CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #29 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I remember discussing that back in the beginning. I was also under the impression that LE had done a welfare check at that time. So if that's true, that may have prompted PF to make up the story that Kelsey had gone to visit relatives, send the messages, and arrange for the phone to be taken to Idaho. That would also explain how the friend knew about it and told her employer.
Maybe LE believed the story until Kelseys mom called relatives and ultimately found out that no-one knew where she was, and the actual missing persons report wasn't filed until several days later.

It would make sense, but if I remember correctly there was some confusion as to whether or not that date was accurate. Imo

Is it possible someone using KB’s phone texted P to advise she was headed to Idaho?

Where is the grandma's location in Idaho? Is the grandmother in Idaho in a place without phone service? I think if he had told CB this, CB would've called the grandmother to investigate. In the event the grandmother in Idaho is not able to be contacted via phone, most mothers would drive there (it is reasonable driving distance from anywhere in Washington to anywhere in Idaho). I just don't believe a worried and concerned CB sat on this information for a week without finding out for herself if that was true or not. This case would've blown up on 11/26 with headlines reading "Mom of tot disappears en route to Grandma's," "Mom's phone pings in Gooding, Idaho; cannot be located" and so forth. It would've immediately made PF look suspicious.
It has been reported that Grandmother is in nursing home in Idaho. Once PF told CB this "information" about a visit, CB looked into it and it did not happen. And KB never mentioned she was going for this visit. So then CB was alarmed, WPPD was called, brother went there, and they were made to wait on declaring KB a missing person due to the fake texts. So November 22nd CB spoke to KB. By the 25th, 26th, she was alarmed and concerned about her daughter and contacted PF. CB did NOT sit on this.

Its like we have a woman, a cowboy & a baby, living fairly normal lives. Good days & bad days. Both adults busy with their professions, sharing baby K, maybe planning a future. It was a “young” relationship & by all appearances, fast moving. No DV reports, no prior criminal records, just normal people.
I see another woman looking in, seething with jealousy over P’s new love. A woman that hoped to be in KB’s position. Now, she knows she never will. She can’t control her hatred & obsesses for much longer than 3 months. The three month time frame is when something made her decide for certain murder was the only remedy. Maybe she was told to “move on”, back in September. Perhaps P/KB/baby attended a rodeo Labor Day weekend & the other woman observed the family of 3, laughing, showing baby K the horses, rodeo clowns & other attractions & realized “they are in love”. I think P would have been more than proud to show off baby K & KB at the end of the season rodeo.
As far as insinuations KB had “problems”, frankly, I can see the scorned woman spreading that rumor. Perhaps she is the one with “problems”. We don’t know.
Jmo, hypothetical and all that Jazz

My guess would be that they had a hot affair, a baby, and then it didn't work out. I would guess that Kelsey didn't want to live with P and his mom (she wanted her own life, family, home because she was an accomplished and independent young woman - normal) and got to the point of deciding to move on with her life. Further, I'd surmise it was amicable when it came to sharing the baby but *IF* it looked like Kelsey was moving on more seriously and wanting to have a legal (vs informal) custody agreement, things could have gone south very fast.

Lol....I think LE have their guy.

As for the scorned woman. She better be thanking God she wasn’t in KBs position, as she would be dead right now. I think you are really sold on this idea. But I think she is the accomplice, the one who was solicited, knew the plan and followed it. She knows a lot but I believe she is the second party. I do believe she was there.
I agree more with @Trudie the more the tidbits come out. I see a web of lies, and the spider in the middle is not PF, he's just another fly or perhaps the mating male aka dinner meal.

Now that you mention it... there WAS a great deal of confusion early on about whether or not CB first contacted WPPD for a welfare check only (knock on door) because she could nit reach KB. That was later cleaned up to CB contacted WPPD Dec 2 to report her as a missing person and WPPD performed a community caretaker check (entered residence without permission or SW).

You've got me wondering now if the original Nov 25 missing date was scrubbed by WPPD as they were following the FB group all along since then.

Yeah, a LOT of people in Idaho are going to need lawyers IMO.
It’s perfectly clear from the first press conference that CB contacted WPD on Dec 2, they did a welfare check that day at 12:37 pm. CB also contacted PF and he said he hadn’t heard from KB since the 25th. There’s no reason to believe CB ever had contact with police prior to Dec 2 or the chief would have mentioned it, IMO. He would have no reason to hide that info.

How did we miss this part?

The employee went to the R's on Nov 26 and said the woman (KK) was missing. It wasn't just a FB post she saw. So our speculation was right but the info was sitting right in front of our faces and we missed it. From interview 2

"On November 26th, Michelle came to Patty and said 'that person, she's missing, she's also a pilot.' Patty realized she had also seen a Facebook post about a missing Colorado mom that sounded familiar. She delivered an ultimatum for her employee Michelle to pass along to Krystal."

