morning, cleaning, wrapping, etc...) and here I am trying to be a detective. LOL! So funny.

I wish I wasn't typing this...
I wonder if the evidence that was found at KB's home had to do with things found in the plumbing.
Clearly, this is MOO, but I think the possibility of dismemberment is all to realistic.
I haven't been able to read every post, so sorry if I have missed some information, but upon reading about LE checking the septic tank, makes me wonder even more.

Iirc, keep in mind that the only time we have heard the septic tank being mentioned was speculation here on these threads. I don't recall it being ever mentioned by law enforcement, nor have I seen it mentioned in the media. Moo

No, it doesn’t make me wonder. Would the expenditure of long hours make you wonder if KB was the primary caregiver? Remember, most people are two income families today.

KB made more money than him and had a successful career.

PF did not work nearly enough as KB, thus, it only made sense for him and his mother to watch the baby.

PF and KB probably chose this arrangement over paying for childcare.

When two people are working full time, child care is mostly done by a nanny, daycare, or a grandparent.

Most people are two income families today.

PF probably tasked his mother with the bulk of the baby’s care.

Also, I believe the reason why neighbors assumed PF lived with KB is because he probably brought the baby over during the week on evenings and spent time with KB.

It’s possible KB wanted to move closer to her family and have her mother watch the baby during the day.

Hi,
I suspect we all perceive things according to our own backgrounds, and this discussion is a good example of that.

In my experience, with my ex-husband and the father of my child, he would never, ever, under any circumstances have cared for our child those long hours. Not even with his mother doing the majority of the work.

Never.

No matter what, he could not be inconvenienced.

If I had car trouble, don't bother him, call my dad.

Taking care of "the kid" as he called him? He was good for maybe an hour, but any sort of long hours of child care, he would have insisted that I handle it and that I pay for it.

Period. End of discussion.

I see from the expectations of other posters on this site how unusual that must be.

If PF is as selfish as everyone believes him to be, there had to be something in it for him that he accepted those long hours of child care.

Of course, we're all individuals and his way of looking at things are probably very different from my ex's.

Wonder if KB had an insurance policy for the baby?

I can’t tell exactly how close a vehicle on Kelsey’s parking pad could get to the front door. I imagine pretty close, especially if one were to back up, say, a pickup truck, and carry out a suitcase or duffle bag a few feet to the bed. A 110lb person could be fit into a suitcase and if it was late at night over a holiday weekend and the person was in and out of her house within 2 minutes, the likelihood of being seen would be low, IMO.

No, it doesn’t make me wonder. Would the expenditure of long hours make you wonder if KB was the primary caregiver? Remember, most people are two income families today.

KB made more money than him and had a successful career.

PF did not work nearly enough as KB, thus, it only made sense for him and his mother to watch the baby.

PF and KB probably chose this arrangement over paying for childcare.

When two people are working full time, child care is mostly done by a nanny, daycare, or a grandparent.

Most people are two income families today.

PF probably tasked his mother with the bulk of the baby’s care.

Also, I believe the reason why neighbors assumed PF lived with KB is because he probably brought the baby over during the week on evenings and spent time with KB.

It’s possible KB wanted to move closer to her family and have her mother watch the baby during the day.
Actually, PF likely made more money than KB, quite a lot more. Income $80,000 - $89,000. Other posters have found $92,000.

Patrick Frazee (Michael), 32 - Florissant, CO | Background Report at MyLife.com®

This concept that PF did not work is unfounded. PF was a farrier, dog breeder and trainer, and was involved in horse and cattle brokering.

Some opinions seem to have taken on a life of their own.

Actually, PF likely made more money than KB, quite a lot more. Income $80,000 - $89,000. Other posters have found $92,000.

Patrick Frazee (Michael), 32 - Florissant, CO | Background Report at MyLife.com®

This concept that PF did not work is unfounded. PF was a farrier, dog breeder and trainer, and was involved in horse and cattle brokering.

I haven't delved into finances, but income is the money taken in before expenses are taken out. I'm not sure what his expenses are, but it's my understanding they are pretty big when it comes to large animals.

In other words, his actual "take home pay" might not be that much, ykwim.

I really don't care about his finances that much as I do not think finances were a motive in the murder, but I also I don't think finances were a reason not to live together, fwiw. If you want to live with a partner, you find a way.

jmo

That site is not accurate at all for income. I looked up myself, and mine is way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPACECAT89