CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #24 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few cell phone questions which may or may not have been answered:

Once a text is deleted can it be recovered? In my experience the only way to get the actual wording of a text is from the phone itself correct? I’m wondering if PF was “smart” enough to have someone send the two texts but not smart enough to think about KB’s text history prior to that. Wondering if LE can get the actual text wording without the actual phone? Like on ICloud?

Same question about voicemails on a cell phone.

Any cell phone experts?

I’m really hoping someone was supposed to dispose of KB’s phone, but didn’t.
I have looked into this some and deleted texts can be recovered if the phone has been backed up to the cloud or to a computer.

I think I've heard several times where knowing about the possibility of a crime and saying nothing is not a crime. And not going to the police because you know is not a crime.
Failure to render aid is a traffic/driving violation. BUt I could be wrong...or partially wrong.
But pretty sure knowing about something is not a crime. Assisting with it, assisting with a cover up, or lying/interfering in the investigation of a crime is something one can be charged with
Someone mentioned something like that on this post, I don’t know about 10 pages ago, and that just floors me. So essentially a bartender can get arrested for serving a guy too many drinks who then goes out and mows down a bunch people driving drunk. But that same bartender can listen to that drunk I saying he’s gonna walk across the street and shoot his girlfriend, he does it, the bartender told no one. And that’s all cool?

She could be the mastermind behind it all. I put nothing past anyone.

I’m the same. I can’t presume a person arrested is guilty w/o knowing the evidence.
If P did solicit KK or John Doe, I want to know how LE proved the solicitee is not lying.
I think KK is in a most precarious situation.......hope she has a good lawyer, like we do here with Gitana, Prairie, Mercedes & Rio. Just sayin....
Talking too much, knowing too much, can make one look guilty, imo

Also, it would matter if the nurses are union at that hospital.
It would also matter if the hospital has a general written policy allowing for “personal leave” under justified circumstances. Then it would be a matter of whether they think her reason is a justified one.

Even in an at will state with no union, businesses can’t fire an employee for any reason or no reason. They can’t do it if it would be considered discriminatory, or if their own HR policies are in conflict.

IMO, if LE insisted that IN make herself available to them, and they discussed it with her employer, then the hospital would come off as real jerks if they fire her. It’s like firing somebody who gets called for jury duty - you don’t do it. Now obviously if it comes out that she had a significant role in the murder or cover-up rather than just being a material witness, they might choose to fire her once that comes to light. And if that comes to light then her job is probably the least of her worries, IMO.

What is interesting about this theory would be if that meant they had another person talking. It really seems like they have someone in the know talking and if it isn't IN, who could it be?

I’m guessing she talked to a girl friend or someone she worked with & they saw the KB case on the news & went to LE. Moo! Moo!
Girl talk, chit chat, not about murder but PF/CO.

Her brother later said or posted that she had made the c.rolls for breakfast...we don’t know if this was his assumption, or if Kelsey told her mother this. Nor do we know what recipes she asked for.

All in all, she seems not to have been worried or felt vulnerable. Her mom did not seem to think so...only taking note of her messy hair.

Jmo not sure if it seems better or worse if she knew something was wrong, or that she didn’t...
Is it possible that her brother also talked to her on Thanksgiving, to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving, and she told him she was eating cinnamon rolls for breakfast? Our daughter talks to hubby and I on the phone, then talks to her siblings on their phones, as she lives out of state. Maybe LE is leaving out the fact that brother and sister also talked on Thanksgiving morning.

27 years!

48 Hours had a good episode on it last year.

I absolutely don’t think that’s what happened here, but women do kill love rivals.
If you’re still talk SKM’s case... it was huge down here on our local news.. it is amazing how technology/DNA has changed the way crimes from decades ago can now be solved..... which is why I am totally behind whatever LE has discovered in the KB/PF case.

I’m going to regret this post... (IGTRTP) I can’t find a reference to CB saying what KB ate for breakfast only that they talked about a recipe that morning. She doesn’t say what the recipe was. Not saying CB doesn’t mention breakfast, I just can’t find that. Does anyone have a link?
That's because CB didn't say it - that I know of, anyway. KB's brother said in a FB post that is shown in a GMA video that she made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and the remainder were left on the stovetop.

About 1:14 or so: Colorado mom missing since Thanksgiving

Last edited:
I’m guessing she talked to a girl friend or someone she worked with & they saw the KB case on the news & went to LE. Moo! Moo!
Girl talk, chit chat, not about murder but PF/CO.

I also suspect KK is involved, BUT if she isn't PF spinning lies about KK needing to take KB's phone for custody reasons would be one of the more logical reasons. It would also open the door for another insider to be giving information about the crime. I don't think one of KK's friends would have any type of information about the actual murder, so would suspect it would come from someone else more involved.
MOO

I have looked into this some and deleted texts can be recovered if the phone has been backed up to the cloud or to a computer.
Deleted texts can be recovered from the phone itself. Unless and until the space the text message occupied on the phone is overwritten with something else it is recoverable. How soon the space is overwritten depends on many factors but most especially it depends on the app that was used for the messaging.

The hospital has rules & regulations, too.
KK May have conferred with HR & both decided a “leave” to be best for all.
Imagine if she worked tonight. the local news might be

I’m stationed outside blah blah hospital & there goes KK to report in as a nurse. We all know she’s involved in a murder investigation. Stay tuned.....We hope to see if she chooses Pepsi or Dr. Pepper when she goes to break. Don’t go away, more in a moment.

Someone mentioned something like that on this post, I don’t know about 10 pages ago, and that just floors me. So essentially a bartender can get arrested for serving a guy too many drinks who then goes out and mows down a bunch people driving drunk. But that same bartender can listen to that drunk I saying he’s gonna walk across the street and shoot his girlfriend, he does it, the bartender told no one. And that’s all cool?
Yeah...krazy isn't it? Floors me, too.

I think most of us are assuming she had some part of it more than just knowing. So far all we have heard in the media is disposal of the cellphone.
Speaking only for myself, I am making no assumptions regarding KK's level of involvement at this point. I just feel like there's not enough solid information - yet.

Yes during one of her interviews. CB stated like any relationship they had had their problems, but worked through them.

She mentioned tough finances.

I also suspect KK is involved, BUT if she isn't PF spinning lies about KK needing to take KB's phone for custody reasons would be one of the more logical reasons. It would also open the door for another insider to be giving information about the crime. I don't think one of KK's friends would have any type of information about the actual murder, so would suspect it would come from someone else more involved.
MOO

Right. I doubt KK confided over coffee she hoped to help murder a young woman over T-day. I think her friends knew she had a relationship with a fellow horse person. His name is an easy name to remember, imo.
I think it possible KK & friends discussed holiday plans.

Deleted texts can be recovered from the phone itself. Unless and until the space the text message occupied on the phone is overwritten with something else it is recoverable. How soon the space is overwritten depends on many factors but most especially it depends on the app that was used for the messaging.

Oh, I hope LE has texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member