CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as KB's schedule and daycare. I honestly see no reason for daycare since the father is right there and the grandma to help. She had quite a commute each day. Seriously, I would do the same thing if I was in her shoes. I don't think she had any inclination that he was a danger to their daughter or her for that matter. Obviously, if she did, I would hope she would have made other arrangements. MOO

As the child grew, KB might have wanted her to go and socialize with other kids. Staying home with Grandma every day is great during infancy and early toddlerhood. But going to preschool and playing with other kids is a nice change for them too.

And we don't know what KB was seeing or feeling as her child matured. She might not have been in total agreement with the way the F family fed her and dealt with misbehavior. She was only 15 months, so not much of an issue yet. But by 18 months we begin to see 'bratty' behavior in our little ones. What if KB found out that the F family used spanking as their 'go to' remedy?

I am not saying they were a danger. I am just saying that parents are very sensitive to child rearing choices. And KB might have begun second guessing her decision to have her baby girl spending so much time there... ???

maybe because LE did not want PF to think that LE had enough on IN to make an arrest. this might have allowed IN to be a more effective informant and possibly gain additional information from the primary player(s). again, just an opinionated hunch.
She may be under official conditional watch - not necessarily arrest , LE may have a service they need her to help with.

I think men have been killing women forever, they don’t need a reason, imo.
But, I posted the same, what occurred prior to September?
Did he meet with a friend/lover in September? Someone that was not pleased about his situation & the plotting took off from there?
I believe she purchased her condo in June? That was 3 months before the alleged Sept - Nov documented murder plannings. I have to wonder if the condo purchase (and all that that meant) was a trigger for him.

I thought with a public defender, unless you were practically indigent, you still had to pay an hourly rate- just reduced. Am I wrong about this? It still adds up to enough to bankrupt someone in the long run of a trial.

Haaaa. Nothing wrong with taking that position, although I have my own feelings in that regard.

I genuinely believe that no matter how solid the case is against him, there will be no plea deal here.

We will not be reading 2000 plus pages of discovery in three or four months, as we were in the Watts case.

I expect this to go the distance.

It’s such a dif’ case, really. IMO
I think it’s too soon for PF to have made a decision. No sense pleading until you know the evidence against you.
I firmly believe there to be things he prefers his family not know & that might influence his decision, when the time comes. Moo

I am curious if PF's mom knew KKL and whether she visited the family ranch while in CO. Even more curious if she pulled a horse trailer from CO to Gooding, ID.

Horse trailers seems to be the current "motif" in the photos we see (of everyone involved) that's for sure! At least for me. MOO

But would it benefit him, after taking care of baby
K’s needs? Idk
I'm not sure what you mean. A parent doesn't have to prove they spend the money only on their child. It is still income, it is tax-free and she becomes his dependent on his own tax filings.

If women kill their children to hold on to a man, would a man kill a fiance to hold on to another woman? I keep thinking something happened this past fall that was the straw, something that was worth soliciting someone for murder and planning out Kelsey's murder. It's hard to pin down a motive because so many times it's quick, done out of rage and anger, but this was carefully and soberly planned. Could KK have told him that he had to make a choice and he was too afraid to tell KB to get lost? I mean in his previous relations he cheated rather than ending things, that shows a desire to avoid confrontation. Doesn't it sound like he was cheating on KB with KK? Why not just say "hey KB, I've met someone else and I'm moving on", but that doesn't seem to be the case. Instead KB is still engaged, things are moving forward from her perspective and the only one who's talking about "break ups" is PF, at least that's what KB's family have said. But what happened in late summer or Aug that made him decide to kill her?
There is a chance that KK had also been told that PF and KB had ended things. Maybe KK wanted to move down and be closer, live on the farm, bring her kids.
I don't know why, but I am leaning towards two women in his life made him feel trapped, and perhaps he resented them both.

One was Kelsey, because of their baby together- if he wanted to move away or out of state, she would a thorn in his side, as far as taking the baby with him.

I also wonder if he's had enough of living with his mother. It stated in an article that his Mom and PF have lived alone together for the last 20 years. Perhaps he is tired of taking care of Mom and HER ranch. Maybe he wanted something of his own, or maybe he didn't want to work on a ranch anymore. We don't know if he felt pressure to be a farrier because if he left, his mother would be alone, and she appears to not be able to take care of the ranch on her own. If he left, what would she do? She could have had him living on a guilt trip- if he mentioned that he got engaged to Kelsey- I wonder, what was her reaction? Did she resent Kelsey possibly taking her son away? Maybe Kelsey didn't want to live on a ranch, or maybe the mother didn't want her moving in with them. Again, we don't know.

I just think it's a combination of him being saddled with two women that in his eyes, were controlling his life. I think he wanted out, but perhaps he loves the baby and didn't want to leave her behind to start his own life somewhere else.

