CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #24 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A spokesperson for St. Luke's said the nurse is currently on administrative leave and that the hospital is "fulfilling its legal obligations" with police requests. The details of those police requests are presently unknown.
Authorities investigating Idaho nurse allegedly associated with Kelsey Berreth’s fiance
So they must be digging into her timecard, schedule, interviewing co-workers etc. She is definitely a POI in this crime. Sounds like protective custody isn't what's going on as some have suggested. I think she's talking.

Yes, on all the other questions she answered she would say with certain knowledge that LE is following leads, on this question she said "I believe' LE continues to follows leads. We all know that she knows whether or not LE is looking for the body. Why say "I believe" ? It seems both in her body language and verbal language she distances herself from the body search question.
I definitely noticed that also yesterday.

I do wonder though is the “sensitive evidence” being transported from Idaho to CO might just be bone fragments or ashes. Forensics might tell the whole story if they do find fragments or blood anywhere and I think they did.
No. If there were any kinds of human remains (even human ashes) those would not be shipped to Colorado. They would remain in Idaho and a death investigation would commence under Idaho jurisdiction.

But, he went to a lot of trouble hiding her body so it wouldn't be found, or so it appears. That would prevent him from collecting quickly as she is only "missing", and that IS what he wanted everyone to believe.

And this is exactly why I think PF just wanted KB out of the picture. Argh....I feel vile even typing that. I don’t think he was the beneficiary to anything.....he wanted his life as he wanted it to be so he just disposed of KB.

ETA: MOO

Last edited:
Not legally.

Lol, one of the first questions, imo, “what interest do you have in the person you wish to insure”, nevermind the hundreds of questions, dob, height, weight, name of doctor, maiden name of mother.....on & on. Moo

MOO. Yes. I think you hit on two reasons. MOO 1. What vehicle she was traveling in. 2. Who was watching. MOO
Early on, I wondered about this too. Another member who lives in the area posted she went to Safeway and there are a number of cameras within the store as well. My thoughts were, someone may have been there, watching out, and perhaps then followed her out, reported back to PF that she was on her way home. Maybe that individual followed her home as well? Not sure. Just thinking. MOO

I am not a lawyer. My first assumption is, yes, the meaning is, what he did was horribly inhumane, and she was a human.

However, the wording also sounds like...as if...his duty was to protect her, and she was, in a way, vulnerable?

Hmmm, she must have been deemed “healthy”for her pre employment physical with DOSS. IMO

Last edited:
No body, no known way of death, no known location, no motive. Today, no known use of succinylcholine, either.

However, the case is so complicated and illogical, nothing would surprise me.

MOO

I am addressing this from an academic standpoint and not a KB standpoint in sensitivity to her family. In cases, where you have a crime scene but no body but tissue is found. Depending on that tissue, a pathologist can determine that certain tissue found is inconsistent with life.

Dan May said they had nine weeks to decide whether or not to file as a DP. Can any of the verified attorneys weigh in on when that clock began/begins?

I'm not an attorney but this was covered during Watts case. The "clock" begins at arraignment.

In Colorado, the prosecution may seek the death penalty for Class 1 felonies — which include things like first-degree murder and treason — if they are able to prove at least one aggravating factor in the case and prove any aggravating factors outweigh any mitigating factors.

The district attorney's office has 63 days after PF's arraignment, where he'll plead guilty or not guilty, to file a statement of intent to seek the death penalty.

Has PF's arraignment been scheduled yet?

The parents are likely the representatives of KB's estate, and their actions would include the interest of KB's minor child.
A probate case hasn't been opened. If there was a will then someone would be the Executor. Absent a will, under Colorado law Kelsey's daughter inherits everything. In a probate setting a Guardian Ad Litem would be appointed to represent the daughter's interests in the estate and a Trustee would ultimately be appointed to manage and protect the estate for the benefit of her daughter.

Keep in mind that Kelsey has not been legally declared dead so this is getting ahead of things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member