CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you not listen to the words she says yourself? The word in the quote in question is God. She does the word dog in another sentence when she asks people not to "dog the facebook page" with rumors and speculations. So we have her saying both words for comparison. It is clear she said "God" in the sentence where she said "Kelsey loves her God". There is no reason to debate this. Some media printed the wrong word. Her family is saying she is religious and there is no mention of a dog anywhere else. Because there is no dog.
The word before God or dog is "to". For her to say "She loves to God" makes no sense. (in my opinion) For her to say she loves to dog makes no sense either. The reason ABC and NY Times printed "dog" is because that was someone's impression on what she said.

Just spoke to Gazette and let them know.

Kind of sad to see people’s name crucified because they share the same last name.

Let the Gazette correct their inaccuracies.

Until then Kelsey we know you need help and your baby is being taken care of. We can promise you that.

This media attention might scare her into not wanting to come home.

Please God bring Kelsey home!

Can you help us understand your position? If something happened, like a breakup that really upset Kelsey, and she needed some time away, wouldn't her fiancee have alerted her family that she might be in need of help, therefore preventing this whole media outbreak and keeping it a private matter to locate her privately? Instead it's being treated like a strange missing persons case.

The word before God or dog is "to". For her to say "She loves to God" makes no sense. (in my opinion) For her to say she loves to dog makes no sense either. The reason ABC and NY Times printed "dog" is because that was someone's impression on what she said.
No mention by LE of a dog found alone in Kelsey's house.

That is an interesting statement from her mom. She made it sound like Kelsey and her fiance had not been able to find a house to buy due to the inflated housing market. I can understand that. But we know Kelsey bought a house on her own in May. Seven months is plenty of time to move in together or get married if they were in a serious relationship. Her mom also mentions something about PF having cattle and the prices dropping so "money wasn't available as soon as they hoped" -- Money for what? A big wedding? Don't the bride's parents usually pay for the wedding? Or is it different in Seventh Day Adventist culture? I have a feeling someone has been selling a story to someone else. I'm not sure if it was PF stringing Kelsey along and saying for 2 years that they would get married as soon as they had more money OR if Kelsey was telling her family that the relationship was "good except they needed more money." But someone has bought and sold a bill of goods that stinks. There is something off about what has been presented. MOO.
I disagree there was any mention of inflated housing market, but rather it was poor cattle prices and/or livestock economy (i.e., PK business) that was impacting the couples ability to achieve their goals of buying property together. We already know that KB was able to purchase a small, older townhome in her own name presumably with her own income. However, based on demeanor, I wasn't necessarily convinced that this was a loving, happy relationship! MOO
Mother of Kelsey Berreth asked about relationship between and her daughter and her fiancé

Kelsey's townhouse was listed as being under 800 square feet. That's tight for 2 adults and a child.

PF also may need to be at work super early so it's easier to live where he does

I agree it is small, but when you love someone and you have a child together you make sacrifices like choosing to live where you can afford housing and driving an extra 15 minutes to work if need be. I haven't mapped it but someone said Kelsey would have to drive over an hour to her place of employment. That's a long commute IMO. If the townhome Kelsey owned was not acceptable they could have explored other options. I'm not convinced this was a loving, committed relationship. I'm not convinced they were still together as a couple at all. MOO.

I can't catch up.

Look, about the press conference, IMO it was not called in order to "turn up the heat" on PF.

You will recall that the news of the disappearance happened over the weekend, and suddenly WPPD got a thousand calls from media outlets all over for information. And questions like, "Why haven't we heard about this?" "What is being done?" and "Is there a killer on the loose?" Also, KB's momma was in town and was likely pitching a fit about "Why isn't anybody doing anything?"

Instead of fielding a thousand separate calls, they coordinated a press conference, called in to the CBI media person for help, and the police chief read a short statement with very few details. They took very few questions and left us with more questions than answers. The Chief did not appear overly concerned about KB or PF. He acknowledged that PF was cooperating. And he let momma read a statement.

There does not appear to be any reason to "turn up the heat" on PF.

And it even appears that PF didn't feel the need to hire an attorney to issue a statement for him until the media started hounding him. By all appearances, the police have zero interest in him as a suspect.
So you think she left on her own and killed herself?

Kelsey's townhouse was listed as being under 800 square feet. That's tight for 2 adults and a child.

PF also may need to be at work super early so it's easier to live where he does
If I viewed the correct house, it listed around $180,000. That's high for a single woman with a baby. I lived in a 650 sq foot rented condo when I got divorced and it was plenty of space for me, with a huge MBR (too much space there) and a huge dining room (didn't need that space - used it as an office) and I imagine for 2 adults as well who are just starting out. A baby would take up minimal space. CO home prices are pretty darn high!

Ok, have it your way. I have no idea what you are hearing but I'm not going to argue. :rolleyes:

Susan Powell's husband had custody and ending up killing the children. It seems LE hands are tied in these cases without clear proof.

Just to set the record straight Josh Powell had supervised visitation. He took the kids in the house and shut out the caseworker. He did not have custody, Susan’s parents did at the time that he killed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member