CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The 4th Judicial District Attorney Dan May said he filed two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of solicitation.

He said two first-degree murder charges were filed under separate theories: deliberation and felony.

“Obviously, there’s only one murder in this case,” May said. “Under Colorado law, we file separate counts under different theories of first-degree murder. We filed under two theories: One is deliberation for murder. And the other is felony murder.”

Fiancée formally charged with murder in case of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth

Well, I was certainly hoping for more than theories at this point.

I’m curious if any legal experts in Colorado can tell us how normal it is for them to file charges for different theories like this. Is it standard procedure, or is it how it sounds - that they do not know exactly what took place?

Is there court documents out there that the media has available that we don't? I have been wondering where the "attempted robbery" thing came from as well. I have read it in some articles, but have not and did not read that in the documents we saw this morning ( I am sceptical of media reports sometimes... lol)
Apologies if this has already been answered, but it was in there under Count 3.

I posted the live video I found of the court proceedings- I thought the judge had ruled no livestreams or tweeting during court?? I wonder if this news station will be fined and/or banned from further court proceedings in this case??

They allowed two news cameras I think, due to space constrictions. It wasn't live streamed, only allowed to be shown after the hearing. Reporters could have Ipads, etc. It's all good.

Was P’s brother in court? I did not see him. Tia

Obviously, PF has no feelings for his elderly mom. If so, he could not put her thru this. Or anyone in his family. For years to come, they, too, shall be “recognized” for this (alleged) horrific crime.

Not to minimize the B’s grief. To be clear.

MOO
This is exactly what I was thinking when the camera was on her in court.
What has he done, what mess has he made, lives shattered.

What is robbery?
You commit the felony crime of robbery when you knowingly take anything of value directly from another person or in another person's presence by the use of force, threats, or intimidation.

Colorado law recognizes three types of robbery. In increasing order of seriousness they are:

The chief difference between these three crimes involves:

• Whether a deadly weapon was used or threatened, and
  • Whether the object of the robbery was the theft of any controlled substance(s).
Colorado "robbery" laws (explained by defense lawyers)

BREAKING: New details in Patrick Frazee charges released for suspected murder of Kelsey Berreth
COUNT 1 - MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
On or about November 22, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully, feleniously, after deliberation, and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, caused the death of Kelsey Berreth.

COUNT 2 - SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
Between and including September 1, 2018 and November 1, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entered, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit the felony of murder in the first degree, with intent to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.

COUNT 3-MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
On or about November 22, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously, acting alone or with one or more persons, committed or attempted to commit Robbery and, in the course of or in furtherance of that crime, or in the immediate flight therefrom, the death of Kelsey Berreth, a person, other than one of the participants, was cause by anyone.

COUNT 4-SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
Between and including September 1, 2018 and November 1, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entered, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit the felony of murder in the first degree, with intent to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.

COUNT 5-SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
Between and including September 1, 2018 and November 1, 2018 PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entreated, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit the felony of murder in the first degree, with intent to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.
Thanks Pommy Mommy. I don't know if it was a pair, a single person, 3 single people (separately) or a group of 3.

At work. Can someone kindly give me an update on what’s going on? Pleazzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETI20