CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It occurred to me that she might have checked herself in to the rehab in Gooding on the 25th, hence the text messages to PF and work, and then checked herself back out and then disappeared. (i.e., left the rehab without completing the program) . But if that were the case, then PF would tell LE that, LE would check for her there, find out she had been there and left, and then they would have reported that information (I think) at the presser. If her text gave a reason why she wasn't going to be in for work, we don't know what reason she gave. We have no idea what message was given by her to PF, or what she had told him she was going to do when he last saw her on 11/22.

I wish the police would at least tell us if they believe she is a danger to herself. Why couldn't a reporter at the PC have asked that question?

Edited for typo
Rehab? What led you to that train of thought?

Fair enough. That is not allowed. I’m equally curious why people are posting that they “know” KB “needs help” and that they are caring for her child without links or VI status. Bit of a mess at the moment.

Jmo.
Yeah, I mean, if posting about the family being LE is defamation of character, isn't insinuating that Kelsey is missing because she needs help, without absolute proof, tarnishing Kelsey, too? What if the poor woman is scared for her life and hiding out somewhere? What if someone actually kidnapped her- staying silent is going to help her come home how? I mean, going against Kelsey's mom in trying to find her own daughter just seems disrespectful to me.

Please talk to the Woodland Park Police to confirm this.

What are you doing to bring Kelsey home?
You want the hundreds of people viewing this to contact the Woodland Park PD to confirm that they don’t want to talk to you? Wouldn’t that waste valuable resources that could be used to find Kelsey? That is your goal, right?

The information about the date Kelsey's mom contacted the police can be verified by the chief of police himself. He specifically said in the press conference that Kelsey's mom contacted LE on DEC 2. You can listen to the chief of police say it:

It is also specifically stated in the press release which has been posted over and over. MOO

DECEMBER 2 - KELSEY'S MOM CALLED WPPD
WPPD DID A WELFARE CHECK
THIS WAS THE ONE AND ONLY WELFARE CHECK

PER THE WOODLAND PARK POLICE DEPT

I watched the interview, too, and thought it all just sounded, well, odd. So instead Kelsey bought her own small home because they couldn't afford a huge one together? Are cattle prices poor? We watch "Pioneer Woman" on Food Network and seems her husband's cattle business is bringing them in millions in OK but I'm sure it's different all over depending on your business. And, it's cheaper to live together than apart. Shared taxes, shared electric, shared mortgage... this just isn't making sense in my head with what little we know.
Sometimes you can't put a price on not having to live with your fiance's parents. KB is employed, not living beyond her means, and deserves her privacy for herself and her child. MOO

Has anyone posted a definitive timeline of what is known/fact at the moment?

The Nov. 25 date is omitted but it doesn't say it never happened. I'll continue to believe the various media reports and if they revise it, I'll reconsider. I find it impossible to believe a mother and grandmother who doesn't hear--and can't reach--her daughter/grandchild is going to wait ten days to ask LE for a welfare check.

JMO
The media got its information from LE. The reporters listened to the press conference held by the chief of police and reporters got the info mixed up. I listened to the dang presser three times before I was confident in what he was saying. He sort of explains the timeline backwards so it's easy to assume the mom called LE on Nov 25, but what she actually did was call the fiance on Dec 2 and he told her he last heard from Kelsey in a text on Nov 25. The mother received that information on Dec 2. She called the police on Dec 2. The police conducted the community caretaker search at her residence on Dec 2. That's the info from the press conference.

Local reporters wanted to cover the case, but were frustrated because LE wasn't talking to them....until the press conference. Reporters didn't have much information at all before the press conference.

jmo

The information about the date Kelsey's mom contacted the police can be verified by the chief of police himself. He specifically said in the press conference that Kelsey's mom contacted LE on DEC 2. You can listen to the chief of police say it:

Just because he doesn't say something doesn't mean it did not happen, it means he finds the date the missing person report was filed to be more relevant to his investigation going forward. Not sure why it matters so much. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mili