CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At work. Can someone kindly give me an update on what’s going on? Pleazzz.
Murder charges filed against man in case of missing Colorado mom - CNN
Frazee showed no emotion in the Teller County Court in Cripple Creek on Monday morning.

He was charged with two counts of murder in the first degree and three counts of solicitation to commit murder in the first degree, District Attorney Dan May said.

Prosecutors filed two murder charges because they have different theories. One says he acted alone to kill Berreth, and another says he alone or with other people killed her during a robbery.

The three solicitation charges refer to soliciting the murder in three separate incidents. It could mean he solicited the same person three times or three people on different occasions.

BREAKING: New details in Patrick Frazee charges released for suspected murder of Kelsey Berreth
The charges listed on the court papers also say Frazee, possibly along with at least one other person, allegedly tried to rob Berreth and she was killed afterward.

Thanks, Ricky. This article has more detail.

During the hearing Monday, little information was given out -- Judge Linda Billings-Vela mostly issued rulings on preliminary motions that were filed by the defense and prosecutors. Those motions included requests to preserve information from law enforcement, limit media coverage of the court proceedings, limit the DA's contact with media, and to get the probable cause affidavit that contains the reason for Frazee's murder charge.

Billings-Vela agreed to partial preservation of law enforcement communications (with the exception of thousands of routine emails/text messages), shot down the defense's request to shut out media completely, and said the DA's office can continue hosting press conferences and releasing information through Twitter/Facebook. One piece of evidence was introduced that may be destroyed during testing, and the prosecution team filed a motion to say it's waiting for more information before officially introducing it.

But Frazee's attorney, Adam Steigerwald, said it was impossible to represent his client when the state wouldn't release the probable cause affidavit outlining the case against Frazee. Prosecutors said they would release the affidavit to Steigerwald Monday, but said he couldn't discuss the document with Frazee.

That brought an obvious objection from Steigerwald.

Billings-Vela questioned the move, and called it a "direct tension with the Sixth Amendment."

"How’s counsel supposed to start preparing if he can’t even discuss the information he’s receiving?" Billings-Vela said. "I’m well aware there are multiple investigations, and I want to make sure they’re not hampered, but Frazee has the right to be represented by counsel who can inform him."

Prosecutors asked for a hold of seven to 10 days before Frazee could see the affidavit, but that matter, along with the motion about the evidence testing, will be discussed at a hearing this coming Friday at 1:30 p.m.

Regardless, Dan May said that the affidavit would be released to the public pending a judge's ruling by Jan. 29, when Frazee will have his next preliminary hearing. That affidavit will shine a light on both the reason for the murder and solicitation charges.

At this time, no other suspects or persons of interest have been identified.

So, they don’t want P to know (just yet) who turned him in, maybe?

So the defense atty. wants to see the arrest papers and find out who
the witness is that snitched and helped LE arrest PF.
I hope they can delay giving out this info, IMO, that witness is
in potential danger.
We just had a case here in my area where a case was ready to go
to trial and the primary witness was murdered just before trial.
These things DO happen.

Frazee showed no emotion in the Teller County Court in Cripple Creek on Monday morning.

He was charged with two counts of murder in the first degree and three counts of solicitation to commit murder in the first degree, District Attorney Dan May said.

Prosecutors filed two murder charges because they have different theories. One says he acted alone to kill Berreth, and another says he alone or with other people killed her during a robbery.

The three solicitation charges refer to soliciting the murder in three separate incidents. It could mean he solicited the same person three times or three people on different occasions.

The second theory leads me to believe they can not verify info from a witness/solicitee. If someone is claiming a F2F meeting took place; there best be documentation proving they were both in the same geographic area. Not one in CO & the other in Taiwan.

Last edited:
PF’s court appearance today—I can’t tell if he’s ... calm, concerned, worried, scared or what. A bit of a poker face.

I now have a different take on him not talking and showing pretty much no emotion- if there are others out there with direct knowledge of this crime, whether it’s because they participated or were part of conversations to harm KB, he’s trying to be an example to them. Basically- keep your mouth shut.

I think he’s arrogant enough to think his jail stay maybe temporary. All, my opinion.

*edit: spelling

Last edited:
The charges listed on the court papers also say Frazee, possibly along with at least one other person, allegedly tried to rob Berreth and she was killed afterward.
BREAKING: New details in Patrick Frazee charges released for suspected murder of Kelsey Berreth
Question for you PommyMommy or one of our lawyers..
Is it possible the robbery charge is nothing more than him stealing her phone to move it to Idaho to send texts? That would be a felony charge due to the high cost of a phone alone. And then you add it in connection to murder. Could the solicitation include three separate individuals he tried to persuade to commit this for him?

He has no choice. His boots & hats can be retired, IMO

Did you see his bro?

One can only imagine the anger PF must be experiencing not knowing exactly what the state has at this point and now he can wait until Friday. Finally...….something he DOESN'T know or can control. That's pales in comparison IMO to what the Berreth family don't know because he's chosen to remain silent.

I was just thinking, too bad the Judge can’t barter. I have what you want but P has what we want. Ridiculous, I know.

Chriiiiky. Oh my. Thank you. It’s heartwrenching.

Wow, the Jan 4 motions hearing is slated for 3.5 hours. :eek: (BBM)

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search
Docket for: Teller County - Teller County Courthouse
Showing 1 - 3 of 3 records

1/3/19
8:30 AM 1H FRAZEE, PATRICK Pre-Trial Conference D602018JV26 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

1/4/19
1:30 PM 3.50H FRAZEE, PATRICK Motions Hearing D602018CR330 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

1/29/19
9:00 AM 1D FRAZEE, PATRICK Preliminary Hearing D602018CR330 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

At work. Can someone kindly give me an update on what’s going on? Pleazzz.

PF was charged with 5 Felony counts in court today. ( 2 counts 1st degree murder and 3 counts solicitation to commit murder).

Friday, January 4th - PF Motions Hearing - 1:30pm
Tuesday, January 29th PF Preliminary Hearing - 9am

The charges indicate that authorities believe Frazee conspired with at least one other person to kill Berreth. The multiple solicitation charges suggest he engaged someone or multiple people to kill Berreth on three occasions.

Judge denies defense bid for gag order Prosecutors ask for "consumptive testing" of unspecified evidence. Motion to be heard Friday.

Under Colorado law, they file separate counts under different theories of first-degree murder. They filed under two theories: One is deliberation for murder. And the other is felony murder.

Once a plea is entered they have nine weeks to decide if they will seek the death penalty.

Court documents show authorities believe Berreth was killed at her Woodland Park home and it’s unknown if others were present at the crime scene.

jmo

Last edited:
Question for you PommyMommy or one of our lawyers..
Is it possible the robbery charge is nothing more than him stealing her phone to move it to Idaho to send texts? That would be a felony charge due to the high cost of a phone alone. And then you add it in connection to murder. Could the solicitation include three separate individuals he tried to persuade to commit this for him?

Scroll back. I posted CO robbery definition. Not once, but twice, for the convenience of all. Post 1161

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl