CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz Kotalik on Twitter
(1/2) Here’s what happened in court (no tweeting aloud): 2 motions were denied. 1 would have put a sort of gag order on anyone related to the case from talking to media. Another about preventing any correspondence between law enforcement about this case from being deleted. #9news

Liz Kotalik on Twitter
(2/2) Frazee will stay in jail without bond until preliminary hearing on January 29th. Another motion hearing will happen this Friday to discuss how to process an unknown piece of evidence, and whether Frazee and his defense can have access to the arrest affidavit. #9news

I feel like a lot of charges are being thrown on the wall, hoping something sticks. They have credible evidence but where this all will end is still up in the air. It’s still being pieced together and key people need to start talking. IMO

PF is way more dangerous than I thought. Did they arrest him sooner than they wanted, but felt like others lives were at risk? Why do I feel like the little girl is lucky to be alive?

This is still an active investigation and a body not recovered yet. This case is in court and time is ticking.

The end, for poor KB, had to be terrifying & confusing. I hate to say this but I don’t believe her end was fast and swift...
Thanks! I knew we had some LE here on this case. It seems like it can only be 1st degree premeditated OR 1st degree felony murder, but not both at the same time.

NEW: This is the man investigators believe killed Kelsey Berreth, the mom missing since Thanksgiving Day in Woodland Park, Colorado. The case has gained national media attention.

Patrick Frazee was silent in court and did not answer any of our questions outside in the hallway.

Carol McKinley on Twitter
Carol McKinley‏ @CarolAMcKinley 25s26 seconds ago
Attorney team for #PatrickFrazee enters the Teller County Courthouse ahead of 830 am advisement. #kelseyberreth @abc

DvwSsR9VAAAfoRr.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

If the photo is of the public defender, he looks awfully young (for a murder case).

So is there a possibility of setting bail tomorrow ? Or

Wondering if and when bail will be set ?

No possibility of bail on Murder 1 in CO unless prosecutors do not demonstrate sufficient evidence to hold over (which does not happen).
So is there a possibility of setting bail tomorrow ? Or

Wondering if and when bail will be set ?

Murder charges filed against man in case of missing Colorado mom - CNN
Frazee showed no emotion in the Teller County Court in Cripple Creek on Monday morning.

He was charged with two counts of murder in the first degree and three counts of solicitation to commit murder in the first degree, District Attorney Dan May said.

Prosecutors filed two murder charges because they have different theories. One says he acted alone to kill Berreth, and another says he alone or with other people killed her during a robbery.

The three solicitation charges refer to soliciting the murder in three separate incidents. It could mean he solicited the same person three times or three people on different occasions.

Like this post if you think 1 or more of the solicitees is talking/cooperating.
I’d like to know how u got solicitees by spell check. I can’t. I have to type solicited one.

Murder charges filed against man in case of missing Colorado mom - CNN
Frazee showed no emotion in the Teller County Court in Cripple Creek on Monday morning.

He was charged with two counts of murder in the first degree and three counts of solicitation to commit murder in the first degree, District Attorney Dan May said.

Prosecutors filed two murder charges because they have different theories. One says he acted alone to kill Berreth, and another says he alone or with other people killed her during a robbery.

The three solicitation charges refer to soliciting the murder in three separate incidents. It could mean he solicited the same person three times or three people on different occasions.
My god, it sounds to me like they really have no idea HOW he did it, yet they have confidence they can prove a case beyond reasonable doubt?

"The 4th Judicial District Attorney Dan May said he filed two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of solicitation.

He said two first-degree murder charges were filed under separate theories: deliberation and felony.

“Obviously, there’s only one murder in this case,” May said. “Under Colorado law, we file separate counts under different theories of first-degree murder. We filed under two theories: One is deliberation for murder. And the other is felony murder.”

Fiancée formally charged with murder in case of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth

Well, I was certainly hoping for more than theories at this point.

Starting around 3:10 he talks about the murder charges, and it almost sounds like he’s saying it’s standard for them to file both charges of first degree murder.

Are others hearing this the way I am? Is it possible it’s just standard procedure for them to file both first degree murder charges?

ETA: Maybe he’s just saying these are their two current working theories. I am so confused by this case.

"The 4th Judicial District Attorney Dan May said he filed two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of solicitation.

He said two first-degree murder charges were filed under separate theories: deliberation and felony.

“Obviously, there’s only one murder in this case,” May said. “Under Colorado law, we file separate counts under different theories of first-degree murder. We filed under two theories: One is deliberation for murder. And the other is felony murder.”

Fiancée formally charged with murder in case of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth

So basically the murder was either accidental or intentional? I sure hope they can figure out which one.

So glad you found this so we can stay on topic w/o staggering off looking for bodies of unknown persons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member