CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #21 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These people were simply doing his bidding, whoever they are, and whatever their number.

The motive was his, and his alone.

10 people could be involved here, and it doesn’t change the motive.

Whatever it truly is.
He does seem to have the ability to find people who are willing to do anything for him. Case in point, the 2 guys who went to the dump with him, his new side kick, his mom. It seems even Kelsey compromised her standards on some levels for Patrick.

I feel I am beginning to get a clearer picture of the charges against PF but will wait for his arraignment to know if I am on point. I have said enough for now and I don’t know much about the girl in Idaho since I don’t read FB. But I do know I would never, for anyone, conceal someone else’s property or try to dispose of it. And if she did,
look what it has done to her life. But if she did, she deserves what she gets. And more. JMO.
What clearer picture? Do share.

I don't think he ever intended to make it look like a robbery at all. His plan was to make believe she went to Idaho and something terrible happened on the way. He's charged with robbery because he took the purse and the phone. LE knows he had the phone, because he gave it to this woman. That connects him to the crime. Imo

Verified attorneys- if he simply took her purse and phone after he killed her could that be enough for these charges? I thought they had to have proof she died because of the robbery (armed robbery first that CAUSES death), but I may be wrong. It is a hard concept to wrap your head around though since we know his ultimate goal was murdering her.

Can I call her "not too bright" ?!?!? Seriously, who would ever take possession of someone else's phone, for any reason? I can barely get them away from my teens when I ground them.... which is daily btw :)

I am curious as to where the media got "destroyed (KB's) phone" from, as I actually did not see that said anywhere before the MSM reports. I've seen the nurse in Idaho brought up, speculation that she was his girlfriend, and other things that are being said here, but destroying the phone is new to me. I am guessing LE must have leaked that, or maybe someone close to the nurse (though, the people who know the nurse have also been singing pretty loudly, so I am surprised that had not gotten out until now, if it was from them).

The Denver Post‏Verified account @denverpost 13m13 minutes ago
Withholding arrest affidavit from Kelsey Berreth’s alleged killer violates his constitutional rights, legal experts say

Withholding Patrick Frazee arrest warrant affidavit violates rights, expert says
Yes. We'll see if the judge allows this or not.
Another thing I've heard all along and in this article is this:
"Frazee told investigators that he and Berreth met to exchange their 1-year-old daughter for a holiday visit."
That sounds to me that Frazee either thought or wanted others to thing they were broken up and he was just getting his daughter for a visitation.
I do think he went to retrieve his daughter prior to the robbery and murder. Unless, taking his daughter from Kelsey was done in a robbery way? idk. I hope not. I hope the little girl didn't witness anything.

She could have designated a Godparent.
Remember the realtor in TX that went missing during hurricane? Her estranged husband confessed to her murder? Their two kids were promptly moved to a dif state to be raised by a designated friend named in a will.
Until that time, a relative had temp’ custody.

Jmo

Yeah, I’m from Houston. That was such a heartbreaking case. Do you know if the relative fought for permanent custody and lost because she had designated the godparent? Or did the relative just accept and honor her wishes?

ETA: If Kelsey had designated her mother, I wonder if that holds more weight than SF fighting it?

I mistakenly picked up a colleague's phone at work that had the same color cover. I was so alarmed when I realized it wasn't mine I couldn't get it out of my hand fast enough.

A phone is SO VERY PERSONAL now, full of so much of our lives, our family, our friends, our wishes, our rants, our plans

I cannot fathom how someone could carry someone else's cell phone 10 hours drive away from their home and then open it. I cannot imagine a situation where I would obey a friend /bf's wishes to use someone else's phone to send a text, or even answer it if I did not clearly understand the wishes of the phone's owner.

This woman has an awful lot to explain to make this an innocent act.
Bam! Bam! Bam!

If there is another woman involved, I believe the motive is more than a simple case of having full custody.

I believe Kelsey broke up with PF and he was burned by it. I think he was jealous of Kelsey and never got over it.

Even if PF dated another woman, I believe PF felt his life would never measure up to the one he would've had with Kelsey.

Kelsey was working during the week while he (his mother) took care of the baby. PF was taking on what has historically been a "traditional feminine role" while Kelsey was thriving in her successful career as a pilot instructor.

The only way PF, with his big ego, could go on in life would be to kill Kelsey.
I don’t see this at all but I may be wrong. I don’t think he loved her and I don’t think it was a rage killing. I just think he wanted to be done with her. Period.

Since she-who-must-not-be-named (yet) is under investigation, does anyone know if we can sleuth her as soon as her name is published by MSM? Mods?
To be sleuthable, they would have to be named as a POI/suspect/accessory related to Kelsey's disappearance/murder. In other words, the name alone becoming public is not enough to start sleuthing the person.

Can I call her "not too bright" ?!?!? Seriously, who would ever take possession of someone else's phone, for any reason? I can barely get them away from my teens when I ground them.... which is daily btw :)

Or someone like Wanda Barzee, a woman who helped Mitchell kidnap, rape and keep captive Elizabeth Smart. Some women are pathologically dependent, with a Dependent Personality Disorder. A person like this does anything to be obedient. And please her "master".

So far, the only thing we know the RN has done is dispose of the phone. At this time, no one has said the RN was present when the phone was taken or KB was murdered. Not even mention of her transporting the phone. IANAL, but this looks like accessory after the fact, not solicitation. Am I right?

Verified attorneys- if he simply took her purse and phone after he killed her could that be enough for these charges? I thought they had to have proof she died because of the robbery (armed robbery first that CAUSES death), but I may be wrong. It is a hard concept to wrap your head around though since we know his ultimate goal was murdering her.

This was explained a couple days ago by two attys., iirc. Maybe right after court Monday. So the info is in the last thread. Presumably.

He does seem to have the ability to find people who are willing to do anything for him. Case in point, the 2 guys who went to the dump with him, his new side kick, his mom. It seems even Kelsey compromised her standards on some levels for Patrick.
Interesting thoughts.....
But, maybe that's why they never moved into his mothers place and got married. She seemed like a woman who refused to compromise with him.

I don't know.....

Unfortunately, if you’ve dealt with the family courts, you’ll see it’s cheaper to kill someone than fight for custody of the child.

There’s many families that spend thousands of dollars every day in custody disputes. Disputes that go on for years and are VERY expensive.

It’s about custody (control) and child support (money).

It’s really that simple to me.

I'm waiting to see if the Idaho woman phone news pans out as solid and accurate reporting. No other MSM sources seem to be running with it. There may be something there, but i'm still leery of jumping in with both feet until it's confirmed by LE publicly.

It appears several news outlets are now reporting the information on the Idaho woman being investigated for disposing of KB's phone.

Denver Post
Idaho woman under investigation for possibly disposing of Kelsey Berreth’s cell phone, ABC News reports

KRDO
Idaho woman possibly disposed of Kelsey Berreth's cell phone

The Gazette
Idaho woman reportedly being investigated in disposal of Kelsey Berreth's cellphone

ABC News and others.

This seems very real and it might not be long until she is named by LE. MOO

I second this question.

I thought her death had to have happened during the commission of the robbery, with robbery being the primary goal not her murder.

Taking her phone and purse afterwards wouldn’t fit, if it’s how I’m interpeting the felony murder charge.

I mistakenly picked up a colleague's phone at work that had the same color cover. I was so alarmed when I realized it wasn't mine I couldn't get it out of my hand fast enough.

A phone is SO VERY PERSONAL now, full of so much of our lives, our family, our friends, our wishes, our rants, our plans

I cannot fathom how someone could carry someone else's cell phone 10 hours drive away from their home and then open it. I cannot imagine a situation where I would obey a friend /bf's wishes to use someone else's phone to send a text, or even answer it if I did not clearly understand the wishes of the phone's owner.

This woman has an awful lot to explain to make this an innocent act.

But, I am just trying to think of it the other way, because I like to try and give benefit of the doubt until officially charged. What if you visited a boyfriend for Thanksgiving. You pack up and drive home. You unpack your bags, and find a phone that isn't yours. You turn it on to see who it belongs to, and texts send. You realize it's KB's phone. Then what do you do? She isn't known to be missing yet... (actually asking what you and others think)...

I'd probably call my boyfriend and say I somehow have your ex's phone. I'd message KB on Facebook to tell her, too. I'd be on high alert that something is off...but then I guess is when PF's personality would play in - does he threaten her? play it off and tell her to toss the phone out? does he come clean about what he did, and then she helps him?

Or, maybe she knew from the beginning and this question is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18