CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #24 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Life insurance would be very expensive for a pilot, if I'm not mistaken it's actually one of the questions asked on the form when you apply. Her company would most likely provide some type of coverage that she may or may not have increased and paid for the additional. She seemed responsible, having a daughter, owning a home and successful career leads me to believe she would have the mindset to take care of her daughter. If he were the beneficiary and he knew it - getting rid of her solved a lot of his problems. Additionally, her parents may have a policy on her too. JMO
Agree. I’m hoping that if KB had some real “issues” with PF the past year, she didn’t name him beneficiary for anything (insurance, 401k, bank accounts, house). We’ll see. I know we all know this, but it is SO important to have your beneficiaries and contingent beneficiaries named, and ensure they are current, and have a will and related basic documents!

Can one take out life insurance on someone without their knowledge?

Usually you have to have some type of blood work and a physical questionnaire for a substantial policy. So even if it were permitted I don't think it could be done.

Hmmm, she must have been deemed “healthy as a horse” for her pre employment physical with DOSS. IMO

You just can’t have specific illnesses or conditions, but you could have some issues that won’t disqualify you. There are lists posted of the illnesses that will prevent flying, i.e heart condition, bi-polar, asthma, poor hearing, etc...

Hmmm, she must have been deemed “healthy as a horse” for her pre employment physical with DOSS. IMO

Not funny in the least. We all have a responsibility to value human life. This is the legal way of saying it for the civil proceeding.

I'm not an attorney but this was covered during Watts case. The "clock" begins at arraignment.

In Colorado, the prosecution may seek the death penalty for Class 1 felonies — which include things like first-degree murder and treason — if they are able to prove at least one aggravating factor in the case and prove any aggravating factors outweigh any mitigating factors.

The district attorney's office has 63 days after PF's arraignment, where he'll plead guilty or not guilty, to file a statement of intent to seek the death penalty.

Has PF's arraignment been scheduled yet?
not yet

Sometimes I have to remind myself of what we do know to keep my speculation at bay.

The IN, unless she decided to go on the spur of the moment to WP, had to know what was going to happen.

According to what we know PF was shopping around for someone to kill KB since September 2018.

The murder was Thanksgiving Day. According to LE.

If you know someone is coming to visit you on a certain day you don't pick that day to murder someone UNLESS the person is in on it. So for those who think KK just took the phone and didn’t participate further I don’t think the facts support that theory. IF it was a crime of passion maybe I could lean towards that theory. BUT looking for, solicitating, someone for 3 months sounds like he (they) preplanned it.

KK is up to her cowgirl boots in this situation . JMO

I am addressing this from an academic standpoint and not a KB standpoint in sensitivity to her family. In cases, where you have a crime scene but no body but tissue is found. Depending on that tissue, a pathologist can determine that certain tissue found is inconsistent with life.
In the Carly "Charli" Scott case, investigators found her jawbone and bits of her fingertips - no body. They then told her family that they'd found a part of her that she could not live without. That's all we knew for months until they arrested Steven Capobianco for her murder. The body parts that were found were sufficient to prove that Charli was dead, and did not die of natural causes. Shortly before PF's arrest, someone posted that the family had gone quiet on the official FB page, and I got the feeling that something similar had happened in this case. There were two very thorough searches - one of PF's family property and one of KB's townhouse - and also some activity at the dump. LE knows something. MOO

It’s actually not easy to take a policy on someone w/o their knowledge, imo. The insured would need a physical & the person seeking to take a policy would need a whole lot of personal info, just for the app’ process. Moo
Ahhh.. KB as a pilot had regular required physicals and the date is part of her FAA license. Sullenberger, for comparison, has a qualifier on his FAA license that per his physical, corrective lenses are required. KB had no qualifiers.

I think it would be entirely possible and reasonable for a co-parent of baby to have a life insurance policy on a parent who has a somewhat risky profession. Maybe PF and KB got mutual policies at the same time. Don't they push those on new parents these days?

We haven't heard anything about a straight money motive, but it's certainly possible. Except for that no body problem... is it possible that the murderers did setup a car accident, like off a cliff on "her way to Idaho" but of course they cannot direct LE to the "scene of the accident" while they pretend that KB took off on a trip?

If her folks had a life policy on Kelsey, they may have set up some type of beneficiary agreement for little KB and PF may have thought he could get his hands on that too. For the life of me I can't believe that he really thought he could get away with this.

22. Upon information and belief, the events and injuries that Kelsey Berreth endured as a result of Frazee’s actions prior to her death are the forms of injuries that the passage of these statutes were intended to prevent.
23. Upon information and belief, the violation(s) of these statutes by Frazee were the direct and proximate cause of each injury Kelsey Berreth suffered prior to her death.
24. Upon information and belief, as a direct and proximate cause of said violation of these statutes by Frazee, Kelsey Berreth endured fatal injuries that resulted in her untimely death on or about November 22, 2018.

These parts tend to add to my belief that she may have been drugged. It’s jmo

I'm not an attorney but this was covered during Watts case. The "clock" begins at arraignment.

In Colorado, the prosecution may seek the death penalty for Class 1 felonies — which include things like first-degree murder and treason — if they are able to prove at least one aggravating factor in the case and prove any aggravating factors outweigh any mitigating factors.

The district attorney's office has 63 days after PF's arraignment, where he'll plead guilty or not guilty, to file a statement of intent to seek the death penalty.

Has PF's arraignment been scheduled yet?
There is already a scheduled Preliminary Hearing. I would think he would have to have been arraigned on the charges in order to have that scheduled.

ETA - It seems that in Colorado that the initial appearance is the arraignment.

Last edited:
22. Upon information and belief, the events and injuries that Kelsey Berreth endured as a result of Frazee’s actions prior to her death are the forms of injuries that the passage of these statutes were intended to prevent.
23. Upon information and belief, the violation(s) of these statutes by Frazee were the direct and proximate cause of each injury Kelsey Berreth suffered prior to her death.
24. Upon information and belief, as a direct and proximate cause of said violation of these statutes by Frazee, Kelsey Berreth endured fatal injuries that resulted in her untimely death on or about November 22, 2018.

These parts tend to add to my belief that she may have been drugged. It’s jmo

Still makes me think she endured a beating. “Fatal injuries”, in the plural. I rule out gunshot, that’s too messy.
Per the large items removed from her home, could be no dna, it might be only cleaning fluids found.
Think back to nurse Melanie McGuire (machete melanie).
Iirc, they cd find no dna for her missing husband, two kids or Mel, in the family home. NONE.

A probate case hasn't been opened. If there was a will then someone would be the Executor. Absent a will, under Colorado law Kelsey's daughter inherits everything. In a probate setting a Guardian Ad Litem would be appointed to represent the daughter's interests in the estate and a Trustee would ultimately be appointed to manage and protect the estate for the benefit of her daughter.

Keep in mind that Kelsey has not been legally declared dead so this is getting ahead of things.
Trying to keep this simple and relative to the wrongful death lawsuit.

Nonetheless, it's very likely from prior reports (real estate purchase) that KB has a living trust, and would therefore bypass Colorado probate. Just the same, KB may have already named a successor Trustee for and including her child.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member