CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #30 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
fwiw, that LE isn't actively searching or asking the public to keep an eye out for KB's body just speaks volumes to me. I live in Colorado and there's no local admonition, no anything. It's like they discovered what they discovered, arrested him, charged him, and stopped looking.
It seemed quiet about the search. Thanks for the info.

Is this going to be the case that shakes our belief in community? That there isn't just one bad apple?
I think so.

Maybe for the viper pit KB seems to have gotten in.

O/T one of the most amazing efforts I saw here at WS that reaffirmed my faith in community was for the Lucas Hernandez case. Members here coordinated search efforts; searched; paid for, arranged with local businesses to display flyers in there businesses and on pizza boxes, picked up/distributed flyers; and communicated with VIs. Sadly, he was eventually located deceased, but his family was able to have him back.

If anyone wants a diversion from the fascinating evolving story of the 2R's, the BFF, and the sweetheart of the high school rodeo............................I am still puzzled by the phone traveling to Idaho. Obviously a diversion, but why? It wasn't to protect PF (because it only enhanced the assumption that he was the last person to see KB). It was not to throw off the employer. If they hadn't been texted, they would have called the phone and left a volice mail asking why she was not at work and waited at least a week before firing her. The choice of location where it was guaranteed to contact only one cell tower was criminally brilliant, and required some pretty hefty knowledge of how modern communications work. It would have been entirely impossible for a cowboy and cowgirl to be driving down one of the lonesomest roads in America, make a phone call and then say "Wow, that call only bounced off one cell tower. Let's keep that in mind for our next conspiracy and/or solicitation."
So I'm thinking we are looking for a millenial geek type; someone who digs finding out just how sneaky gadgets can be in the right hands. Possibly a hacker. About the only thing that I'm sure of right now is that the person who placed the two texts didn't do it from their home range. If he/she was that lazy, why not just use someone else's phone altogether and text that the sender was KB's BFF calling in sick for her?

I think they got the date right. Tainted the case or not, who knows. But I think KK told her friend KB was missing because she was setting up her own alibi, for lack of a better term. She probably played it to the friend something like, "OMG! Remember how PF asked me to kill his baby mama?! Now she's missing! Isn't that crazy? It's too ironic, I hope he didn't do anything to her!" Now she has washed her hands of it before the finger even poins her direction, and can say later, "Ask my friend, I was beside myself when I found out she was missing." And now she can say PF told her KB was missing, which makes him look guilty because she hadn't been reported missing yet, but he "had to have" told KK for her to know. (Which isn't true, since she also could have been present, and likely took KB's phone on day 1.)

I think this, too.

If anyone wants a diversion from the fascinating evolving story of the 2R's, the BFF, and the sweetheart of the high school rodeo............................I am still puzzled by the phone traveling to Idaho. Obviously a diversion, but why? It wasn't to protect PF (because it only enhanced the assumption that he was the last person to see KB). It was not to throw off the employer. If they hadn't been texted, they would have called the phone and left a volice mail asking why she was not at work and waited at least a week before firing her. The choice of location where it was guaranteed to contact only one cell tower was criminally brilliant, and required some pretty hefty knowledge of how modern communications work. It would have been entirely impossible for a cowboy and cowgirl to be driving down one of the lonesomest roads in America, make a phone call and then say "Wow, that call only bounced off one cell tower. Let's keep that in mind for our next conspiracy and/or solicitation."
So I'm thinking we are looking for a millenial geek type; someone who digs finding out just how sneaky gadgets can be in the right hands. Possibly a hacker. About the only thing that I'm sure of right now is that the person who placed the two texts didn't do it from their home range. If he/she was that lazy, why not just use someone else's phone altogether and text that the sender was KB's BFF calling in sick for her?
Because they wanted the PF’s story that she went to visit family to remain on the plate of possibilities. And that something could have happened to her on the road.

This isn’t complicated.

Kelsey’s phone sending those texts and pinging from that location, delayed the discovery of her disappearance, set up an alibi for PF (his phone was likely in Colorado at the time), and made it appear that she was going somewhere.

It worked for a time, as her employer apparently bought it.

I’m sure the text to PF also explained the reason he ultimately gave law enforcement, for not reporting her missing.

This was creative, but stupid.

How the hell was she supposed to have gotten there?

I appreciate your honesty and intelligence. You also “appear” to be a local in the area and maybe have stated that and I missed it. I am always willing to give a charged person the benefit of the doubt. And too, I know there are many innocent people that have been convicted of crimes and the Innocence Project has helped so many.

For me, I am not from the area, do not know the WP LE, nor the folks in the DAs office. What I do know is that the FBI was brought in and the LE in Idaho are also a part of the investigation so while PF is locked up, I do believe investigators are looking at all leads, albeit they are focused on PF.

What to make of KK’s involvement if any? We don’t know do we? Nor do we know why the R’s have involved themselves in this case. The rumors are flying.

That leaves me with

1). Yes CB loved her daughter and wants the guilty person to pay. I am with her.
2). A little baby girl likely saw her mom murdered. In any case, she will never see her mother again.
3). After PF supposedly received a text saying KB was going on a road trip, she never followed up with him. Would a normal person question why he has not heard from the mother of her baby? Would she not call to ask how the baby is or to hear her little voice?
4). WHY did PF not report her missing?
5). WHY did PF not search for her? Reportedly, he knew she was headed out to see her grandmother.
6). WHY did PF not immediately contact CB and the police for help?
He has a brother in Le in Co Springs. Surely, they would have taken this seriously and helped him.
7) Why did PF not take part in a press conference and ask the neighbors of Florissant and Woodland Park to help find her?
8). WHY would PF not take part in the local vigil for CB?

Those things show to me a total lack of regard for his child’s mother. It didn’t matter if he was having an affair or dating ten other people. It is how he treated KBs disappearance that made others zero in on PF.

From what I understand it was KK who inserted herself into this mess. SHE is the one who told friends she was seeing him, And she told them before the murder ever happened. She lives in Idaho. That’s where the phone pinged. What was she or someone she knew doing with the phone and why was she in WP on the day that LE theorize KB was murdered? Looks real bad for her.

As for PFs family, his sister in law signed into WS long enough to tell us that WE needed to be looking for KB, she didn’t sound the least bit concerned. This is the aunt of little Kaylee Berreth! Yes, there are a few of us who didn’t buy the koolaid she was trying to sell us. Seems there are a lot of cold hearted people living in Florissant, Colorado.

WS members aren’t trying to tar and feather PF. He has every right to remain silent. But surely he could help investigators solve this, if he wanted to help.

Finally, I don’t know if you are a family member to PF, and won’t ask. But if you are, maybe you could ask some members of your family or yourself these questions.

Good post based upon common sense. Kelsey wasn't some hoodrat *advertiser censored* who would be expected to ditch her kid and then show up whenever. She was a responsible young woman and would not have just taken off and not called about her daughter - never mind being irresponsible with her employment. That right there indicts Frazee. Then there is ZERO excuse for some broad in Idaho to have Kelsey's phone. That indicts the rodeo queen as, at the least, as an accessory. That's all without the bizarre story coming from the R's of a murder plot.

As for Krystal being in Colorado over Thanksgiving, where does that info come from? Was she caught on camera anywhere and what's that stuff about her using a credit card at Sonic? Is this stuff verified or FB gossip?

It's driving me crazy that rodeo queen hasn't been arrested as an accessory in the disappearance of Kelsey Berreth. Why isn't being in possession of Kelsey's phone enough to arrest her?

Are you saying you don't think KK sent the texts from KB's phone? If not than it's one heck of a coincidence that phone pinged within a very short distance from where she lives.

