CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense attorneys get a bad rap. When I did defense work, it was pro bono, a requirement and appointment by my local court through the law firm I worked with at the time. One thing I knew... defend the allegations, don't ask the defendant if they are true.
Yup! Good for you. After all, we are all entitled to a defense.
I always wonder how a defense attorney feels after winning a case, if he feels the client is guilty.
Is it like, “yikes, there’s now a murderer walking the streets because of me.” That’s how I would feel. I’d be grateful that I won the debate but concerned that my client might kill again.

I believe she purchased her condo in June? That was 3 months before the alleged Sept - Nov documented murder plannings. I have to wonder if the condo purchase (and all that that meant) was a trigger for him.
Yes- as in, she was going to stick around. I wonder, if they hadn't had a child together, would she still be alive right now?

If women kill their children to hold on to a man, would a man kill a fiance to hold on to another woman? I keep thinking something happened this past fall that was the straw, something that was worth soliciting someone for murder and planning out Kelsey's murder. It's hard to pin down a motive because so many times it's quick, done out of rage and anger, but this was carefully and soberly planned. Could KK have told him that he had to make a choice and he was too afraid to tell KB to get lost? I mean in his previous relations he cheated rather than ending things, that shows a desire to avoid confrontation. Doesn't it sound like he was cheating on KB with KK? Why not just say "hey KB, I've met someone else and I'm moving on", but that doesn't seem to be the case. Instead KB is still engaged, things are moving forward from her perspective and the only one who's talking about "break ups" is PF, at least that's what KB's family have said. But what happened in late summer or Aug that made him decide to kill her?
There is a chance that KK had also been told that PF and KB had ended things. Maybe KK wanted to move down and be closer, live on the farm, bring her kids.

I think there is a major geographic problem. One is 700 miles versus 15. No matter if their engagement had ended or not; this could create major tension.

I would guess if she is not arrested early next week then she will remain a witness which is good for the case. If she is charged then she had a significant charge and may hurt her as a witness.

She might already be arrested if it’s a FBI/federal arrest. It may definitely take a bit, depending on the logistics of it all.

From Twinn Falls, ID to Woodlank Park, CO
The driving time can be anywhere from
1st Route is 10hrs 59min, 797 miles or
2nd Route is 13hrs 26min 764 miles.

First one is all interstate the second is interstate and state routes.

Either way that is a LONG drive for one person....

I tried putting up a map, having a hard time on iPad. If someone can do it please do.
Twin Falls, ID to Woodland Park, CO - Google Maps

I would guess if she is not arrested early next week then she will remain a witness which is good for the case. If she is charged then she had a significant charge and may hurt her as a witness.
What about her lawyer, though? If she is merely a witness, why does she need a lawyer if she's not guilty of any wrong doing?

So they have known each other for six years. Supposedly, according to her co-workers, she and PF started dating around 2016, which was the same time period that Kelsey entered the picture. IN was a long distance relationship, so technically, at the time, she was no threat, living so far away. I wonder if she's known about Kelsey and the baby all this time? How did PF explain that after they started a relationship, he not only started dating Kelsey, he helped her move to CO and had a baby with her? Did Kelsey know about IN all this time?
I somehow doubt KB would have remained in the relationship if she felt she was "sharing" him.

Right. But the money he would spend to care for her would essentially be the entire check, imo.

Again, I just don’t know his income, I’ve never found any msm regarding his income or lack of.

We don't know the amount K will receive in benefits but we do know KB had a professional position at a reputable corporation. SS survivor income is based on the income of the deceased parent. We also don't know what life insurance KB may have had. JMO

From Twinn Falls, ID to Woodlank Park, CO
The driving time can be anywhere from
1st Route is 10hrs 59min, 797 miles or
2nd Route is 13hrs 26min 764 miles.

First one is all interstate the second is interstate and state routes.

Either way that is a LONG drive for one person....

I tried putting up a map, having a hard time on iPad. If someone can do it please do.

Info was from Mapquest and thank you if anyone can put a map up....time for bed...until tomorrow
Maybe she took a bus or train? Fly? It is a long ride, but we have done that to drop my daughter off at college 14 and 1/2 hours away- drove down Thursday and came back on Sunday. It is doable- long ride, indeed, but can be done.

I had to Google "5th Wheel." I learned that it's an RV that hooks up to a truck, SUV or vehicle that can handle the weight.

Is the 5th Wheel you are talking about seen in this satellite shot from Google Maps? It is on the lower left side of my screen grabs, next to the last house shown in the grab (2019)?

If this is it, I think it belongs to a neighbor. In the Google Street Images taken on 2012 of the same area, those people in the last house have an ice cream van. Partially visible is a white extended cab truck.

I only just now traveled around in Google Street view and the satellite
view father away from KB's townhouse. Her home is not as rural as I thought. There are lots of businesses nearby and houses near her Somebody has to have a CCTV that shows the killer(s) approaching and leaving.

The Hwy is much closer than I thought.

I would encourage you to spend time looking around on Google Maps.
https://tinyurl.com/ybf97b57

You can see Memorial Park that LE searched. Now that I see
it on Google Maps, no one would hide a body in that little park
or its pond. It is too out in the open. But, maybe KB was asked to meet up with someone in the park. We just don't know at this point.
The RV could be some of the extended KB family staying local for various reasons, I highly doubt it would be her parents but just a KB touch base person , IMO no way would I want to stay in her condo even if it was allowed and cleared by LE , then it may just be a guest of a neighbor.

I believe she purchased her condo in June? That was 3 months before the alleged Sept - Nov documented murder plannings. I have to wonder if the condo purchase (and all that that meant) was a trigger for him.

So, PF was seeing KK in 2016 (MSM). He technically is having an extra relationship with KB and she becomes pregnant. She moves to CO. She buys the home. He solicited. This creates the 700 mile divide.

We don't know the amount K will receive in benefits but we do know KB had a professional position at a reputable corporation. SS survivor income is based on the income of the deceased parent. We also don't know what life insurance KB may have had. JMO

Yes she did. But how much does it cost to support a child?
As far as life insurance, I’ve never heard of a child not having a guardian to manage those proceeds. Maybe it’s dif in CO. Hypothetically, assume a man receives 1,800 monthly SS for death benefits. I don’t see how there’d be enough left over after meeting the needs of a baby, to make murder an option. Jmo. I think food, clothes, day care, medical, college funds, school activities, etc., would leave very little.

I somehow doubt KB would have remained in the relationship if she felt she was "sharing" him.
I think the same as far as KB goes, but I am wondering what IN's reaction to KB was?

I can't imagine staying in a relationship with a man who not only cheated on me, but moved the woman closer to him and had a baby with him and got engaged to her- yet she continued to see this man until now, or at the time of his arrest? This isn't making much sense to me.

What about her lawyer, though? If she is merely a witness, why does she need a lawyer if she's not guilty of any wrong doing?
Think about it ! If you had been having some kind of relationship with a man arrested for a murder and you had participated in even the smallest of ways willingly or unknowingly , I for one would seek council to advise me on what might be coming down the pipe because I was associated with the person arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member