PF is not behind bars because KK decided to point the finger.

He is behind bars because there is compelling evidence that he was involved in her murder, one that occurred in her house.

The CBI and FBI, know what they are doing.

They know that accomplices frequently blame one another, and that accusations must be backed up with corroborating evidence.

What we do not know, is the extent of KK’s involvement in all of this. Just because she tells them one thing, doesn’t mean that she is being truthful.

Most people try to mitigate their involvement in crimes in which they are accused, and I’m sure that she is no diffferent.

It’s just a matter of law enforcement figuring out what her specific involvement was, and what crimes she may have comitted.

I don’t think it was just the phone, but I also don’t think it went as far as murder.

Exactly. I think some are forgetting a judge signed an arrest warrant for these charges and the DA filed them. To think that LE went to the judge with the affidavit and said, “here’s our affidavit. We’d like to charge PF with 3 counts of murder 1 solicitation because IN here says that he asked her on September 1 and October 1 and November 1 and also, IN says that PF did it himself. Oh and that he may have robbed her. Could you sign this, judge?” is just simply NOT how it works.

Does anyone have a link for the information that "KB's mother contacted LE on November 25th. I have heard that at that time they conducted a welfare check"
Read the article. It is in there.
Berreth’s mom called police on Nov. 25 and officers conducted a welfare check at her residence. When police arrived at her home, she was not there.
Edited to say I provided a link!!

Last edited:
I’m going to guess CB had the name of a “cowgirl” on the tip of her tongue at her first sit down with LE.
And, the “cowgirl” was under suspicion way before the public knew she existed.
Not implying anyone specific. That’s why I used “cowgirl”.

Yes it is. But.,.,normal people talk anyway.

Yeah, I think it's hard for most people to keep their traps shut. As a non criminal I would not speak to cops or FBI about anything if I thought I could be implicated in something. I love it when LE does the right thing and a good job (as with Chris Watts) but there are many instances of people being beaten down into giving false confessions or simply outright framed.

Exactly. I think some are forgetting a judge signed an arrest warrant for these charges and the DA filed them. To think that LE went to the judge with the affidavit and said, “here’s our affidavit. We’d like to charge PF with 3 counts of murder 1 solicitation because IN here says that he asked her on September 1 and October 1 and November 1 and also, IN says that PF did it himself. Oh and that he may have robbed her. Could you sign this, judge?” is just simply NOT how it works.

Thanks Rio.
I hear ya. I know you know. I just feel there’s something else going on here.
I’ll eat crow.

Breaking down what we know 100% for sure:
Straight from LE, her brother, or her mother who spoke with her, Not from news media or others.

She talked to her mom twice on Thanksgiving. Needed a recipe, ‘possibility of going out’
She went to Safeway on Thanksgiving.
She has not been seen since the Safeway video.
Nov 25th welfare check
Dec 2 declared missing.
Brother went to home. Cinnamon rolls. Cars there. No belongings taken. Purse and phone not there.
Mother called PF. He hasn’t seen her since November 22. Not clear as to what else he said- conflicting answers.
Her phoned pinged in Gooding Nov 25th.
Two texts were sent out Nov 25th. To Doss and PF. Doss one said - not coming to work for a week- but it likely said more.
Searches conducted.
PF arrested Dec 21.
Police say likely murdered in her home.
LE searching in Idaho. Evidence to be processed and search warrants made.
Much speculation of KK but no word from LE regarding her, other than no, she has not been arrested.

That’s all we’ve got for facts. The rest is assumption or hearsay.

Last edited:
How did we miss this part?

The employee went to the R's on Nov 26 and said the woman (KK) was missing. It wasn't just a FB post she saw. So our speculation was right but the info was sitting right in front of our faces and we missed it. From interview 2

"On November 26th, Michelle came to Patty and said 'that person, she's missing, she's also a pilot.' Patty realized she had also seen a Facebook post about a missing Colorado mom that sounded familiar. She delivered an ultimatum for her employee Michelle to pass along to Krystal."
Isn't that what Gardener was just saying may have happened? Now we know.

I don't see why not. I'm sure there are many texts between them. Hopefully LE has been able to retrieve them all. Imo

Wouldn't KB's phone have then pinged from that phone?

We really don't know the last time before Gooding, ID when a cell tower picked up her phone

Maybe hoped they would be? I mean, he did not marry her when she gave birth. Bad enough. But perhaps, she still hoped? Or likely, he lied to her?

Well it seems like she must have gotten pregnant pretty quickly. It’s fair to say that she might not have even wanted to get married until they knew each other better.

She may have believed they were taking their time and probably knew things weren’t exactly perfect. I don’t think she knew he was playing the field though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidandrew32