CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she would have been. They could have walked away from each other, no problem, if they didn't have the child together.
Exactly. They weren’t married, and didn’t live together.

That child was their only link to one another, and that’s why I think she’s likely part of the motive.

What about her lawyer, though? If she is merely a witness, why does she need a lawyer if she's not guilty of any wrong doing?

Oh, she carried that phone across state lines and sent texts and reportedly disposed maybe of the phone. If that is all and she did not participate in anything else but knows information she is a great witness. She needs a lawyer any time when dealing with LE. If, her participation is beyond this, she will probably still be a witness but if she had direct involvement this may hurt her witness.

I have a couple of questions!

1) besides CB alluding to financial struggles/low cattle prices, has there been any MSM reports stating PF is poverty stricken?

2) where has it been stated PF did not pay child support?

Tysm. I’m unable to find answers to either question.

1. All we know is that he doesn't own any property of his own and he is not super wealthy. If he had lots of assets or money in the bank he would not qualify for a public defender. That doesn't tell us much though as an attorney qualified to defend 1st degree murder would not be cheap. MOO.

2. I haven't seen anything about child support-- that is usually something I think of as being court ordered when a couple is not together and we have no prior knowledge of there being any legal arrangement between KB and PF concerning Baby K. If they were planning to be married eventually or if they worked out their own agreement for who paid for what for baby they may not have seen that as necessary. MOO.

If women kill their children to hold on to a man, would a man kill a fiance to hold on to another woman? I keep thinking something happened this past fall that was the straw, something that was worth soliciting someone for murder and planning out Kelsey's murder. It's hard to pin down a motive because so many times it's quick, done out of rage and anger, but this was carefully and soberly planned. Could KK have told him that he had to make a choice and he was too afraid to tell KB to get lost? I mean in his previous relations he cheated rather than ending things, that shows a desire to avoid confrontation. Doesn't it sound like he was cheating on KB with KK? Why not just say "hey KB, I've met someone else and I'm moving on", but that doesn't seem to be the case. Instead KB is still engaged, things are moving forward from her perspective and the only one who's talking about "break ups" is PF, at least that's what KB's family have said. But what happened in late summer or Aug that made him decide to kill her?
There is a chance that KK had also been told that PF and KB had ended things. Maybe KK wanted to move down and be closer, live on the farm, bring her kids.

I think women who kill their children to hold onto a man are mentally ill and delusional. Ditto for men who murder their children and wives. That's not what happened in this case which strikes me to be totally about manipulation, control and greed.

I don't know of any woman who would want to move herself and her children out of state and into the home of their boyfriend's mother. The other parent does have some say in that scenario. JMO

I think the same as far as KB goes, but I am wondering what IN's reaction to KB was?

I can't imagine staying in a relationship with a man who not only cheated on me, but moved the woman closer to him and had a baby with him and got engaged to her- yet she continued to see this man until now, or at the time of his arrest? This isn't making much sense to me.
I know. Something is seriously messed up here and without more info we'll never figure this out. I'm certain even when the facts are revealed, we'll never understand the reasoning behind this tragedy.

Someone stated in the post that I was answering, that she may be just a witness and is cooperating with LE. So I asked, if she has done nothing wrong and is a witness helping LE, why the need for a lawyer. I truly didn't see the reason why she would need one, if there is no worry of her being arrested.
Always, always ask for your right to speak to an attorney. I have full faith in 90% of LE, the 10% scares me.

Think about it ! If you had been having some kind of relationship with a man arrested for a murder and you had participated in even the smallest of ways willingly or unknowingly , I for one would seek council to advise me on what might be coming down the pipe because I was associated with the person arrested.
I'll explain again, lol. I was replying to someone else's post who said she might just be a witness that is cooperating with LE and may not be arrested for that reason. I hope I explained myself clearly.

I admit, I learn something new every day, even at my age. I am not very knowledgeable about the legal profession. Next time, I won't ask and try to look it up on my own, rather than look like an idiot to some because I simply did not understand something. Bugger me, I'm human!

I believe it is in the lot behind the A frame house. To the west of KB. There are no homes facing KB home . Her front door / garage faces the south . I'll walk by tomorrow and get a better look.
Yes, I remember seeing that house pictured. It is perched up high and sure looks like it would have a sightline of her main (side) entrance. It would be very unfortunate if the residents in that house were out of town TG weekend. I think I said several threads back, that I hoped they were extremely nosy neighbors. o_O

MOO: We’re all assuming IN came down alone. But the only thing I’ve seen reported is that she was in Colorado over/around the Thanksgiving weekend. If she drove, it’s a long ride. It’s entirely possible she traveled with another unidentified person or persons. There’s still so much we don’t know. Perhaps she’s one degree of separation away from the crime. Close enough to offer useful info to LE but not directly involved...
Absolutely possible she knew nothing until he asked her to dispose of the phone. If she flew there would be a record of it obviously. I would think they would’ve wanted the phone turned on for the journey if she drove back so that it looked like KB was moving. But apparently that did not happen

What about her lawyer, though? If she is merely a witness, why does she need a lawyer if she's not guilty of any wrong doing?
Though it is frustrating for us.....whenever LE shows up on your doorstep and says can I ask you a few questions, the answer is ALWAYS....you may address them to my attorney. And then STFU.

Agreed. No normal person 'disposes' of a cellphone, no matter what the reason, without question.
That’s the thing. I can’t come up with an innocent explanation that is any way plausible.

Things are going to look really bad for her if she didn’t immediately come forward on her own, upon discovery of Kelsey being missing.

Last edited:
Haaaa. Nothing wrong with taking that position, although I have my own feelings in regard to his guilt.

I genuinely believe that no matter how solid the case is against him, there will be no plea deal here.

We will not be reading 2000 plus pages of discovery in three or four months, as we were in the Watts case.

I expect this to go the distance.
Is that just ego on his part do you think? Even if they came at him with a mountain of evidence, he would not want to spare everyone the trial?

Haaaa. Nothing wrong with taking that position, although I have my own feelings in regard to his guilt.

I genuinely believe that no matter how solid the case is against him, there will be no plea deal here.

We will not be reading 2000 plus pages of discovery in three or four months, as we were in the Watts case.

I expect this to go the distance.

I guess the Watts case serves as a reminder that we need to be thankful for small mercies in this case, really...at least PF didn't murder his little daughter, which is more than can be said for CW.

Absolutely possible she knew nothing until he asked her to dispose of the phone. If she flew there would be a record of it obviously. I would think they would’ve wanted the phone turned on for the journey if she drove back so that it looked like KB was moving. But apparently that did not happen

But.. she DID it nonetheless. WHY?

If women kill their children to hold on to a man, would a man kill a fiance to hold on to another woman? I keep thinking something happened this past fall that was the straw, something that was worth soliciting someone for murder and planning out Kelsey's murder. It's hard to pin down a motive because so many times it's quick, done out of rage and anger, but this was carefully and soberly planned. Could KK have told him that he had to make a choice and he was too afraid to tell KB to get lost? I mean in his previous relations he cheated rather than ending things, that shows a desire to avoid confrontation. Doesn't it sound like he was cheating on KB with KK? Why not just say "hey KB, I've met someone else and I'm moving on", but that doesn't seem to be the case. Instead KB is still engaged, things are moving forward from her perspective and the only one who's talking about "break ups" is PF, at least that's what KB's family have said. But what happened in late summer or Aug that made him decide to kill her?
There is a chance that KK had also been told that PF and KB had ended things. Maybe KK wanted to move down and be closer, live on the farm, bring her kids.

Maybe KB was having a hard time accepting the relationship was over. Maybe someone wasn't happy that KB still went ahead and purchased a home so close to PF, when they really wanted KB to leave the community. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx