CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but they didn't say there was no trail of pings. They just only said her (possible since might not have been her) last known contact was texts sent from her phone to fiance and employer that happened to ping in Idaho. They're being very selective in what they share so I assume there's more to it but could be wrong.

Do you feel, though, that they'd be less inclined to consider it possibly a false ping if there were a trail of additional pings that were geographically close by?

Right but they didn't say there was no trail of pings. They just only said her last known contact was texts sent from her phone to fiance and employer that happened to ping in Idaho. They're being very selective in what they share so I assume there's more to it but could be wrong.
Maybe. The way I understood the info is that first it was reported that her phone pinged in Idado. There was no info at that time (that I recall) about any texts - just the ping.

Later, we learned about the texts.

So info about the ping came first, IIRC, and there was no mention of a string of pings.

But...who knows. Maybe it's pinging all over the place and we just don't know. And one ping in particular happened the same day as the texts and we don't know about other pings.

I happen to think the phone was disabled so it wouldn't ping, but then - in a remote area - it was turned on to send texts. Just a hunch.

jmo

Couldn't it also be that she travelled- had an impulse to get out of town, turned her phone off so she wouldn't be hassled, turned it back on just make make a few texts, let work know that she wasn't coming in ( but didn't want to have to talk to ANYONE) and turned it off again? Again, just trying to think of alternatives that fit the narrative of the statement made on FB.

It's possible. But why wouldn't she text her mother, to say she was going out of town on a trip, and she'd be back in touch later? It seems odd that she wouldn't notify her, knowing she'd be concerned.

Especially if they had spoken that Thanksgiving morning, and she told Mom that she was having dinner with her 'fiance' and baby. But then she takes off on a sudden out of state trip?

Do you feel, though, that they'd be less inclined to consider it possibly a false ping if there were a trail of additional pings that were geographically close by?
Yes, but two texts were both false pings? Was the ping separate from the texts like a separate piece of data? I'm so confused honestly!

I linked the conveyance earlier on this thread. Kelsey was the Grantor and the LLC was the Grantee. That is, Kelsey conveyed her home to the LLC.

As this shows ... it ends up as the LLC..

RealEstate.com | Find Real Estate, Properties & Homes for Sale

Scroll down to the property history.

This makes me wonder if the home was purchased as an investment. Perhaps Kelsey was only living there temporarily with plans to rent the house out after she married and moved? Is this community one that tourists often visit? The mountain views from the home make me think it would be a perfect AirBnB type property with some fixing up and staging. JMO.

If I wanted to get away from stress and pressure, and handed my baby off to the baby daddy, and texted my boss and said 'later' ----I'd want time to decompress. So I'd probably text my Mother as well, and say I was going out of town and wouldn't be around for a week or so. Just to keep my phone from blowing up.

It's possible. But why wouldn't she text her mother, to say she was going out of town on a trip, and she'd be back in touch later? It seems odd that she wouldn't notify her, knowing she'd be concerned.

Especially if they had spoken that Thanksgiving morning, and she told Mom that she was having dinner with her 'fiance' and baby. But then she takes off on a sudden out of state trip?
The only reason I can think of, in that instance, is a conflict between mother/daughter . Or, perhaps, Kelsey was in a very dark place. The lack of information is frustrating all the way around and the above scenario goes AGAINT my initial take when the story first broke. I'm just trying to see how all the pieces might fit together. My hinkey meter is still high regarding a person who was a no show at the PC.

I linked the conveyance earlier on this thread. Kelsey was the Grantor and the LLC was the Grantee. That is, Kelsey conveyed her home to the LLC.

As this shows ... it ends up as the LLC..

RealEstate.com | Find Real Estate, Properties & Homes for Sale

Scroll down to the property history.

Also of note-- it is a one bedroom, one bath house. Not ideal with a baby. Eventually the baby will need her own room. This doesn't seem like a house purchased as a future residence with the fiance and baby. It could be purchased as a vacation home though. Or if she wasn't the full time caretaker of the baby and was planning to remain single. I'm leaning more towards this was an investment home or second vacation type residence though. JMO.

This makes me wonder if the home was purchased as an investment. Perhaps Kelsey was only living there temporarily with plans to rent the house out after she married and moved? Is this community one that tourists often visit? The mountain views from the home make me think it would be a perfect AirBnB type property with some fixing up and staging. JMO.

Her home is one of the cheapest listed for Woodland Park on real estate sites. 700+ sq ft one bedroom, one bath. Probably cheaper than paying rent.

Also of note-- it is a one bedroom, one bath house. Not ideal with a baby. Eventually the baby will need her own room. This doesn't seem like a house purchased as a future residence with the fiance and baby. It could be purchased as a vacation home though. Or if she wasn't the full time caretaker of the baby and was planning to remain single. I'm leaning more towards this was an investment home or second vacation type residence though. JMO.
Are there stipulations in some real estate transactions about the home having to be occupied a certain amount of time each year? Could that be why the couple doesn't live together - someone had to be occupying the one-bedroom? Just guessing in the dark here. jmo

Maybe they planned to add on in the future?

Are there stipulations in some real estate transactions about the home having to be occupied a certain amount of time each year? Could that be why the couple doesn't live together - someone had to be occupying the one-bedroom? Just guessing in the dark here. jmo

I'm thinking with the fiance's cattle business that he probably needs/prefers to be near the ranch. *shrug*

I find something inherently wrong with a woman who abandons her children. And I'm just not getting that kind of a vibe from her. Not that my vibes count for anything. Just talking here.

JMO
Im not getting that vibe either. I have just learned about this case today and I am worried for her safety at this point. It doesnt sound good to me about the circumstances in how she became missing.

I will hold out hope and prayers for her.

OH, looks like there are 2 bedrooms:

Interior Features
Bedrooms
Beds: 2
Bathrooms
Baths: 1

The website is confusing...it says 1 bedroom in the description close to the top of the page, but 2 bedrooms in the section underneath. Maybe it has a small extra room that could be used as a bedroom or a den?

IDK. I've never heard of that. Who would check to see if she was actually living there full time? I have heard of restrictions on a fast resale or on renting out a house if you bought it as your primary residence though. That may be why the home was transferred to a corporation- to make it easy to sell not long after buying (like an investment property/flip house) or to make it legal to rent later. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel