CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw something being removed that seemed very thin, but appeared to have weight. Like a bathroom mirror. But being non-porous, I’m not sure they would have removed something like that?

*Edited to remove accidental multi-quote.

I had thought from that night, that it could be the bathroom countertop

But, could be a mirror too. Things splash and stick onto it ...

This case especially has brought many new members steadfastly defending PF and his family from the beginning.. very strange.

There was a new guy on here going on and on about a third party love interest as motivation and his account is deleted already. I felt he was deflecting attention. Does "deleted" indicate running afoul of TOS?

I do not find dismemberment to plausible. Dismemberment is done for purpose in a "typical" murder. Removing a body from a apartment complex, for example, when moving a large object can be seen, and easily remembered later by witnesses. It also creates a large amount of fluids and forensic evidence (...dry heave).

If PF is removing a body from the condo, it is easy to do after dark, with large blanket or sack. With an intact body. Dismember to a smaller size creates more trips to the truck. Most people would have a very hard time cutting a body, although PF surely had to deal with unpleasant tasks on the farm.

Dismembering away from the condo would more an option, but why would you with the wilderness staring you in the face?

Do not see this as an option.
I want to qualify my previous post, too, that she was not dismembered in the townhome. As you note, too much mess.

The purpose of a hitman is to either provide yourself with an alibi, or to have something done that you are unwilling or unable to do (murder).

Hiring a hitman and then personally returning to the scene to clean it and dispose of the body, isn’t something we see.

And hitmen don’t clean crime scenes either.

He killed her himself.
Agreed..... I now only wonder if he took that phone to Idaho and texted his at home ?

I’m sure this has been discussed early on, but thinking of it again. Why were the cinnamon buns left out, but groceries put away? Makes me think she wasn’t attacked right away when she got home. If someone was hiding in the house as a hit man, I would think PF picked up the baby and then the hit man did what he had to do. Or PF waited awhile before doing it. OR he left the cinnamon buns out but put all of the groceries away
I also wondered about that. Her brother only mentioned the cinnamon rolls. We don't know what she bought. Maybe it was something small that went unnoticed. Or maybe they were left in her trunk, and LE didn't share that detail.

I was glad to see someone pointing out that Kelsey was not a teenage mom. Because I want to give her the credit she deserves. She was not a 16 year old. She was a mature adult woman who moved cross country, bought her own home, and trained military pilots for a living.

So, no, I don’t see any evidence that suggests she had another relationship. But what if—at some point—we find out she was? If we find out she broke up with him months ago, or that they were on again and off again, or that they decided not to be exclusive...or she just got tired of his crap and moved on...and chose to date someone else instead of sitting around waiting for him...then more power to her.

It isn’t the 1950’s anymore where women are frowned on for asserting their choice or dating more than one man. It isn’t an insult to suggest she might have decided to look for someone better. Those are rigid outdated stereotypes. In 2018, women can direct their own dating life and choose any path they want—even if it’s unconventional.

I don’t think she dated anyone else, but honestly if she did, I am proud of her for living life on her own terms. If he couldn’t handle it and got controlling, that’s on him.

Yeah, that I highly doubt (removing bathtub).

I think he would have used something like bleach, in order to clean it.

But that doesn’t stop blood, and God knows what else, from being trapped in the drain.

I think they found blood in that house. Whether he painted over it, or took measures to clean it up, I’m not sure.

That’s why I think she died a violent death, and/or she was dismsembered.

Who knows though.

It also depends on how much he thought things through before and after. If he really thought it through, he wouldn’t use the drain at all. He would block it off first. He would remove the blood in other ways, then either clean the tub with bleach or replace the tub. If he deeply thought it through anyway. He did have 10 days though.

Hmm.........If you dropped those trash bag wrapped body parts in different business dumpsters all over Colorado Springs, off to the land fill, they would go......MOO
A wealthy woman in AZ tried that with her husband. She hung plastic sheeting in her basement. Someone saw her in the middle of the night dump a heavy bag in a dumpster in an alley and decided to see what it was in the bag. She was dressed nicely, jewelry, high heels, driving a luxury car.

The purpose of a hitman is to either provide yourself with an alibi, or to have something done that you are unwilling or unable to do (murder).

Hiring a hitman and then personally returning to the scene to clean it and dispose of the body, isn’t something we see.

And hitmen don’t clean crime scenes either.

He killed her himself.

Well the other thought is...he didn’t return to the scene or clean it. As far as we know, we aren’t sure if he did or didn’t, right? I guess your point that a hit man doesn’t clean up plays into that though

It also depends on how much he thought things through before and after. If he really thought it through, he wouldn’t use the drain at all. He would block it off first. He would remove the blood in other ways, then either clean the tub with bleach or replace the tub. If he deeply thought it through anyway. He did have 10 days though.
Yeah, even if he planned this out, emotion usually takes over.

These things never go as planned, as most first time killers panic.

He did have time though, which he created with that misdirection.

Is anyone else wondering whether there was some redrywalling, flooring that was so artfully redone at KB's house and that's why initial luminal tests showed nothing? Maybe LE had to tear up floor boards to find a mass of blood (ladder/large flat pieces of evidence hauled away by LE)? Also wondering if there were any burn piles on any properties associated with PF's "friends" from the dump? Wondering if there was some small building material item on that trailer at the dump that led them back to KB's? Did PF have any carpentry/ building skills? Did PF go to those lengths to try to get away with this?

Don't know if anyone has discussed this. I do my best to keep up with the threads.

Yes. I’m wondering the same based on the dump run and then the ladder/size of items being taken out

Last edited:
I think the phone was sent by mail or given to someone who took it there with or without thier knowledge. Perhaps even to implicate them in the crime.
I think the phone had 2 scheduled texts prepared to go out when it left his hands.
He got lucky that the battery didn't die OR he did have someone else send the texts that Sunday.
I'm leaning more towards having someone else send them and that they are talking to police.
Moo

Authorities in Idaho are working in conjunction with Colorado and federal agencies to execute search warrants relating to the disappearance of Kelsey Berreth who is presumed dead.

According to Fox 31 Denver, a press release from the Twin Falls County Sheriff's Department says that their detectives are working with the Colorado Bureau of Investigations (CBI) and the FBI 'to prepare and serve several search warrants as well as processing some items of evidence with the assistance of Twin Falls County and Twin Falls City Evidence Technicians.'

Cops process evidence found in Kelsey Berreth's murder investigation now in Idaho | Daily Mail Online

Well the other thought is...he didn’t return to the scene or clean it. As far as we know, we aren’t sure if he did or didn’t, right? I guess your point that a hit man doesn’t clean up plays into that though
How's this for a possible scenario:

PF gets KB and baby to go to the grocery store so that hit man can get into the house and hide. PF arrives at house to pick up the baby so the baby is not at the scene of the crime. Hit man does his work and takes her phone and body to Idaho. PF later returns to house for clean-up.

Speculation only.

jmo

I agree. This crossed my mind too. Especially since he lives in a relatively small town of 7500 where he might be easily recognized by a local.

But I am beginning to think he was only smart enough to know he has to do a really good job cleaning up...but wasn’t smart enough to think through all the other pieces.

Maybe it was stupidity or maybe it was arrogance that led him to think he could just casually stop by the dump.

There was a case here, where a women was murdered, placed into a suitcase and thrown into water.
The suitcase was filled with OLD TILES used in renovating their bathroom MANY, MANY years ago.
Stupidity after the murder.
Hope similarly in this case, stupidity at its best.:D
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads