CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #18 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No happy ending. The youngest son ended up living with his parents and the son that found her took his own life several years later. So very sad. All because he was teed off about division of assets and child support. The "dish" he was involved in was an engineer at work that was promptly transferred after her testimony. I guess it ended well for her as it did not in any way affect her career path.

I apologize, I made a bad joke about the killer getting what he deserved, but your comment really shows how these crimes bleed and affect everyone around them.

We cling to guilty verdicts like they are the ultimate victory, but the lives ruined in the wake of these kinds of crimes will be forever changed and affected.

It reminds me of the debate about whether or not PF is/was a good father. The story you’ve shared with us (and many others we’ve heard before) show that these kinds of crimes have the potential to adversely affect the children involved pretty seriously. So how could one possibly be a good parent once they’ve committed a crime like that?

And I’ve said it before, if her parents had $185k (or whatever the purchase price) to loan her, why not? Otherwise you are giving the interest on that money to a bank to squander. So, why not give it to your parents? Maybe her parents were re-investing that interest into an account for the baby. It would actually be silly for them NOT to do what they did if they have the money. If you look at a loan amoritization and see what you wind up paying over 30 years including interest, vs purchase price, it is mind blowing. Why give that money to a bank if you don’t have to?
Fantastic point.

To me PF looks lazy. Low energy. How he ever got the energy to murder KB confuses me. The motive had to be the baby. He fell in love with K. and he somehow was feeling threatened about her leaving him and taking the baby. They were ill matched, IMO. He probably wanted Susie Homemaker to stay home, doing all the farm house wifey things. KB was an ambitious career woman. I think she called her mom to get the cinnamon roll recipe to at least make something from scratch for Thanksgiving. I still don’t understand why she wasn’t going to his place for Thanksgiving dinner. Nothing wrong with going out to dinner for Thanksgiving but it is a family holiday. I am wondering if she did not get along with SF. MOO

To me PF looks lazy. Low energy. How he ever got the energy to murder KB confuses me. The motive had to be the baby. He fell in love with K. and he somehow was feeling threatened about her leaving him and taking the baby. They were ill matched, IMO. He probably wanted Susie Homemaker to stay home, doing all the farm house wifey things. KB was an ambitious career woman. I think she called her mom to get the cinnamon roll recipe to at least make something from scratch for Thanksgiving. I still don’t understand why she wasn’t going to his place for Thanksgiving dinner. Nothing wrong with going out to dinner for Thanksgiving but it is a family holiday. I am wondering if she did not get along with SF. MOO

I’m so glad you can’t see me at the moment......YIKES

Yep. Time and time again.
Man murders wife, girlfriend, now baby Mama.
This case as well as Shannon Watts is so heartbreaking because these women could have given their children a good life without their lousy sperm donors.

<modsnipped off topic>

Totally agree. I don't think that this will wind up being a complex situation in the end. We will likely hear of a girlfriend in the picture, because there always seems to be one. But other than that, I don't think this will be an off-the-wall kind of case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know why but every single time I assume he will be in prison forever a thought pops into my head, “Don’t forget the Casey Anthony case.” Anything can happen. Unfortunately.

An anomaly though, thank goodness. I can't think of another jury (except for one - OJ's) that had THAT amount of evidence and acquitted.

I agree with you. It's not that complicated.

The only thing I don't agree with is I don't think there's any way they've got someone else who killed her and is now cooperating who they've not arrested.

No way. They could not allow a murderer to be free even if they were cooperating, IMO.

No I totally agree. I think people are so adamant someone else was involved, that I'm saying that is the ONLY way that would be the case, but it is crazy unlikely. Murderers don't just get to roam about.

Has P’s alleged animal abuse been verified?

As someone that’s always had horse and herd dogs, I know what it takes to be in control of both. Horses are large, powerful animals. In my experience there’s a huge dif’ in the way I treat my horses compared to men I trail ride with. Just sayin’, I don’t see them slathering their steed with kisses, carrying apples, carrots, radishes & peppermints in their saddle bags and such.

Australian sheps’ & border collies are two dog breeds known for their ability to outsmart their owner. Horribly clever creatures & I've found it imperative to show mine that I am the boss, from early on. If not they get out of hand, quickly. By no means am I abusive & they still get away with way too much. Currently, I have one flipping the ceiling light/fan on & off in hopes I’ll put my tablet down and notice him. Same thing if I’m reading, doing my nails, etc. it’s gotta be all about him. All the time.

What do you think about his you tube videos?
Patrick Frazee

No happy ending. The youngest son ended up living with his parents and the son that found her took his own life several years later. So very sad. All because he was teed off about division of assets and child support. The "dish" he was involved in was an engineer at work that was promptly transferred after her testimony. I guess it ended well for her as it did not in any way affect her career path.

BBM. Maybe she can give NK some tips.

I am not sure it can be assumed that Kelsey knew the relationship had failed. As far as we know, she never said so. I doubt her mother invented the substance of their last phone calls. Things may not have gone as Kelsey had hoped when she moved, but when do they ever?
<modsnipped off topic>

Jmo

I am not sure it can be assumed that Kelsey knew the relationship had failed. As far as we know, she never said so. I doubt her mother invented the substance of their last phone calls. Things may not have gone as Kelsey had hoped when she moved, but when do they ever?

<modsnipped>
Jmo

Maybe she met someone else. Idk

Jmo

OMG, this guy is a special kind of stupid, IMO. I'd be curious to know why he "contends Berreth had disappeared on other occasions and returned." Repeating what PF tells you does not make it fact.

Edited to add:

And this quote from the article: "While authorities have declined to discuss the couple’s custody arrangement, Cline says Frazee was the primary caretaker for their daughter — and would have had no reason to know immediately that Berreth had gone missing."

Umm, really? So this guy's definition of "immediately" is "within ten days"? :confused:

This whole story about her “disappearing and returning” made me think of something. IF (big if here) PF was abusive, KB may have “disappeared” several times and returned. I have worked as a volunteer lawyer at the local women’s shelter. It’s not uncommon for a battered spouse/SO to leave the abuser but then return. I am sure that if this were the situation, PF would have told his family/friends that KB had “issues” and would “disappear”

I always get a kick out of someone that says “I made 65k off my house, paid 400k sold for 465k.” No, no you made NOTHING. Add your payments up for the months you lived in said house & recalculate. You LOST money. Assuming of course it wasn’t a flip within a year.

And assuming no realtors involved! But yes, I agree. I actually don’t think many people understand how loans work. The banks certainly don’t explain it when you borrow, not in the way that they should.

Her parents were very smart to do what they did with the loan. Lucky that they had the money to do it, but it was really also very smart.

Now this post I agree with. I think she was responsible, intelligeny, hardworking, and a wonderful mother that also tried to include PF and his family in Baby K's life. I think she had a great role model for what a strong, loving mother looks like in CB,
I totally agree and couldn't say it better. Being 29 and employed by DOSS as a CFI in of itself is quite an accomplishment. That coupled with commuting to Pueblo on a daily basis is something not many would want to tackle. I know people here that still hate to drive up the pass to WP. And with the weather we get so often it is not something many want to sign up for. And she was able to purchase a house on her owns says a lot. No, she wasn't perfect as none of us are but I think she had a good grasp on her life and a pretty down to earth individual. I'm sure most mothers would be proud to have a daughter like Kelsey with all her accomplishments and that is what makes this case so sad.

I have thought possibly they have been arrested but the information has not been made public. Arrest records are public but the arrest may not be in Teller Co.

I've never seen a case where such an arrest is kept secret. Just like I've never seen a case where they find bodies and keep that fact secret. That kind of thing would erode public confidence.

Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps someone else has heard of such a case.

I've never seen a case where such an arrest is kept secret. Just like I've never seen a case where they find bodies and keep that fact secret. That kind of thing would erode public confidence.

Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps someone else has heard of such a case.

I never have either. They may have an informant, they may charge this person later but I doubt there have been other arrests. If this person had already been arrested, why would it have to be a secret?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member