A local member posted tonight that there was someone living in a 5th wheel which was in the access road to Kelsey's duplex. How close is that to Kelsey's duplex? tia
I had to Google "5th Wheel." I learned that it's an RV that hooks up to a truck, SUV or vehicle that can handle the weight.

Is the 5th Wheel you are talking about seen in this satellite shot from Google Maps? It is on the lower left side of my screen grabs, next to the last house shown in the grab (2019)?

If this is it, I think it belongs to a neighbor. In the Google Street Images taken on 2012 of the same area, those people in the last house have an ice cream van. Partially visible is a white extended cab truck.

I only just now traveled around in Google Street view and the satellite
view father away from KB's townhouse. Her home is not as rural as I thought. There are lots of businesses nearby and houses near her Somebody has to have a CCTV that shows the killer(s) approaching and leaving.

The Hwy is much closer than I thought.

I would encourage you to spend time looking around on Google Maps.
https://tinyurl.com/ybf97b57

You can see Memorial Park that LE searched. Now that I see
it on Google Maps, no one would hide a body in that little park
or its pond. It is too out in the open. But, maybe KB was asked to meet up with someone in the park. We just don't know at this point.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 36
  • KBbackAlley1.jpeg
    KBbackAlley1.jpeg
    401.5 KB · Views: 38
  • KBbackAlley2A.png
    KBbackAlley2A.png
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 36
  • KBbackAlley3.png
    KBbackAlley3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
My hope for arrest of KK (IMO) is sadly not going to happen (I believe) at this point. They would’ve got her by now. Here’s her likely defense: so I had an affair with the guy, so I was in CO over thanksgiving visiting him, so he asked me travel with KB’s phone, so I sent some texts under false pretenses that may have been unethical but not illegal, I destroyed the phone because she’s the other girlfriend I don’t like her. I had no idea she was being murdered. Nothing you say can prove my actions were illegal or that I had criminal involvement in her death.
This is the same thing that happened with NK in the Cw case. They can’t prove anything with the side girl. This is what I’m afraid of.

I would guess if she is not arrested early next week then she will remain a witness which is good for the case. If she is charged then she had a significant charge and may hurt her as a witness.

Channel 13 KRDO just said that PF and IN worked together 6 years ago in Cañon City Colorado. looking for link.

ETA: It was live TV so no link yet.
So they have known each other for six years. Supposedly, according to her co-workers, she and PF started dating around 2016, which was the same time period that Kelsey entered the picture. IN was a long distance relationship, so technically, at the time, she was no threat, living so far away. I wonder if she's known about Kelsey and the baby all this time? How did PF explain that after they started a relationship, he not only started dating Kelsey, he helped her move to CO and had a baby with her? Did Kelsey know about IN all this time?

I'm not sure what you mean. A parent doesn't have to prove they spend the money only on their child. It is still income, it is tax-free and she becomes his dependent on his own tax filings.

Right. But the money he would spend to care for her would essentially be the entire check, imo.

Again, I just don’t know his income, I’ve never found any msm regarding his income or lack of.

It's a few houses west, behind the A frame I believe.
One of the things I can't imagine is sitting down with my defense attorneys with the arrest warrant unsealed as they are looking at me, with all of this horrific evidence of what I have done. What is there to possibly say...
This scenario plays out daily around the world. I couldn't take defending an obcioulsyguilty killer.

Defense attorneys get a bad rap. When I did defense work, it was pro bono, a requirement and appointment by my local court through the law firm I worked with at the time. One thing I knew... defend the allegations, don't ask the defendant if they are true.

Speaking only for myself, I am making no assumptions regarding KK's level of involvement at this point. I just feel like there's not enough solid information - yet.

I'm there right now as well-- waiting for more info. We don't know if KK is more of an Amber Frey or more like a Nicole Kessinger yet. Or if she played Bonnie to PF's Clyde impression-- were they partners in the entire plot or was she unaware of the murder? Could she have unwittingly helped to cover up after the fact (disposing of the phone) and then put two and two together when she saw KB was missing and went to the police? IDK. It's hard to see how that could happen. But perhaps PF (or someone PF solicited that they had in common?) had her fooled. I don't think we have a fraction of the info we need to conclude much about the level of KK's involvement yet. JMO.

I now worry about the relationship they have to Cañon City, because of the Royal Gorge that is there. One could easily go that way back to Idaho and toss a body. Google the depth, not to mention the Arkansas river.

From Twinn Falls, ID to Woodlank Park, CO
The driving time can be anywhere from
1st Route is 10hrs 59min, 797 miles or
2nd Route is 13hrs 26min 764 miles.

First one is all interstate the second is interstate and state routes.

Either way that is a LONG drive for one person....

I tried putting up a map, having a hard time on iPad. If someone can do it please do.

Info was from Mapquest and thank you if anyone can put a map up....time for bed...until tomorrow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member