CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he really loved his baby or his mom did. I saw a photo of her hanging around with a bunch of guys at an event, and he was holding her. She was in a diaper with wild hair, but he was taking her to events. Lots of men that rodeo are family minded and start their kids off on horses. His friends seemed to have kids. I just think he and Kelsy maybe didn't click when they were together all the time. They came from different worlds. Happens often with long distance relationships.
In ordinary circumstances she would not. But in context of the discussion another poster and I were having that PF was OVER both KB and the baby and not emotionally involved, I had to ask myself WHY he was devoting so much time to childcare.

She seems to have worked as much as 12-hour days, plus had a long commute, maybe another couple of hours.

He's a rancher, outdoorsman.

Either he really, really loves his child or if he's as selfish as many appear to think, then he would not be caring for a baby with KB's schedule. He'd be insisting that she find childcare.

Consideration of PF's financial needs suggested it. Again, it was just one part of a discussion.

Either he was OVER both the mother and baby and therefore had some good reason for providing the child care (lots of other fathers would balk at that kind of time. There's no way my husband would have watched our son those hours.) Or he genuinely loves the baby and this was about custody.

Or something else not yet considered .. .

Doesn't his expenditure of such long hours of childcare make you wonder?

Agreed. I’m saying I think it’s likely she and PF did put his name on it. That I don’t think she would have purposefully left it off at that point.
We discussed this topic on another case not too long ago. I don't know how other states do this, but when our children were born- if you weren't married, the father had to voluntarily take a DNA swab to prove that the baby was his, before his name was put on the birth certificate. I don't know if that has changed recently or not, and this was over 20 years ago.

Yeah, succinylcholine ain’t a fun way to die.

I think they found forensic evidence in that house, and I think it was likely blood.

Drugs wouldn’t allow for that.
Ah, but stun guns or drugs give the killer that last word before the murder. And also, the first method sometimes fails leading to a more messy choice.

We discussed this topic on another case not too long ago. I don't know how other states do this, but when our children were born- if you weren't married, the father had to voluntarily take a DNA swab to prove that the baby was his, before his name was put on the birth certificate. I don't know if that has changed recently or not, and this was over 20 years ago.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Yes. Others have mentioned animal or horse tranquilizers. And date rape drugs. Then those pesky medical people with access to drugs. I recall a case of a surgical nurse who murdered her husband with a paralytic.

He did not have access to anything like it, he was not a vet. I would say, whatever worked easiest and would not generate questions if he were stopped. If carrying a syringe with horse tranquilizer was normal for him, then, yes. I Googled that stun guns are more than legal, so if it was commonplace on his farm, then a stun gun.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying.

Everyone's View and all the ideas you have are welcome. I see you joined just recently in December so welcome!

Just to add to my above comments that neither media nor law enforcement have mentioned the septic tank, I did want to add a couple of other things for you.

There have been other cases where bodies actually were found in septic tanks. (RIP Noah) And or they were investigated as to being in the septic tanks.

At no time was the septic tank dug up and or removed. Each time, what was done was that it was pumped out. And then what was pumped out was searched. That is why when people mention that big hole being a septic tank being dug out, it just isn't usual to the cases that many of us have followed over the many years that we have been following here.

That being said, it could be the first time that this has happened.

Again, welcome Seenit! I look forward to your other ideas and input on this case.

Chris Watts was also described as "quiet and shy" and a "good dad."
In the Watts case people came forward and talked about their relationship. "They were so happy about the third child", "She thought he was cheating", "I don't think he wanted a 3rd kid, she did".... Regarding this case, where are all of the the Idaho friends, Colorado pals, colleagues, rodeo pals, neighbors, church worshippers, restaurant owners, Facebook friends.... when is ANYBODY going to comment on what they witnessed when they saw them together? Can anybody?

Ah, but stun guns or drugs give the killer that last word before the murder. And also, the first method sometimes fails leading to a more messy choice.
It’s possible. But absent information to the contrary, I like to focus on the behavior of “most killers.”

People have certainly used those types of methods, but they are rare on the whole.

I was in the room when the nurse brought in the paper work for my granddaughter's birth certificate. Her first question was are you married?
They said yes.
Second question- Are you married to each other?
Yes.
I have no idea what her further instructions would have been, but she did mention something about advising dad's not married to the mom before signing the birth certificate, but it didn't apply to them.
Every state has different laws on filing the birth certificate, in Georgia they were responsible for picking it up from the courthouse and paying for however many copies they wanted.
It will be interesting if we ever find out what the final ruling is about custody of KB's baby, but with her being a baby will they release that to the public?

The laws have changed since my kids were born 26 years ago!
Moo

Agreed..... I now only wonder if he took that phone to Idaho and texted his at home ?

I'm now inclined to think that someone else took that phone to Idaho for him. At first I wavered between that and he took the phone there and left his phone at home and texted himself. Now that LE in Twin Falls are serving search warrants, I'm not sure anymore. I believe they have linked KB's phone to a property/home. Also, the search warrants may also lead to an arrest/arrests just like the search warrants lead to PF's arrest. I can't stop feeling there was someone else in his life already, someone that was willing to take him on. Probably painting himself as quite the "catch" much like he did to KB. Perhaps LE have found evidence of on-line hook up in Idaho? Where did his phone "ping" when he spoke to CB on Nov. 25th? Idaho or CO? Did CB reach him on a home phone?

I was actually curious about this so I looked it up. It appears as if the father is able to sign an acknowledgment of Paternity without any DNA testing.
FAQ-Establishing Paternity

I wonder if she worked on Wednesday. If so, I wonder what time she returned home. I mean, that makes it even stranger. She returns home Wednesday night, goes to PF's home. Gets the kid, brings the kid home (and leaves PF behind), gives the kid back the following day..... I remember the first two years of ALL my marriages <smile>, we loved being together, going to sleep and knowing we did not have to work in the morning.... It was extra nice on the holidays.

He did not have access to anything like it, he was not a vet. I would say, whatever worked easiest and would not generate questions if he were stopped. If carrying a syringe with horse tranquilizer was normal for him, then, yes. I Googled that stun guns are more than legal, so if it was commonplace on his farm, then a stun gun.
Charlot, do we know that he couldn’t have had access? For example, do vets ever give farmers or farriers tranquilizers to administer to their horses to help pacify an anxious animal? I know vets have given us tranquilizers for other animals before, but I don’t own a horse.

I think he really loved his baby or his mom did. I saw a photo of her hanging around with a bunch of guys at an event, and he was holding her. She was in a diaper with wild hair, but he was taking her to events. Lots of men that rodeo are family minded and start their kids off on horses. His friends seemed to have kids. I just think he and Kelsy maybe didn't click when they were together all the time. They came from different worlds. Happens often with long distance relationships.
I did not see the photo of her at the event. Did Kelsey look happy in that picture with him and his daughter?

We’ve seen some incredulous/unbelievable disposals and disposal sites. I’m wondering if this might be another one of them.

I anticipate, and it seems most obvious that the disposal location & method may have to do with animals, farms, etc, but who really knows. Jmo.

(Again, I’m following from a distance right now for my own sanity.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member