I’m guessing PF told her mom she went crazy and took off to go to her family with only her purse and phone. Mom pleaded for her picture to be passed, ‘somebody out there has seen her’ ‘somebody knows where she is’. She said she believed she was out there and that ‘although in the back of her mind she recognizes there’s a chance something else could have happened, but she doesn’t want to go down that road, not helpful to Kelsey’. ‘Don’t try to figure it out, we have people who are doing that, just get her face out there’. And her aunt checking with truck stops. My god, this poor family actually believed PF’s lies. Sickening. God bless this family.

To put to rest a lot of theories, conspiracies, etc, here is what I know after speaking with a senior law enforcement officer in Idaho tangengtially involved in the case.

1. KK and her lawyer were informed that accessory to 1st degree murder, for which she could be charged, could carry up to life in prison under Federal sentencing guidelines.

2. This could become a Federal case because of the interstate actions of the suspect(s) but that is yet to be determined.

2. KK and her lawyer decided to completely cooperate with law enforcement in return for reduced charges and prison time. Her reduced prison time could still be substantial and she will definitely serve time. She has not been charged because they are truth checking her info and negotiating her charges.

3. From KK and other evidence, law enforcement knows the who, why, how, when, and where of the murder. They do not know where the body is located and may not be able to recover it - that is all my source would say.

4. If this becomes a Federal case, the death penalty for PF becomes more real. Colorado for all practical purposes does not enforce the death penalty on State cases, while the Federal gov't does on Federal cases. A death sentence in CO is essentially life without parole so there is little incentive for PF to plea bargin under leverage to confess if it remains a State case.

That is all I know. I won't reply to any questions or comments. Just wanted to clear up as much of the discussion as possible. It seems the all-source evidence against PF is substantial according to source. Hope this info helps.
Thank you for the info, but please become a VI and confirm.

You can look up marriage licenses. I just tested with mine. Public info.
Perhaps it is different by county because I can't search mine. And the State of Colorado site says how to obtain one, along with showing identification to get it.

This isn’t complicated.

Kelsey’s phone sending those texts and pinging from that location, delayed the discovery of her disappearance, set up an alibi for PF (his phone was likely in Colorado at the time), and made it appear that she was going somewhere.

It worked for a time, as her employer apparently bought it.

I’m sure the text to PF also explained the reason he ultimately gave law enforcement, for not reporting her missing.

This was creative, but stupid.

How the hell was she supposed to have gotten there?
I think his only explanation could be- she went crazy and left on foot with her purse. His family has suggested she had mental health problems. As did KK via the BFF to the R’s. Obviously a lie they conjured up.

do we know if the KK credit card at Sonic is real? And the date? The reason I'm asking...just wonder if KK knew and was involved...and then went to eat food at the Sonaic right by KBs house.
Just trying to determine how appalled I should be with regard to all of this. Because if all of this fits together..well that's just completely disgusting and how on earth did KB get surrounded by such a snake pit of people?

I think his only explanation could be- she went crazy and left on foot with her purse. His family has suggested she had mental health problems. As did KK via the BFF to the R’s. Obviously a lie they conjured up.

<modsnip>

What time is chapter 3? With R’s? Tysm

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the phone did not ping from where she lives. She lives farther than the operating radius of the Gooding tower, but her employment is within the far reaches of that circle. The city of Twin Falls has 49,000 people, and there are about 22,000 more in the surrou nding communities. There are probably seven or more cell towers in that area, all within operating radius of her work. Gooding itself is at least within the raduis of a tower at Hailey. The person had to be within the circle of Gooding range and out of all other Idaho range circles for there to be one ping. That area is northwest of Gooding, contains no houses and is intersected by only one Highway (US93). Sure, KK could have driven there, but if she just wanted to get slightly out of town, why not drive straight south across the Utah border?

I think the accusations implies that the death was in such a manner that it caused physical, emotional and mental strength.

That it was not being a shot by the gun in the back. That KB was somehow incapacitated and witnessed preparations and suffered in the process of dying

That makes sense. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members